Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Cancellation

Options
  • 12-06-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm here as a last resort. Today I failed to get the 1901 number to co-operate and I can't find an email address that's relevant to my query.

I recently moved out and have been trying to clear my bill and transfer account or cancel my phone line. I rang the 1901 number last week and eventually got through to the correct person. I was told that I couldn't transfer my account to the new tenant unless I had a contact number for them so that the Eircom staff member could ring them and confirm same while I was put on hold. Since this was not possible I asked could I just cancel my account. I was told that if I did this the new tenants would be liable for re-connection charges, so I'd need to contact the new tenants and get them to contact Eircom to see what they wanted to do.
    I was also told that a final bill would issue to me so I could settle my account. I asked where the bill would issue to and I was told that it would go to my old address. I pointed out that I no longer lived there, but I was told to ring back with my new address once I'd sorted out what the new tenants wanted to do.

I finally got to speak to the new tenants and they're not interested in keeping the line connected, so I tried ringing the 1901 number today to get the line cancelled, but once the automated service decided I was enquiring about a fault I seemed to have entered a voice-activated dead-end, twice.

This evening I logged onto myEircom to try and pay my bill but it appears that the line has already been cancelled and I'm not permitted to view or pay my bill.

Is it possible that someone can email my bill to me?
    How do I go about paying the bill once it's issued.

Sorry for the long-winded post, I just want to provide as much information as possible seeing as this has already proven to be far more difficult than it should be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

I'm here as a last resort. Today I failed to get the 1901 number to co-operate and I can't find an email address that's relevant to my query.

I recently moved out and have been trying to clear my bill and transfer account or cancel my phone line. I rang the 1901 number last week and eventually got through to the correct person. I was told that I couldn't transfer my account to the new tenant unless I had a contact number for them so that the Eircom staff member could ring them and confirm same while I was put on hold. Since this was not possible I asked could I just cancel my account. I was told that if I did this the new tenants would be liable for re-connection charges, so I'd need to contact the new tenants and get them to contact Eircom to see what they wanted to do.
    I was also told that a final bill would issue to me so I could settle my account. I asked where the bill would issue to and I was told that it would go to my old address. I pointed out that I no longer lived there, but I was told to ring back with my new address once I'd sorted out what the new tenants wanted to do.

I finally got to speak to the new tenants and they're not interested in keeping the line connected, so I tried ringing the 1901 number today to get the line cancelled, but once the automated service decided I was enquiring about a fault I seemed to have entered a voice-activated dead-end, twice.

This evening I logged onto myEircom to try and pay my bill but it appears that the line has already been cancelled and I'm not permitted to view or pay my bill.

Is it possible that someone can email my bill to me?
    How do I go about paying the bill once it's issued.

Sorry for the long-winded post, I just want to provide as much information as possible seeing as this has already proven to be far more difficult than it should be.

Hi petecourtney,

Sorry to hear about the problems you have had to date. Can you PM me with your old account number and the address you are moving into and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4 petecourtney

Thanks for your help Mark, I've PM'd you my account number and email address.

Thanks for your help Mark, I've PM'd you my account number and email address.

Hi Peter.

The final bill can not be issued until the account has been cancelled. Can I get the new address you are moving to.

As there is a set process when customers are moving (ceasing) the old account and setting up a new account with eircom at the new address.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Peter.

The final bill can not be issued until the account has been cancelled. Can I get the new address you are moving to.

As there is a set process when customers are moving (ceasing) the old account and setting up a new account with eircom at the new address.

Thanks, Mark
    I'm not moving the account. I don't want to set up a new account at a new address. I'm trying to cancel my account and pay the outstanding balance. Has the account not been cancelled? I can't access the bill in 'myEircom'.

I'm not moving the account. I don't want to set up a new account at a new address. I'm trying to cancel my account and pay the outstanding balance. Has the account not been cancelled? I can't access the bill in 'myEircom'.

Hi Peter,

eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. We require customers to contact our service team on 1800 242 633 or 1901. Who will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department.

eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days after receipt.

I know this process seems a little complicated but this way there should be two records of the customers call to cancel the account as well as the e-mail or letter they subsequently send in. Also the customer may need to be advised of any possible contract cancellation charges.

So should you ever need to enquire about the request we have a few options to track it from the the first call.

Once the account has been cancelled eircom will send a final bill only charge to the date the account was ceased.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help Mark. I'll try the phone numbers again and hopefully I'll have better luck. The slightest background noise seems to activate the menu system so I just gave up on it last time.

I still can't access or pay the bill in myEircom btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Thanks for the help Mark. I'll try the phone numbers again and hopefully I'll have better luck. The slightest background noise seems to activate the menu system so I just gave up on it last time.

I still can't access or pay the bill in myEircom btw.

Hi petecourtney,

Did you get this resolved in the end? If not let us know today and we'll chase it for you. Cancellations open from 9am to 5pm. Get back to me if you need any further help

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ciara.alex

I have been trying to cancel my late mother in laws account but i am unable to get thru on 1901.
    Is there an e-mail address i can send the cancellation to ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

ciara.alex wrote: »
    I have been trying to cancel my late mother in laws account but i am unable to get thru on 1901.
    Is there an e-mail address i can send the cancellation to ?

Hi ciara.alex,

eircom require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. We require customers to contact our service team on 1800 242 633 or 1901 between the hours of 9am and 5pm. They will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellations department.
    Cancellations will then take a record of your intention to cease and give you the appropriate e-mail address and/or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to ensure the cancellation order has been processed.

Regards,

James

Advertisement