Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harry Redknapp has left Spurs... AVB next?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

Seaneh wrote: »
    Inter fans HATED Rafa, they were baying for his blood by the middle of october and most of them were appalled he was ever given the job ahead of Leonardo who was their first choice.

Rafa was **** with Inter, he made insane "tactical" decisions and alienated senior players in the first team within a few months of taking over.

Mr Alan sprob has a Rafa shrine at his gaff id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mr Alan wrote: »
    3/4 since finishing runner up with a record points total for Liverpool. How long since Moyes did anything of note? :confused:

Signed no players. Started really well. Injury crisis. Did ****e for a couple of months (still winning the World Club Championships). Publically said Moratti needed to invest in side. Moratti then sacked him against the wishes of the fans who understood that changes were needed & Inter have subsequently struggled worse than when he was there since with their numerous managers.

Only a retard would try & pin the blame for Liverpool on Rafa Benitez. He is the reason we remained as competitive for as long as we did under one of the worst ownerships seen in English football.

Honestly, anyone who think David Moyes would be a preferable choice over Rafa Benitez needs their head examined.

Well I'd have Moyes over Rodgers anyway but that's a different debate.

Compare the spend of Moyes over the past 5 years(£5 million spent in 5 years btw) and I'm pretty sure they finished above Liverpool last season no?

Seanah the Italian football man has already pointed out how hated Rafa was at Inter and it was nothing to do with running of the club as you like to point out in defense of how he left Liverpool.

Rafa's glory days are over who cares if he finished 2nd 4 years ago, he still won nothing and that's the last thing of note he had achieved, he is a similar gamble to Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

RasTa wrote: »

Rafa's glory days are over who cares if he finished 2nd 4 years ago, he still won nothing and that's the last thing of note he had achieved, he is a similar gamble to Moyes.
    I could have sworn he won a European cup and an fa cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Three years ago, but you knew that.

David Moyes is surely the most highly regarded manager never to win a major trophy. I'd suggest that the fact he has never been approached for a major job during his time at Everton as instructive, but I guess the absence of a track record allows people to project whatever they like as his potential abity.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

David Moyes is surely the most highly regarded manager never to win a major trophy.

Personally I think this is a good enough record to be given a chance at an almost major side considering how little he has spent.
    2006-07: 6th (Qualification for UEFA Cup)
    2007-08: 5th (Qualification for UEFA Cup)
    2008-09: 5th (Qualification for UEFA Europa League)
    2009-10: 8th
    2010-11: 7th
    2011-12: 7th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I dont think Moyes is exactly in the poor house and he has spent more than people realise

jelevic £6m
    heitega £6m
    Distan £4m
    bileyetdinov £6m
    Felleini £15m
    yakubu £11m
    baines £6m
    andy johnson £10m

plus the likes of lescott, jagielka, beatie, neville

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I dont think Moyes is exactly in the poor house and he has spent more than people realise

jelevic £6m
    heitega £6m
    Distan £4m
    bileyetdinov £6m
    Felleini £15m
    yakubu £11m
    baines £6m
    andy johnson £10m

A lot of good purchases there if the current ones were sold he would be in net profit for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

All summer there has been a lot of talk that Levy was firing Harry and waiting for Blanc to finish up at Euro 2012.

No there wasn't. There was talk that Harry was on a tightrope after his poor end to the season sure. But Laurent Blanc never came into the equation. He is being linked with top European sides, and in recent weeks his name cropped up for the United job. Which would take him to just after the world cup and his end of contract afaik, which would in theory sync with when Fergie might retire.

But considering the genuine interest he has received, Spurs was not on the cards.

I'm not he hired the same guy Rooney hired to get him a new contract, then the media started going mad the day after Levy's Mother passed away.

He overplayed his hand and lost.

Did you paste that from Twitter, cause that exact two sentences came up in my RSS feeds this morning :rolleyes:

And it was quickly rubbished by most of the reliables. The theory being he hired Rooneys agent to negotiate one big last contract. And it is a weak theory. Considering the end of season performance only a mad man would walk in to what were serious discussions over the teams and managers failings, and try haggle for a big improved contract.

I also read that Rooneys agent is on twitter, and completely bull**** stamped the reports he was involved. Must try have a nosey and find his account.

I think what simply happened was there was scheduled talks obviously due with regards to his contract. After the pretty epic fail of last season I'm pretty sure Levy might have looked at as " Done a great job, but probably gone as far as he can go" and taken the opportunity to move him on.

I would doubt any contract negotiations even took place, what I'm more interested in finding out, is during the week there was some reports of Modric agreeing personal terms with United and the last block being the trasnfer fee. Inevitably after yesterdays news this is going to get some serious traction, but I'm wondering if its possible that this was in anyway shape or form a potential reason for the parted ways, and who was falling on what side

Levy accepting Modric wants to go, or was Harry happy to get 25m for him to rejuv the squad?

jelevic £6m
    heitega £6m
    Distan £4m
    bileyetdinov £6m
    Felleini £15m
    yakubu £11m
    baines £6m
    andy johnson £10m

Your spot on, but the point to note is that he has never had a substantial amount of money to spend in one window. He has typically only had a small amount of cash to spend and makes typically 1-2 signings in the summer, and a decent January one.

The above were signed over what, 4, 5 seasons?

jelevic £6m
    heitega £6m
    Distan £4m
    bileyetdinov £6m
    Felleini £15m
    yakubu £11m
    baines £6m
    andy johnson £10m

Well it's a fact that his net spent is £5m over the past 5 seasons. Not sure how true it is but he has spent £150m in his 10 years at Everton.

Guardian saying
    Since coming to Goodison Park in March 2002, Moyes has spent an estimated £25.8m more than he has received in transfer fees – less than Kenny Dalglish has spent in eight months at Anfield. Liverpool's net outlay in that time has been £110.7m.

Time for him to step up if chosen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mr Alan sprob has a Rafa shrine at his gaff id say.

:pac:
    Hahahahahaaha

sprob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

But surely Spurs want someone who can keep them at their current level, and push on? Spurs play a much better brand than Everton, and there is no proof that Moyes could deal with the big names - Adebayor, VDV, Modric. He did make some very smart signings, thinking of Arteta, Felleini, Jagielka, Lescott and Baines. Is that enough?

Dickerty wrote: »
    But surely Spurs want someone who can keep them at their current level, and push on? Spurs play a much better brand than Everton, and there is no proof that Moyes could deal with the big names - Adebayor, VDV, Modric. He did make some very smart signings, thinking of Arteta, Felleini, Jagielka, Lescott and Baines. Is that enough?

Spurs main issue this season was not properly rotating the squad , squad management and dealing with player fatigue.

Harry kept playing his strongest 11 with little restbite and it was very evident their stars became jadded in the run in. It also became shockingly evident how tactless Redknapp is as a great article showed there just back in March ( must dig up link)

And some pretty "wat" signings and loans out in January left the squad bare.

Moyes might be able to better handle tactics and squad management, but someone like Benitez has experience in dealing with European and League responsibilities, how to build a squad for the demands and how to effectively manage a squad with said demands. EG. Training schedules, resting players, identifying good fringe/squad attributes in players.

Rafa has the better CV I'd think. I think it might be a decent project for AVB considering he might be given proper time, and there isn't a destructive chairman behind the scenes.

Personally, I think Moyes should hold off, there is every indication Spurs could wallow if their big names move on, and it could be a flash of 3-5 seasons of peak for Spurs. At Everton he knows atleast what he has and that he can push them on possibly.

If I was him I'd hold off until "The Most important United signing" , who will replace SAF. And its well known Fergie holds Moyes in the highest of regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

David Moyes is surely the most highly regarded manager never to win a major trophy. I'd suggest that the fact he has never been approached for a major job during his time at Everton as instructive, but I guess the absence of a track record allows people to project whatever they like as his potential abity.

Brendan Rodgers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Seaneh wrote: »
    Inter fans HATED Rafa, they were baying for his blood by the middle of october and most of them were appalled he was ever given the job ahead of Leonardo who was their first choice.

I could've sworn Inter were flying by the middle of October that season? :confused:

Also, were they not chanting "don't sack Rafa" or some such after his spat with Moratti? Pretty sure there was also a banner unfurled supporting Benitez?

Regardless of all that, surely the performance of the managers there have shown the issue was not with the manager?

Genuine question, has there ever been a manager with a record like Rafa who rival fans were so dismissive of? I can't think of one. As Roy Keane would say, "show us your medals", well Rafa's honours cannot be argued with by anyone other than those who are a tad soft in the head.

Really good points and interesting ones aswell from one of Football365's morning article.

Credit to Nick Miller.
    One of the problems is that the relationship between Levy and Redknapp was never supposed to last this long. He was appointed as a fire-fighter, as a man to get Spurs out of a massive hole, but the pesky old blighter spoiled things rather by doing too well. Talk of friction between the two men was too widespread for it just to be paper talk, especially when most of those papers loved Harry and kept criticism to a minimum.

Levy's critics will be long and loud in the coming days, and many will wonder what else he expects from a new manager. Third? A title challenge? Neither of those things will come without a significant strengthening of their squad, but Spurs have a new stadium to pay for. For now, the days of big cash-splashing are over at the Lane.

But Levy is planning for the long-term, and even Redknapp's staunchest defenders must admit that he does not do that. Observe his business in January - two injury-prone additions in the shape of Ryan Nelsen and Louis Saha indicated this was not a man planning for anything beyond the summer.

Redknapp may feel hard done to, and he may be justified. But this was a situation of his own doing.

Moyes has had a very low net spend, and has done well in the transfer market over the years. It seems foolish to argue to the contrary there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If it wasn't Harry, people would be sayong thay this sacking is a complete disgrace. Also, this talk of Harry not being able to take Spurs to the next level is pure sh!te. To even get fourth twice in three seasons is an amazing achievement. Considering that Spurs are a mile behind Man City, Man United, Chelsea and a few other teams, how exactly can Spurs "push on" from here?

Almost feel sorry for Harry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I no longer have to hate Spurs.

Don't worry, Spurs fans will soon change that

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Brendan Rodgers?

Well, he's a flavour of the month though isn't he? Unfortunately people will realise their folly in that regard fairly soon. :(

No, Moyes has consistently been lauded in the media and by general football fans over the past 10 years despite winning no trophies nor being seriously linked with a major job. I'm not saying that he will definitely fail at a bigger club mind (and I'd have been bizarrely happier with him being appointed to the Liverpool job than Rodgers), but in some respects he can do no wrong at Everton. He has the club set up to his liking, there is no weight of expectation from the fans, and very few major purchases with the consequent scrutiny and pressure such players entail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

This talk of Moyes being ready to takeover sounds like rubbish. He has always been a class act so its almost certain that he isn't going to go behind Everton's back to start talking to Daniel Levy of all people.

kryogen wrote: »
    Brendan Rodgers?

Well, he's a flavour of the month though isn't he? Unfortunately people will realise their folly in that regard fairly soon. :(

No, Moyes has consistently been lauded in the media and by general football fans over the past 10 years despite winning no trophies nor being seriously linked with a major job. I'm not saying that he will definitely fail at a bigger club mind (and I'd have been bizarrely happier with him being appointed to the Liverpool job than Rodgers), but in some respects he can do no wrong at Everton. He has the club set up to his liking, there is no weight of expectation from the fans, and very few major purchases with the consequent scrutiny and pressure such players entail.

That is why in a nutshell i think moyes needs a change, he has got to challenge himself again if he wants to get in contention for top jobs.

Fair point, but the media drooling and fans actually over Rodgers has been unreal, he wasnt even the most impressive manager of a promoted team last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i don't understand this reason of "needing to get to the next level" for this sacking. i'm no big fan of his but...

1. Redknapp had them 4th.

if Chelsea hadn't done their remarkable job in winning the CL, Harry will have got them to exactly where they wanted to be.

2. who can they definitely get that is better than Harry? i'm a fan of Moyes, but Harry's won more than him FFS....with Portsmouth.

3. and those dismissing Rafa are hilarious. i know he rubs people up the wrong way. i know some decisions can be baffling to you or I. but he has to be the one manager in the entire football world, who rival fans dismiss out of hand regardless of his achievements down the years.

it's absolutely incredible, and he would be an infinitely more secure signing for Spurs than Moyes. just like he would've been for Liverpool IMO. it doesn't mean Spurs shouldn't go down a route of getting someone with the potential to be great, rather than a prover winner; but dismissing Rafa as inferior to Moyes, is foolhardy in the extreme.

Benitez would be a perfect fit IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I could've sworn Inter were flying by the middle of October that season? :confused:

Also, were they not chanting "don't sack Rafa" or some such after his spat with Moratti? Pretty sure there was also a banner unfurled supporting Benitez?

Regardless of all that, surely the performance of the managers there have shown the issue was not with the manager?
    He was doing OK in the October but after that the results were awful. His biggest problem was his own issues with having replaced Mourinho, going as far as refusing to use the same formation that Mourinho used at one stage, and his public disliking of Mourinho didn't exactly get the fans on his side. There were very small sections who liked him but the majority wanted him gone.

Leonardo actually had a very good record during his time at Inter, I firmly believe that if he had been there from the start of the season Inter would have won the scudetto. Gasp was a huge mistake for both him and the club, Ranieri has a similar record to Rafa even though he set records for how badly the team were doing, the longest spell without scoring in the clubs history and I think the longest without a win. Strama has a better record but has just started, he has the team playing much better than Rafa did though. All of the managers who followed Rafa also had big injury problems to deal with too, so that excuse doesn't hold either.

I would take Moyes over Rafa myself, Moyes is a risk but I think he deserves a shot at job that is less restrictive than Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

TheDoc wrote: »
    No there wasn't. There was talk that Harry was on a tightrope after his poor end to the season sure. But Laurent Blanc never came into the equation. He is being linked with top European sides, and in recent weeks his name cropped up for the United job. Which would take him to just after the world cup and his end of contract afaik, which would in theory sync with when Fergie might retire.

But considering the genuine interest he has received, Spurs was not on the cards.

Did you paste that from Twitter, cause that exact two sentences came up in my RSS feeds this morning :rolleyes:

And it was quickly rubbished by most of the reliables. The theory being he hired Rooneys agent to negotiate one big last contract. And it is a weak theory. Considering the end of season performance only a mad man would walk in to what were serious discussions over the teams and managers failings, and try haggle for a big improved contract.

I also read that Rooneys agent is on twitter, and completely bull**** stamped the reports he was involved. Must try have a nosey and find his account.

I think what simply happened was there was scheduled talks obviously due with regards to his contract. After the pretty epic fail of last season I'm pretty sure Levy might have looked at as " Done a great job, but probably gone as far as he can go" and taken the opportunity to move him on.

I would doubt any contract negotiations even took place, what I'm more interested in finding out, is during the week there was some reports of Modric agreeing personal terms with United and the last block being the trasnfer fee. Inevitably after yesterdays news this is going to get some serious traction, but I'm wondering if its possible that this was in anyway shape or form a potential reason for the parted ways, and who was falling on what side

Levy accepting Modric wants to go, or was Harry happy to get 25m for him to rejuv the squad?
    First camefrom twitter second was my own I'm sorry I diidn't think it was a crime:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If it wasn't Harry, people would be sayong thay this sacking is a complete disgrace. Also, this talk of Harry not being able to take Spurs to the next level is pure sh!te. To even get fourth twice in three seasons is an amazing achievement. Considering that Spurs are a mile behind Man City, Man United, Chelsea and a few other teams, how exactly can Spurs "push on" from here?

Almost feel sorry for Harry.
    No, they wouldn't. This man was almost sent to prison a few months ago, he also disrupted our whole season by blabbing on about England, how do you think the players felt about that?

No, it's not. The players, and Harry himself, admits that he's more of a man manager, he instructs vdV to 'run around and do his stuff'.

Not in the EPL there's not, we have easily as good a squad as Arsenal. If Wenger had our squad of players for the past 3 seasons he'd have done a lot better. He also would have brought youth players through, rather than shipping them out on loan.

People talking about Arry leaving Spurs on the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thing I'd be worried about if I was a Spurs fans would be players using this as an excuse to leave the club. The likes of Modric and Bale and wanted by a host of clubs and another year without Champions League football might be a bridge too far. Redknapp had a very close relationship with many of his squad and Modric in particular could use his exit as leverage to get a move away from the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Levy had a fairly simple choice between getting rid of 'Arry now or signing him up for four/five more years. After the soap opera end to the Spurs season 'Arry's determination to get the England job caused he probably reckoned it was time to move on with an inexpensive dismissal. They'll probably be losing a couple of players this Summer anyway so he may as well give the budget to replace them to someone he views as a longer term prospect.

First camefrom twitter second was my own I'm sorry I diidn't think it was a crime:confused:

Nah man wasn't having a pop, just read the same thing this morning. The Rooney agent thing has been denied by a few people, the agent himself and the agency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,676 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So was he sacked or did he go himself?

Harry did very well with Spurs as already said above this could be the catalyst for some players to leave the club now Harry has a great relationship with the players

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So was he sacked or did he go himself?

Harry did very well with Spurs as already said above this could be the catalyst for some players to leave the club now Harry has a great relationship with the players

Sacked.

Video of him out the car window strangely enough.:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18440514

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

-Ade- wrote: »
    Until he confirms it from his car window, I won't believe anything!

CONFIRMED!

I did laugh a bit as I turned on the tv for the first time today to see him on SSN being interviewed in his Range Rover 30 or so minutes ago :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

CONFIRMED!

I did laugh a bit as I turned on the tv for the first time today to see him on SSN being interviewed in his Range Rover 30 or so minutes ago :D

I was surprised when i saw he didn't bring the range rover door with him when he was on the BBC panel for the matches.

Can he manage though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

CONFIRMED!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18440514

I saw that and first thing that came to my head was your post about wanting to see it :pac:

Martinez not been approached according to Whelan....

Martinez could be very good but I always had a strange dislike for him and if things don't work out he could be gone by Christmas.

I wish Ancelotti hadn't taken the PSG job.

Capello would be my first choice we could do worse then AVB I wonder what he would be like as the biggest personality in the dressing room?

Martinez not been approached according to Whelan....

Martinez could be very good but I always had a strange dislike for him and if things don't work out he could be gone by Christmas.

I wish Ancelotti hadn't taken the PSG job.

Capello would be my first choice we could do worse then AVB I wonder what he would be like as the biggest personality in the dressing room?
    Apparently according to some decent journos Levy is in no rush

amiable wrote: »
    Apparently according to some decent journos Levy is in no rush
    Really unless he has an eye on a euro 2012 manager he should sort it quickly to stop players starting to manover for moves.

Levy is too shrewd to remove Harry without a manager or a list he wants before he let him go.

Really unless he has an eye on a euro 2012 manager he should sort it quickly to stop players starting to manover for moves.

Levy is too shrewd to remove Harry without a manager or a list he wants before he let him go.
    Well it would seem that Levy has nobody definitely in my mind.
    Apparently he is no rush to appoint someone.
    IMO there may be more to Harry losing his job than just results.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

spurs look to be a PITA team to manage, I am sure Moyes is not that much of a wally.

no point being given the spurs job if its a mare. at Everton he might not have the luxury of leaving players like Piennear play with the reserves but he sure loves his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Has the actual reason for Redknapp leaving Spurs been given yet? I'm sure that will be the difference good and really good managers being interested in the job

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

It's astonishing what Levy has done.
    Redknapp got Spurs into the top 4 two out of three seasons and broke the big 4/5, he played great football, rescued Spurs and turned players like Bale, Modric & Walker from mediocre to being worth a combined £100m!! Spurs are a total joke of a club.
    I'm really interested to see what happens spurs next year. My guess is they'll end up back in midtable again and Levy will be proven to have made a massive mistake. Will be very interesting to see and could finally prove 'arry isn't just a wheeler-dealer but a good manager instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Spurs fans are funny! A couple of months ago they were singing "Harry, don't go".

He took them from the relegation zone to the Champions League. Where now from here??? Down!!!! I think the time is nigh to bring Berba back!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Rich11 wrote: »
    It's astonishing what Levy has done.
    Redknapp got Spurs into the top 4 two out of three seasons and broke the big 4/5, he played great football, rescued Spurs and turned players like Bale, Modric & Walker from mediocre to being worth a combined £100m!! Spurs are a total joke of a club.

Rein in the horses there! It is true that Bale blossomed under him, but Walker is a product of the youth team, which I doubt Redknapp oversees. And Modric was a great player when he arrived, Spurs just stole the march in signing him for £16.5M - not chump change.

I don't think Levy was correct in getting rid unless he KNOWS he can bring in an international name, someone like Capello or Advocaat, who can retain their current stars and attract more. The advantage of them being based in London cannot be overstated...

Dickerty wrote: »
    Rein in the horses there! It is true that Bale blossomed under him, but Walker is a product of the youth team, which I doubt Redknapp oversees. And Modric was a great player when he arrived, Spurs just stole the march in signing him for £16.5M - not chump change.

I don't think Levy was correct in getting rid unless he KNOWS he can bring in an international name, someone like Capello or Advocaat, who can retain their current stars and attract more. The advantage of them being based in London cannot be overstated...

Kyle Walker was bought from Sheff United for approx £5 million and was a product of their youth team.

When Modric arrived first he struggled to adapt to the EPL. Forget his fee he was struggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

What are the latest odds for replacement managers ? (can't view online - in work and betting sites are blocked)

RayCon wrote: »
    What are the latest odds for replacement managers ? (can't view online - in work and betting sites are blocked)

SORT BY: FAV/NAME

Andre Villas-Boas
    15/8 8/11 15/8 11/8 5/4 11/8 11/8 11/8 11/8 29/16 233/100 187/100

David Moyes
    7/2 4 3 4 4 9/4 4 7/2 7/4 21/10 19/5 68/25

Roberto Martinez
    5 3 9/2 5 5 7/2 5 9/2 7/2 57/10 189/50

Fabio Capello
    10 6 10 10 8 8 10 7 10 13/5 17/2 21/5

Rafa Benitez
    12 10 16 10 16 10 10 10 8 19/2 24 131/10

Tim Sherwood
    12 12 18 16 12 16 16 14 16 181/10 56/5

Jurgen Klinsmann
    16 12 18 12 12 8 12 10 12 34/5 20 51/5

Alan Pardew
    16 16 20 18 20 20 12 16 8 22 131/10

Laurent Blanc
    20 22 18 20 25 25 20 25

Gus Poyet
    33 20 22 25 25 33 25 16 19/2 26 31/2

Martin ONeill
    20 33 33 25 25 25 25 20 20 31/2 94 20

Louis Van Gaal
    25 20 28 33 25 25 33 16

Luis Enrique

Roberto Mancini

Unai Emery

Pep Guardiola
    25 20 40 33 20 20 33 25 16 14 29 35/2

Slaven Bilic
    25 25 25 25 33 25 40 29

Guus Hiddink
    25 33 40 33 40 22 33 12 25 51 104 69

Antonio Conti
    40 40 40 123

Michael Laudrup
    40 25 294

Marco Van Basten
    33 33 40 25 33 40 16 349 522 460

Avram Grant
    40 25

Bert van Marwijk
    25 40 40 40 40 16

Frank de Boer
    33 40

Jorge Jesus
    40 40

Manuel Pelligrini
    33 40 33 40 33 33

Marcelo Bielsa
    33 40 33 40

Marcelo Lippi
    33 33 40 33 40 33 33 25

Phil Scolari

Steve Bruce

Didier Deschamps
    50 25 18 25 25 20 25 25 28 75 36

Joachim Low
    50 40 40 25 25 40 25 49 94 67

Jose Mourinho
    33 40 40 40 40 50 40 40 20 55 94 61

Frank Rijkaard
    40 40 33 50 33 33 81 132 100

Glenn Hoddle
    40 40 50 50 28 50 151

Ottmar Hitzfeld
    33 50 33 33 209 341 271

Alan Curbishley
    50 50 50 50 33 50 25

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/tottenham-specials/next-permanent-manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cheeky couple of quid on Blanc?

Depending on how France do he could be out of job in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

gavredking wrote: »
    Cheeky couple of quid on Blanc?

Depending on how France do he could be out of job in a few weeks.

Deschamps seems to be a big price

Advertisement