Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realistic First person shoter

Options
  • 12-06-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a realistic first person shooter for pc.

what i would like is up to 64 players.or more
    Large maps.
    When you get shot you fall to the ground ,if you get shot in the hand , you drop your gun. (get shot in the leg , you cant walk.)

Bullet drop

Until you get a health pack , and your still limping.

No regenerating of health

Anybody know a good game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Give the Arma 2 mod DayZ a go. You even have to drink water and eat, stay warm or you'll catch a cold and have lots more real life items to use. It's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Wow! I think you're asking too much :pac: Only game I could think of close to that is Battlefied 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

o1s1n wrote: »
    Give the Arma 2 mod DayZ a go. You even have to drink water and eat, stay warm or you'll catch a cold and have lots more real life items to use. It's fantastic.
    I bought Arma 2 expantion about last year , unfortually , it never work well on pc. I got a new pc there last week , should go back to it

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Arma 2 is a bit of a system hog, but if you play around with the advanced settings you can get it working well. Disabling the motion blur and post processing effects helps a lot.

I'm also using a program called Ramdisk and store some of the Arma 2 main files in RAM - making them quicker to access and results in the game running much better.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What about Red Orchestra 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

What about Red Orchestra 2?
    play it , always thought ro1 was better

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Some of the mods for BF2 are quite good, forgotten hope and project reality in particular are realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Modern Warfare 2, its just like real life. :pac:

thats a lot to ask from a game though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Try operation flashpoint red river.

Get shot in the hand and your aim gets effected, you need to bandage yourself stopping the bleeding to bring back to norm. Get shot in the leg and you move slower.

Squad based with a helluva lot of commands so you really need to assign roles and stick to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Arma 2 is perfect.

lol@ op flash red river :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

hightower1 wrote: »
    Try operation flashpoint red river.

OFP's last two iterations are nothing but ****

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BranDEAD

I tought ARMA 2 was realistic enough but unless you have a decent system its not goning to run half decent :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

BranDEAD wrote: »
    I tought ARMA 2 was realistic enough but unless you have a decent system its not goning to run half decent :/

ArmA 1 then :p

yeah arma 1 is waaaay outdated in 2012 lol , i would say sniper 2 is a good game to play if your looking for realistic gameplay , and it runs well on most systems

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Nickco

Played a demo of that Sniper 2 game, I agree that its realistic but I don't think its very fun, might give it a rent to prove that theory.

What about America's Army 3? It's free on Steam and its pretty good.

EDIT: Actually I don't see why you wouldn't like it. I havent played it in a year or so but I do remember getting shot in the leg and crawling my way back to cover a lot :P

What about America's Army 3? It's free on Steam and its pretty good.

EDIT: Actually I don't see why you wouldn't like it. I havent played it in a year or so but I do remember getting shot in the leg and crawling my way back to cover a lot :P

Its Free ?? u got a link :D

BranDEAD wrote: »
    Its Free ?? u got a link :D

Here ya go :)

Advertisement