Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Accounting...Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

thank god i hate them! were doin the 120 markers in Q1 so theres only 3 possible questions they can ask us :) not crazy about published accounts either tho.. a farm account 100m would be nice.. i really hope im not forces to do the ratios question :(

i will be doing ratios i feel confortable with them so thats 1 100 marker.

But if the other two are suspense, published/cashflow ill just cry. I cant do suspense have completely left it out. I know the layout of published and cashflow but thats about it.

ChemHickey wrote: »
    I mean that's be a horror of a paper for me... :L Those would shock me too. They could put ratios as a 60marker yano? :L

interesting :L just 6 ratios to calculate maybe no writing oh that be lovely! more choice in the 100's

• Registered Users Posts: 31 moll_bangers

our teacher was amazing and then she went on pregnancy leave and we got a complete idiot of a teacher to do ratios with us! :( for example a way he gave us to remember high and low gearing was a smiley and sad face! how the hell does that help us remember it!?? :/ fml

our teacher was amazing and then she went on pregnancy leave and we got a complete idiot of a teacher to do ratios with us! :( for example a way he gave us to remember high and low gearing was a smiley and sad face! how the hell does that help us remember it!?? :/ fml

jesus, i know the feeling mine was shocking last year couldnt find most of the figures!

the accounting paper is like the english poets X5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Sunny!! wrote: »
    interesting :L just 6 ratios to calculate maybe no writing oh that be lovely! more choice in the 100's

It probably would be 3 ratios and the essay type thing then! :L No way would you spend 25mins doing 6 ratios! :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭emmamurphy233

I think they'll be shneaky and not put suspense on, put forward incomplete on instead.
    If I open the paper and don't see depreciation or revaluation though... I will cry.

It probably would be 3 ratios and the essay type thing then! :L No way would you spend 25mins doing 6 ratios! :L

ah theyed give a bit of theory! oh why did i repeat accounting. Its like all or nothing!

I think they'll be shneaky and not put suspense on, put forward incomplete on instead.
    If I open the paper and don't see depreciation or revaluation though... I will cry.

i honestly think suspense will be on the paper its the hardest topic on the course imo and its every second year and they know a lot of people leave it out so theyll throw it on fml!

i honestly think suspense will be on the paper its the hardest topic on the course imo and its every second year and they know a lot of people leave it out so theyll throw it on fml!

Suspense is the most lovely topic in the whole Leaving cert! :)

I got a 100 mark suspense done in 17mins today, perfect
    got 2 60markers done in 13mins and 10mins respectively, perfect.

If it is not on, I WILL cry... :'(

oh its great if you can understand it! i cant was told to leave it out!

• Advertisement

There will be one or the other. They weren't on last year.

I really don't know which I'd prefer!

What are ye guys timing like for questions atm? I got a reval done in 17 mins today! Was uber-delighted. I only used one colour pen though, and I really think that saved me around 5 mins!

There will be one or the other. They weren't on last year.

I really don't know which I'd prefer!

What are ye guys timing like for questions atm? I got a reval done in 17 mins today! Was uber-delighted. I only used one colour pen though, and I really think that saved me around 5 mins!

fecking hell haha it takes me 15minutes to make out my layout for reval!

I shouldnt get caught for time and ill probarly get caught out :L

fecking hell haha it takes me 15minutes to make out my layout for reval!

I shouldnt get caught for time and ill probarly get caught out :L

You'll be grand. Don't bother changing pen colours for balances, especially for revaluation as it eats time! Like before the mocks I did a reval question and it took me 25mins or so (changing pens) Now, without changing i'm down to 17, hopefully I'll get it to 15 for monday! :L It'll save me time as i'm planning to go extremely slow for budgeting as I always make mistakes there!

You'll be grand. Don't bother changing pen colours for balances, especially for revaluation as it eats time! Like before the mocks I did a reval question and it took me 25mins or so (changing pens) Now, without changing i'm down to 17, hopefully I'll get it to 15 for monday! :L It'll save me time as i'm planning to go extremely slow for budgeting as I always make mistakes there!

i got 60/60 in the pre in it.

im leaving out

- control
    - suspense
    - budgets

hope it be ok!

i got 60/60 in the pre in it.

im leaving out

- control
    - suspense
    - budgets

hope it be ok!

Ya? Congrats! We didn't get that mock! We got the really hard one with the impossible cash flow statement. :L My friend did it in and got 17/100 on it! :L He had gotten like 80% in the farm and like 70% in the two 60 markers and he was dragged down to like 50%! It was crazy! But he'll end up getting the a1 i'd say.

One of us will be happy on monday (hope its me ;) ) :p:D:p

Ya? Congrats! We didn't get that mock! We got the really hard one with the impossible cash flow statement. :L My friend did it in and got 17/100 on it! :L He had gotten like 80% in the farm and like 70% in the two 60 markers and he was dragged down to like 50%! It was crazy! But he'll end up getting the a1 i'd say.

One of us will be happy on monday (hope its me ;) ) :p:D:p

i think it be you :L you think id learn from last year :L and we done that cashflow in class and i was like wtf:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Im leaving out
    • Manufacturing
    • Tabular
    • Suspense
    • Control
    • Revaluation
    • Deprecitaion
    Hope ill be ok

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Im leaving out
    • Manufacturing
    • Tabular
    • Suspense
    • Control
    • Revaluation
    • Deprecitaion
    Hope ill be ok

:L is that a joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

:L is that a joke?

No why would it.

Jesus Christ! How did you manage that? 28 is my record. :P but I'm of the same opinion. Absolutely love suspense! The only part where something can really go wrong is the first part and if you've practiced enough you can't really go wrong there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 dillonbrannick

Accounting paper I'm looking for:
    revaluation 60
    cash flow 60
    ratios 100
    suspense 100
    cash budgeting 80

I'll get the a1 if this comes up, kinda need it too

not doing q1. My only real concern is the 80 markers, we did costing and then at the last minute did cash budgeting, which is the easiest thing going, but I can only do job and marginal costing so if a a product comes up I ballaxed, kinda banking on the cash budgeting

World's WORST paper:
    1. Manufacturing (only know this from observing, not actually doing it)
    2. Published
    3. Control - debtors
    4. Tabular
    5. Ratios (can't really have a difficult interpretation question if you practice them though)
    6. Incomplete (backwards)
    7. Farm Accounts
    8. Break even charts and all that ****e!
    9. Cash budgets where you have to work purchases or something out, or a mixed one.

world's BEST paper:
    1. Company accounts (seems people want that one)
    2. Revaluation
    3. Depreciation
    4. Farm
    5. Shareholders!
    6. Cash Flow
    7. Suspense/Published
    8. Stock Valuation and Product Costing
    9. Flexi!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

what do people think is likely to come up in questions 8 and 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dillonbrannick

Princessxx wrote: »
    what do people think is likely to come up in questions 8 and 9?

I think cash budgeting is due for Q9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

can costing come into the budget question?
    really just want to focus on budgets but would do both if I had to

TheGunns wrote: »
    can costing come into the budget question?
    really just want to focus on budgets but would do both if I had to

It better not. Our teacher didn't do costing with us! =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

hopefully it wont
    it seems like a lot of teachers are taking risks with accounting
    our teacher did all the topics with us which while be safe left us with little to no revision time. Think we had like 2 weeks/week and a half to go over topics.

TheGunns wrote: »

hopefully it wont
    it seems like a lot of teachers are taking risks with accounting
    our teacher did all the topics with us which while be safe left us with little to no revision time. Think we had like 2 weeks/week and a half to go over topics.

Our teacher left out q1 and q8! It's nerve wrecking!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 oldcrescent

i've never passed an accounting test in my life

• Advertisement

Our teacher left out q1 and q8! It's nerve wrecking!

we left out 1 alright. But leaving out q8 is dodgy as they can put in a flexible!

Advertisement