Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harry Redknapp has left Spurs... AVB next?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

If Moyes leaves Everton could be in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Right move for Spurs if it is a strategic decision. Redknapp doesn't have the tactical nous to take them to the next level.

Who are the early favourites do you reckon?

HUH

what's the next level? conquer the woreld?:eek:

They're up as far as it's going to go. unless they find oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Had to laugh at this tweet :pac:
    @BeardedGenius
    Car windows at half-mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I think Moyles is the favorite already

Surely not ;)

chris-moyles-pic-twitter-5765803761.jpg

:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

ntlbell wrote: »
    HUH

what's the next level? conquer the woreld?:eek:

They're up as far as it's going to go. unless they find oil.

Consistently be a top 4 team and not have spectacular collapses in the second half of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sad For Harry, but at least he'll get a £3m payoff, which after tax will be £3m.

Stolen from Twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Spurs fans, Moyes or Rafa?

It would be Moyes for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Moyes for me. Always liked him, and think he's done a good job at Everton with what he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

RasTa wrote: »
    Spurs fans, Moyes or Rafa?

It would be Moyes for me

that is mental.

One is a champions league, Uefa Cup, La Liga winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Stolen.
    Rosie, HarryRedknapp's dog, has reportedly made 1.7m after winning a 14/1 bet on Redknapp's resignation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Moyes over Rafa? Good lol at that one. I don't get the Moyes hype at all. He's done well with Everton but I've seen very little from him that make me think he's better then Harry. In fact he seems very similar, good manager who has serious limitations when it comes to pushing on. The fact Moyes still hasn't figured out how to stop his team starting the season so poorly would is a big negative against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

that is mental.

The other is an 8 times Premier League Manager of the Month winner :cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I think Rafa would be a perfect fit for spurs, can totally see it happening

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be happy with Rafa as well, as he is a great manager.

I just prefer Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

that is mental.

Look at the money he spent at Liverpool! Moyes has done very well with the limitations he has had.

IMO I'm not sure the post will go to either of these two. Could go to a manager currently involved in the euros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Moyes over Rafa? Good lol at that one. I don't get the Moyes hype at all. He's done well with Spurs but I've seen very little from him that make me think he's better then Harry. In fact he seems very similar, good manager who has serious limitations when it comes to pushing on. The fact Moyes still hasn't figured out how to stop his team starting the season so poorly would is a big negative against him.

Chucky, are there flying cars in your future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

that is mental.

8 years ago now isn't it? What he did at Inter and the state he left Liverpool in would enough for me to give Moyes the nod for this role. There would be too much pressure on Rafa if he doesn't get the right start, same as Inter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Louis Van Gaal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

What a start for RDM at Chelsea - he's only gone and got 'Arry sacked

What a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Martinez :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

RasTa wrote: »
    8 years ago now isn't it?

3/4 since finishing runner up with a record points total for Liverpool. How long since Moyes did anything of note? :confused:
    RasTa wrote:
    What he did at Inter

Signed no players. Started really well. Injury crisis. Did ****e for a couple of months (still winning the World Club Championships). Publically said Moratti needed to invest in side. Moratti then sacked him against the wishes of the fans who understood that changes were needed & Inter have subsequently struggled worse than when he was there since with their numerous managers.
    RasTa wrote:
    and the state he left Liverpool in would enough for me to give Moyes the nod for this role.

Only a retard would try & pin the blame for Liverpool on Rafa Benitez. He is the reason we remained as competitive for as long as we did under one of the worst ownerships seen in English football.

Even the majority of fans who wanted Rafa gone in his final season have subsequently realised how wrong & stupid they were.
    RasTa wrote:
    There would be too much pressure on Rafa if he doesn't get the right start, same as Inter.

Just needs a strong chairman who would ignore the media & back the manager.

Honestly, anyone who think David Moyes would be a preferable choice over Rafa Benitez needs their head examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Rafa would lose the dressing room inside the first month. Would be interesting to see how it works out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Moyes would be a great appointment, dunno if he would be interested though because he's very attached to Everton although he would be tempted by the prospect of having a decent transfer kitty to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Moyes and rafa, no thank you. Don't know who would be a good fit. Harry couldn't take spurs to the next level but moyes and rafa won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I don't like rafa but to compare moyes to him is laugh able, never mind the chumps league rafa won the Spanish league and it wasn't with barca or Madrid, that says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This has come at a bad time for both Spurs and Arry.
    If they done this sooner they could have got Brendan Rodgers.
    And Arry could have been considered for Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

GSPfan wrote: »
    This has come at a bad time for both Spurs and Arry.
    If they done this sooner they could have got Brendan Rodgers.
    And Arry could have been considered for Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa.
    So in other words, it's come at a good time for Chelsea, Liverpool and Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mick McCarthy is available, deserves his chance at top club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Serie-A-Atalanta-Luigi-Del-Neri_1402000.jpg
    Or Cappello

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Gonna give it a wild guess and say Andre Villa Boas for the job. Cant see David Moyes in charge of Spurs. Such a step sideways. Get someone young in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Van Gaal is a possibility, Martinez maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

GSPfan wrote: »
    Gonna give it a wild guess and say Andre Villa Boas for the job. Cant see David Moyes in charge of Spurs. Such a step sideways. Get someone young in.

Moyes is favourite with the bookies and it would be a step up for him IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

All summer there has been a lot of talk that Levy was firing Harry and waiting for Blanc to finish up at Euro 2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

AVB could do well at spurs. I'm suprised Harrys gone though !

Barr wrote: »
    AVB could do well at spurs. I'm suprised Harrys gone though !
    I'm not he hired the same guy Rooney hired to get him a new contract, then the media started going mad the day after Levy's Mother passed away.

He overplayed his hand and lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT
    It is my understanding Spurs maay have already met with David Moyes today and that Moyes compensation has been agreed with Everton FC

Paul Tyrrell ‏@TyrrellPaul
    @Moose_talkSPORT this is an absolute lie Ian. I expected better from you. If you repeat it, you can expect legal action from EFC.

I withdraw the comments about David Moyes I made a short while ago leaving Everton for Spurs @TyrrellPaul

Paul Tyrrell is the Director of Communications at Everton.

It is my understanding Spurs maay have already met with David Moyes today and that Moyes compensation has been agreed with Everton FC

Paul Tyrrell ‏@TyrrellPaul
    @Moose_talkSPORT this is an absolute lie Ian. I expected better from you. If you repeat it, you can expect legal action from EFC.

I withdraw the comments about David Moyes I made a short while ago leaving Everton for Spurs @TyrrellPaul

Paul Tyrrell is the Director of Communications at Everton.
    Fair play to Tyrell right way to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

guardian running with 'arry gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Arry throws his toys out of the pram as he was overlooked for the English job. Arry grand for a quick fix but nothing longterm with the guy bar bankruptcy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18436663

Harry Redknapp leaves Tottenham Hotspur manager's job
    Harry Redknapp has left Tottenham after almost four years in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Predictable really. It was a taxing job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rafa @ 12/1....what odds on getting Klinsmann to get on a plane from the States?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I wonder who wrote the resignation letter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

This is surely a huge loss for Spurs. Harry has done really well over the last few seasons. I think they are maybe at risk of losing Modric and Bale. Redknapp could have walked over losing players and little money to spend.
    I think he said a few weeks ago that Champions League football was not everything. Wonder did this cost him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Levy was angry at the collapse in form, by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

i feel genuinely sorry for 'Arry. Really do.

He took over Spurs bottom of the league and led them to 8th, 4th, 5th, 4th. And they play really good football. Ok he's had a lot of money but so have City, United and Chelsea etc.

You could see on his face during his Euro 2012 stint on BBC that he was GUTTED over the england job. Now he has no Spurs job, no England job and really the only way he can go now is down (if he wants to continue in management, which i presume he does). None of the top jobs are available, best case would be a swap with Moyes to Everton.

It's all terribly sad really. Daniel Levy would have bitten his hand off start of season with 4th place. Yet the manner of the way they achieved it cost him in the end. Weird really.

Good luck 'Arry. Just please God dont end up on Sky beside Jamie cant bare any more t'rrific or 'top man' every 2 seconds! 1 Redknapp is enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Just hope he puts the Compo in his own account and not his cats account in Geneva!!! "Top Cat 47" lodgement of £2 million cheers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

i feel genuinely sorry for 'Arry. Really do.

That makes one of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I no longer have to hate Spurs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Mr Alan wrote: »

Signed no players. Started really well. Injury crisis. Did ****e for a couple of months (still winning the World Club Championships). Publically said Moratti needed to invest in side. Moratti then sacked him against the wishes of the fans who understood that changes were needed & Inter have subsequently struggled worse than when he was there since with their numerous managers.

Inter fans HATED Rafa, they were baying for his blood by the middle of october and most of them were appalled he was ever given the job ahead of Leonardo who was their first choice.

Rafa was **** with Inter, he made insane "tactical" decisions and alienated senior players in the first team within a few months of taking over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement