Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Accounting...Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

ChemHickey wrote: »
    As I've said before...

depreciation/cash flow = 60markers
    suspense/published. = 100markers
    Flexible budget. = 80 marker

Epic paper <3

<3 I'd LOVE this paper!! <3 I actually don't mind suspense, I like them! Except for the narrations, I am never confident with mine! But I wouldn't mind this paper, though I'd prefer a cash budget and I highly doubt flexi will come on it's own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    As I've said before...

depreciation/cash flow = 60markers
    suspense/published. = 100markers
    Flexible budget. = 80 marker

Epic paper <3

<3 I'd LOVE this paper!! <3 I actually don't mind suspense, I like them! Except for the narrations, I am never confident with mine! But I wouldn't mind this paper, though I'd prefer a cash budget and I highly doubt flexi will come on it's own.

Suspense is my favourite question! They could put up flexible with piles of theory! You just need to write random stuff for the narrations. anything would do.

Suspense is my favourite question! They could put up flexible with piles of theory! You just need to write random stuff for the narrations. anything would do.

Ya! I just hope they don't have weird workings for suspense to catch us out. :P
    Ya that's what I always do, my teacher said the narrations are normally not more than a mark or two anyway so write whatever you can.

Yuck theory :p takes so much effort but I'm feeling confident about accounting- the one subject I've been practicing for all year round and got an A in the pres too! Big improvement from last year's B3. I hope it's a nice paper. :)

cocopopsxx wrote: »

Ya! I just hope they don't have weird workings for suspense to catch us out. :P
    Ya that's what I always do, my teacher said the narrations are normally not more than a mark or two anyway so write whatever you can.

Yuck theory :p takes so much effort but I'm feeling confident about accounting- the one subject I've been practicing for all year round and got an A in the pres too! Big improvement from last year's B3. I hope it's a nice paper. :)

Ya? congratulations with the results!

I'm hoping for an a1 too! I hope the suspense questions are similar to the ones in the papers, not like the EC mock one with the sales returns debtors suspense instead of purchase returns creditors suspense one.

ChemHickey wrote:

Ya? congratulations with the results!

I'm hoping for an a1 too! I hope the suspense questions are similar to the ones in the papers, not like the EC mock one with the sales returns debtors suspense instead of purchase returns creditors suspense one.

thanks (:

Ya same! They're so repetitive in the papers that if you know them well, suspense should become really easy for ya! I didn't do the EC mock, my school makes their own ones but my teacher did something similar, nearly got caught out on that! Hopefully it'll be nice easy question. (:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Yeovil247

why do a lot of people think that a farm account is coming up as a 100 marker. My class haven't even done it!

I hope its:
    Q1) Company
    Q5) Ratios (performance, state of affairs, prospects)
    Q6)Q7) Published/Suspense
    Q9) Production

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Defygravity

Could departmental come up as a Q1?!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭emmamurphy233

I think q9 could be divided into an A and B part, with flexible as one part and cash/production as another part.

They're trying to make questions less predictable so I'd say accounting will be tough. They'll probably give loads of weird workings that haven't come up before or something. Bloody SEC. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brownstone

Didnt do Q1 or Q5 so I'm stuck with what comes up... As long as marginal and incomplete aren't there, be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 John 10

Does anybody know where I can get solutions to Accountancy papers after 2001? Really appreciate this. Thanks!

• Advertisement

Anyone?? Please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

John 10 wrote: »
    Anyone?? Please!!!
    did you look on examinations.ie? they might have them

They only have back as far as 2001. I think that's fairly stupid to be honest. So does anybody have them?????

John 10 wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I can get solutions to Accountancy papers after 2001? Really appreciate this. Thanks!
    http://www.egs.ie/accountancy/00/h/1ms.pdf

2000 marking scheme if that's any help to you.:)

And if you change 00 to 99,98 etc you can get other years. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

And if you change 00 to 99,98 etc you can get other years. :)

thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Hi all,

For the section 2 what would you recommend studying? I'm thinking ratios, service firm and incomplete records? I never did suspense in school so I can't do that question. Any help would be much appreciated as I'd like to get a D1-D2 in this subject:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ACBBFG

I think published is quite likely as its pattern is two years on one year off and it was on in 2011 but not 2010

smithy77 wrote: »
    Hi all,

For the section 2 what would you recommend studying? I'm thinking ratios, service firm and incomplete records? I never did suspense in school so I can't do that question. Any help would be much appreciated as I'd like to get a D1-D2 in this subject:)
    Published and cash flow could also come up there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

what is everyone studying?

do you think ill get away with studying

company account
    ratios
    suspense
    incomplete records
    published account

and does anyone have any suggestions of what could come up in questions 8 and 9

smithy77 wrote: »
    Hi all,

And farm! Don't forget Farm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Can anyone help me with the suspense transaction for mortgage intersest in the 2006 sole trader. I can get the interest for the year but the rest i dont understand

What's everyone doing for accounting.

are ye using just black pen or using red pen for balances or what? =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Pencil all the way.........

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Pencil all the way.........

Even for ruling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

can departmental actually come up in q1?

dont worry too much about farm, its basically a service firm!

What's everyone doing for accounting.

are ye using just black pen or using red pen for balances or what? =)

That's what I was wondering bout. I'mso used to using red for drawing out accounts and balacing lines and all but I dunno if I should. :/ I used it last year but....

Does anyone know what the basis of apportionment for power and materials handling costs could possibly be? :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

is costing or budgeting easier to study?

Advertisement