Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's my car worth please??

Options
  • 12-06-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm just wondering what's my car worth, I know it might'n be a fancy make, but it is a nice car. It has a lot of extras, it has a years nct on it, and taxed till this month, Can Anyone give me a idea what it's worth please? these are the extras,
    Alarm

ABS

Remote central locking

Power steering

Ajustable steering wheel/multi function

Ajustable driver seat

Digital climate control

On board computer

Full leather interior

Four electric windows

Heated front seats

Heated mirrors

Electric mirrors

4 cd changer

side airbags/ passenger and driver airbags

Xenon headlights

fog lights

walnut trim

Opel Alloys

Armrests

Four good tyres
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

****, I didn't cover this.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

wrong forum ....

1,300 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Moved to the motors forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Achilles27

sorry people i'm new here and I haven't gotten used to it yet, how can I move it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Achilles27 wrote: »
    sorry people i'm new here and I haven't gotten used to it yet, how can I move it?

Start the engine,, Press the clutch and engage first gear.. Slowly release the clutch while pressing lightly on the accelarator pedal and releasing the handbrake.
    That should make it move :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

It's worth what someone is willing/able to pay for it, which when it comes to cars is not a lot these days.

vectra wrote: »
    Start the engine,, Press the clutch and engage first gear.. Slowly release the clutch while pressing lightly on the accelarator pedal and releasing the handbrake.
    That should make it move :D

:D:D:D:D funny, I had this thread posted in the wrong forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭irishbucka

id say if you went to a garage and asked for windscreen wiper for your car, the person would reply and say ok that seems like a fair exchange lol. thats what its worth

The Muppet wrote: »
    It's worth what someone is willing/able to pay for it, which when it comes to cars is not a lot these days.

Yeah I know what you mean, that's why I asked, I'm trying to sell it, and I just want to have a realistic price on it..

irishbucka wrote: »
    id say if you went to a garage and asked for windscreen wiper for your car, the person would reply and say ok that seems like a fair exchange lol. thats what its worth

Really, good man yourself....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

1200~1300

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Worth very little until you remove those silly Man Utd mats.

vectra wrote: »
    1200~1300

thanks..

Worth very little until you remove those silly Man Utd mats.

Another funny guy hey, another wannabe comedian..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You left out the important bits:

mileage,
    engine size,
    fuel type,
    service history/timing belt changed,

The extras are nice to have but the above will determin the value more than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

See if you can find a similar car for sale on donedeal or carzone to help give you an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

If we tell ya what we think it might be worth does that count as a bid for the car?:D

Seriously tho as some1 else said you left out the important bits like mileage and stuff, but if its decent id say ud get about 1000 - 1200 for it.

bazz26 wrote: »

mileage,
    engine size,
    fuel type,

Petrol anyway, redline at 6000rpm...

208663.JPG

You'd struggle to get a grand for that I'd say OP regardless of the mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Achilles27 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what's my car worth, I know it might'n be a fancy make, but it is a nice car. It has a lot of extras, it has a years nct on it, and taxed till this month, Can Anyone give me a idea what it's worth please? these are the extras,
    Alarm

ABS

Remote central locking

Power steering

Ajustable steering wheel/multi function

Ajustable driver seat

Digital climate control

On board computer

Full leather interior

Four electric windows

Heated front seats

Heated mirrors

Electric mirrors

4 cd changer

side airbags/ passenger and driver airbags

Xenon headlights

fog lights

walnut trim

Opel Alloys

Armrests

Four good tyres

Those are not really extras. They are pretty much standard things for cars since probably nineties.

Other extras that are actual extras won't really increase the price of the car by much but will definitely help to sell it quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

700 if your lucky. Its 12 years old. Next year will probley be its last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

This thread makes me sad for my 2002 1.4 petrol Octavia, gonna really struggle to get over €1200 for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    This thread makes me sad for my 2002 1.4 petrol Octavia, gonna really struggle to get over €1200 for it :(

....but you're gonna be driving and owning a VW GTI at some stage so like who cares?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

500-700 max, it will be 13 years old in 6 months time:eek:.these cars did have some niggling issues...........;). you should keep it for another year or two,then sell it for scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

but43r wrote: »
    Those are not really extras. They are pretty much standard things for cars since probably nineties.

Other extras that are actual extras won't really increase the price of the car by much but will definitely help to sell it quicker.

I would definitely include electric mirrors and multifunction steering wheel as extras. This is Ireland after all..

But yes, they only help sell the car.

mileage,
    engine size,
    fuel type,

The extras are nice to have but the above will determin the value more than them.

Mileage - 128,000 mls
    engine - 1.8 petrol :( ( thou I don't find it really hard on petrol)
    Service- it just had a full service a matter of weeks ago
    timing belt- done at 110,000 mls,

The only reason I'm trying to sell it is because I want to buy a audi A4, only for that I'd be keeping it, as it's been a realiable car, never gave any trouble. Thanks for all your input thou people...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I had one of them but not with that spec. Found the 1.8 litre to be heavy on petrol and wasn't the most reliable car for me. You seem to have been luckier.

1.8 litre tax will put a few folks off, this being Ireland. I reckon you will get around €1k for it so if you are not in a hurry to sell it you could start off at asking around €1300 and gauge interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

RoverJames wrote: »
    Petrol anyway, redline at 6000rpm...

That doesn't mean it's petrol. I've seen petrol cars in auctions with diesel dashes and vice versa.

A quick check says it's petrol though...
    Description: Opel Vectra DX X1.8xe
    Body Type: Saloon
    Colour: Silver
    Fuel Type: Petrol
    Transmission: Manual

Having said that though the OP has kindly provided us with the engine anyway :)

OP I'm finding similar specced cars in the same year with varying mileages taxed and tested from €400 onwards. Petrol and the tax are driving that price down.

If I were you, clean the car up well, take out anything that isn't associated with the car (mats spring to mind) ask €600 and work from there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

If someone offers you €700 for it, take their arm off.

I had one of them but not with that spec. Found the 1.8 litre to be heavy on petrol and wasn't the most reliable car for me. You seem to have been luckier.

1.8 litre tax will put a few folks off, this being Ireland. I reckon you will get around €1k for it so if you are not in a hurry to sell it you could start off at asking around €1300 and gauge interest.

No I've never had any major problems with it, the most I had to spend on it was for spraying on the bottom doors, which I think they are prone to, as I've seen a few with spots of rust on the bottom of the doors to, but apart from servicing it, never had and engine troubles. No I'm not in a hurry selling it, as I'm looking for a audi A4 a decent one and I can't lay my hands on one I like just yet, so I'm just seeing what I could ask for it, I was thinking around 1300 ono, and it'd give me room to drop.

I find it easier on petrol when I'm motorway driving or that, I mean I can get from kildare to cork and half way back again for 30 euros, so I don't find it a real thirsty one. Thanks thou...

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    That doesn't mean it's petrol. I've seen petrol cars in auctions with diesel dashes

..... 99.99 percent of cars have their original dash.

Advertisement