Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Accounting...Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

WAIT... What do you mean about the lined paper? I thought we just got the normal booklets?

you get a choice, theyll usually ask all those sitting in the room what paper they prefer thats what happened last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

As long as Departmental, 100m farm or 100m tabular don't come up.. I'll be ok :)

They are the 2 Easiest 100 markers in my op
    WAIT... What do you mean about the lined paper? I thought we just got the normal booklets?

As Sunny!! said it is your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

padocon wrote: »
    They are the 2 Easiest 100 markers in my op

As Sunny!! said it is your choice.
    Sunny!! wrote: »
    you get a choice, theyll usually ask all those sitting in the room what paper they prefer thats what happened last year

Yeah, but I wasn't even aware we could get other paper. :o
    Also, tabular is easy.. I just haven't done them since last year :/:)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Duffman K

This is the one exam I am dreading most, exaggeration aside, if a cash flow statement doesnt come up as a 100 marker, I will probably fail.

The only Q1 i can sort of do is company, very worried:(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

With the question 1's, if you get a working wrong and that figure is ultimately wrong in the P+L or Balance sheet or both will that mean that figure is 0 marks or will there be attempt marks? Also, if the balance sheet doesn't balance is a lot of marks lost? (I had a poo teacher and she never explained how it works:o)

• Advertisement

smithy77 wrote: »
    With the question 1's, if you get a working wrong and that figure is ultimately wrong in the P+L or Balance sheet or both will that mean that figure is 0 marks or will there be attempt marks? Also, if the balance sheet doesn't balance is a lot of marks lost? (I had a poo teacher and she never explained how it works:o)

There will be marks assigned for workings and steps in the workings- so if you forget to do a small thing you may lose one mark or more. Then, for totals there will be a few marks going for the final balances.. very minimal though :)

There will be marks assigned for workings and steps in the workings- so if you forget to do a small thing you may lose one mark or more. Then, for totals there will be a few marks going for the final balances.. very minimal though :)

Ah thanks, so in other words if a figure is 7 marks for example but in say the Suspense working you had the right idea but wrong figure could I get 3/7 marks or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

worst thing about accounting is if you don't know it you're screwed, there's no bulshítting or rot that might get you through it..

Ah thanks, so in other words if a figure is 7 marks for example but in say the Suspense working you had the right idea but wrong figure could I get 3/7 marks or whatever?

you'll get marks for each correct step you take :)

So if the total marks it is worth is 4 and you're asked to debit 500, credit 500. but you only do one then you'll most likely get half marks as you did half right :)

you'll get marks for each correct step you take :)

So if the total marks it is worth is 4 and you're asked to debit 500, credit 500. but you only do one then you'll most likely get half marks as you did half right :)

Ah i understand now, there could be hope for me yet:p thanks!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

Would it be TOO ridiculous for manufacturing accounts to come up? I know its possible, but would that just be too mean, even for SEC?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

treely wrote: »
    Would it be TOO ridiculous for manufacturing accounts to come up? I know its possible, but would that just be too mean, even for SEC?
    There would be absolute anarchy

• Registered Users Posts: 31 moll_bangers

Wow wow wow what are departmental accounts!? I thought q 1 was only sole traders, company and manufacturing accounts!!! Omg panick attack!!:O

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yeahhhbuddy

I would legit cry if manufacturing came up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Yeovil247

For anyone who's really cramming at this stage. This is my opinion of what will come up:

Q1)Company
    Q2)Q3)Q4) Don't care.. sorry
    Q5)Ratios. State of affairs one.
    Q6)Q7) Suspense & Published/Service Firm
    Q9)Half Production and Cash/ Flexible

Really hope they come up. Dreading Q1 being a manufacturing or Q6 being a farm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

So would I, but there would be uproar and they'd prob just change the marking scheme if no one answered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

that was me last year when manufacturing came up. i was like, might as well just leave the exam now when i opened the paper..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Yeovil247 wrote: »
    For anyone who's really cramming at this stage. This is my opinion of what will come up:

Q1)Company
    Q2)Q3)Q4) Don't care.. sorry
    Q5)Ratios. State of affairs one.
    Q6)Q7) Suspense & Published/Service Firm
    Q9)Half Production and Cash/ Flexible

Really hope they come up. Dreading Q1 being a manufacturing or Q6 being a farm.

Thanks, hope service firm comes up it's easy enough like. And the half and half q9 is class

ive only company and ratios revised so far:(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭emmamurphy233

Anyone else thinking service firm for 60 mark question? It's only been asked twice since 2000 and it's different to the long one so they'd probably think it'd catch people out.
    In my opinion,
    2. Revaluation
    3. Service
    4. Suspense
    5. Debenture holders and a tricky part c
    6. Published
    7. Cash flow
    9. Production and cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 dancing93

Is anyone leaving out incomplete records? I think I'm going to leave them out but I've already left out suspense and debtors and creditors control accounts (I do the 60mark questions) is it a bit risky?

dancing93 wrote: »
    Is anyone leaving out incomplete records? I think I'm going to leave them out but I've already left out suspense and debtors and creditors control accounts (I do the 60mark questions) is it a bit risky?
    Leaving out suspense is quite risky. I'd say have a look over incomplete A just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dancing93

Leaving out suspense is quite risky. I'd say have a look over incomplete A just incase.
    I always mess up suspense accounts really bad so I think I'm better off leaving it out! I think it's going to be an all-nighter! Lol

I always mess up suspense accounts really bad so I think I'm better off leaving it out! I think it's going to be an all-nighter! Lol
    Same here. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 Nicpp

Lads I've literally just decided i'm not cut out for higher level and have dropped to ordinary .... help! I've no idea whats due to come up? and does anyone know how much easier ordinary is? Seems do-able but i'm having second thoughts already ...?

How long do you reckon it would take to revise question 8 stuff? I'd much rather do question 8 but our teacher didn't really do it with us, just spent a week on it and I was out for 3 of the classes because I was sick. I did find it quite easy even doing it by myself and less time consuming than budgeting. Anyway long story short, how long would I need?

How long do you reckon it would take to revise question 8 stuff? I'd much rather do question 8 but our teacher didn't really do it with us, just spent a week on it and I was out for 3 of the classes because I was sick. I did find it quite easy even doing it by myself and less time consuming than budgeting. Anyway long story short, how long would I need?

I did 2 whole job costing questions there took 10 minutes each and I know them relatively well now. Stock valuation questions don't take long 1 learn either. Product costing haven't looked at yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Choosing accountancy as a subject was the worst choice i´ve ever made, in my life. Clueless at it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yeahhhbuddy

Safe with suspense, incomplete records, ratios and published for section 2?....I sincerely hope so...

• Advertisement

I did 2 whole job costing questions there took 10 minutes each and I know them relatively well now. Stock valuation questions don't take long 1 learn either. Product costing haven't looked at yet.
    Hmm. Thanks. I think I'll do it. :)

Advertisement