Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Accounting...Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭emmamurphy233

Sunny!! wrote: »
    they could throw in an awful curveball and id be fecked, oh but its better to be spending time on the financial tommorow! oh choices!
    I know! So much to do, so little time!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 insua

I found out the hard way for the mocks, u can't cram accounting. Just need to improve on that fail

• Registered Users Posts: 2 theflexible

does anyone have any 100 mark farm account questions please??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Defygravity

I'm planning on doing the Ratios Q so I want to leave out Suspense.. We've never even touched on Farm accounts so if they came up as a hundred marker it'd be horrific! do you think the chances of Farm and Suspense for Q6&7 are likely?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whatsec

I'm planning on doing the Ratios Q so I want to leave out Suspense.. We've never even touched on Farm accounts so if they came up as a hundred marker it'd be horrific! do you think the chances of Farm and Suspense for Q6&7 are likely?

One of farm or service are definately gonna come up ( there's always one of farm, club and service every year) and since club last year was a 100 marker i'd say if farm was to come up it'd be a sixty marker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 whatsec

This is what I'm wondering too. I don't know what to do. :/

I'm leaving out production budgeting cause not only did it come up last year, but I despise it. I'm doing flex budgeting cause I have a feeling that will come up, but other than that I'm focusing on costing. Maybe I'll look over cash if i have time but I'm not worrying about it.

What about the backwards incomplete? anyone doing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

whatsec wrote: »
    I'm leaving out production budgeting cause not only did it come up last year, but I despise it. I'm doing flex budgeting cause I have a feeling that will come up, but other than that I'm focusing on costing. Maybe I'll look over cash if i have time but I'm not worrying about it.

What about the backwards incomplete? anyone doing that?

yeap im doing it because there will be a susprise whos saying it wont be imcomplete backwards as 100!

I went over incomplete backwards yeaterday, but didn't that come up as a 100 marker last year? :S

insua wrote: »
    I found out the hard way for the mocks, u can't cram accounting. Just need to improve on that fail
    Did you get that stuuupid examcraft mock? I failed too. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I went over incomplete backwards yeaterday, but didn't that come up as a 100 marker last year? :S

It came up a 60 last year and a 100 in 2009.... Lets pray it won't come up again! I haven't practiced one in soooooo long (over a year!)

• Advertisement

Did you get that stuuupid examcraft mock? I failed too. :P

I got that one! We only had 1 60 marker done and could just about attempt suspense! And I was lucky I didn't bother with cash flow!!! :L I did farm and ratios!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

Think i could leave out tabular? I haver everything bar it and ratios covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

Anybody think club could be on the paper this year,even though it was asked as a 100 mark last year?

Think i could leave out tabular? I haver everything bar it and ratios covered?
    Probably as it was asked as a 100 marker last year,if it came up this year it would probably be on as a 60..

lauz94 wrote: »
    Anybody think club could be on the paper this year,even though it was asked as a 100 mark last year?

i do because the majority of people will leave it out! and wouldnt it be the biggest susprise ever! It will only be a 60m though because people scored very highly in it last year like tabs.

i do because the majority of people will leave it out! and wouldnt it be the biggest susprise ever! It will only be a 60m though because people scored very highly in it last year like tabs.
    It would,will look over it after I look over service firms now :)

Probably as it was asked as a 100 marker last year,if it came up this year it would probably be on as a 60..

Thanks what I thought too :) Our school does Q1s so I should be grand.

It would,will look over it after I look over service firms now :)

Sure aren't club and service very similar? I can't remember ever doing one? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7 scmc

Bit worried about the amount of people predicting farm accounts. My teacher said they definately wouldn't come up because it gives an unfair advantage to students from the country so I completely left it out..

Also does anyone think there's a chance of either manufacturing or departmental accounts coming up for Q1?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dancing93

Hi
    Can someone please tell me how I get the figures in the revaluation reserve account? I can't work it out at all and I'm hoping for this question to come up because I find it really easy other than that bit. Thanks

• Advertisement

dancing93 wrote: »
    Hi
    Can someone please tell me how I get the figures in the revaluation reserve account? I can't work it out at all and I'm hoping for this question to come up because I find it really easy other than that bit. Thanks

For revaluation reserve or revenue reserve? For the cr side of the revaluation account its just the double entry from the other accounts. If you're looking for the revenue reserve, check a few threads ago. I've a big post up there for it! I can't link it to you until later but I'll see what I can do until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Why are people certain that Company A/C will come up in the Q.1? I'm sure its going to be sole trader! :S

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dancing93

ChemHickey wrote: »
    dancing93 wrote: »
    Hi

For revaluation reserve or revenue reserve? For the cr side of the revaluation account its just the double entry from the other accounts. If you're looking for the revenue reserve, check a few threads ago. I've a big post up there for it! I can't link it to you until later but I'll see what I can do until then.

I meant revenue reserve, sorry. I can't find that post, of you could please link it to me when you get a chance that'd be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stapler10

hey do ya reckon that this would be enough to get me by

Section 1
    -Company

Section 2
    -Suspense
    -Interpretation (shareholders)
    -Cash Flow
    -Published
    -Incomplete (backwards and forwards)

Section 3
    -Cash budgets
    -might look over a bit of costing

As long as Departmental, 100m farm or 100m tabular don't come up.. I'll be ok :)

As long as Departmental, 100m farm or 100m tabular don't come up.. I'll be ok :)

i can garantee a tab 100 wont be up! It was the highest scoring section on last years paper!.

i can garantee a tab 100 wont be up! It was the highest scoring section on last years paper!.

That is the best news I've heard all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SuchGold

Are people gonna write headings in red or should we just write it all in blue/black.
    Also whats with the ruled paper? do we have to use them or can we rule them ourselves before the exam?

SuchGold wrote: »
    Are people gonna write headings in red or should we just write it all in blue/black.
    Also whats with the ruled paper? do we have to use them or can we rule them ourselves before the exam?

you should just write in the same coulour throughout changing pens wastes time. I'm using pencil whick is a lot quicker if you make mistake. You can use the normal paper if you want just say it to them at the start theres no problem!

• Advertisement

WAIT... What do you mean about the lined paper? I thought we just got the normal booklets?

Advertisement