Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

was I the victim if of racial....something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

When I pointed out to her that I was probably the only one to pay National Insurance (hence paying her wages) and that I could not get in to see my own Doctor because the rights of non Nationals were greater than mine.
    Wow. It's a disgrace that you weren't seen quicker, especially when you so clearly made a big attempt to endear yourself to her.

And to think, some people on this site actually want to get rid of this guy ==>:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭SMASH THE UNIONS

The silence from the usual bleeding-hearts in deafening. As if anti-white racism is news.
    The thread on the death of Irish student Nicola Furlong at the hands of two black Americans, one of the biggest news stories in recent weeks, was closed after about 2 pages. And the mods wonder why they're accused of having an agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

The silence from the usual bleeding-hearts in deafening. As if anti-white racism is news.
    The thread on the death of Irish student Nicola Furlong at the hands of two black Americans, one of the biggest news stories in recent weeks, was closed after about 2 pages. And the mods wonder why they're accused of having an agenda.

That makes no sense. Plenty of us bleeding heart liberals saying it was wrong. But don't let that destroy the two ideological points that make up one hundred percent of your online troll personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

....what has the death of that young woman to do with "anti-white racism"?

What "agenda" are they supposed to have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

You, of course, have no agenda whatsoever - I can tell that by your name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Wow. It's a disgrace that you weren't seen quicker, especially when you so clearly made a big attempt to endear yourself to her.

And to think, some people on this site actually want to get rid of this guy ==>:rolleyes:

But he says he didn't say anything until everybody else was seen, so unless the doctor had a time machine, and knew he was going to get mad at the end, your argument does not make sense.

I don't think this is a big deal, and were an asian group told they were to have an European I wouldn't care either, but it is funny the way some commentators are probably taking the opposite position to the position they would take were the positions reversed; and are inclined to disbelieve stories they would believe were the racial groups reversed.

Gets popcorn.

If you have a problem with the moderation on this or any other forum, I suggest that you take it to Feedback instead of derailing this thread with your crap.

/mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭SMASH THE UNIONS

That makes no sense. Plenty of us bleeding heart liberals saying it was wrong. But don't let that destroy the two ideological points that make up one hundred percent of your online troll personality.

Glad you admit this was anti-white racism committed by Asians.

Next step - how do we stamp it out? Can we fine or jail them like we do to white owned businesses found guilty of racist practices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Why should you take it and put up with being treated like that in your own Country?

I went to a walk in Doctors in the UK with Chest Pains. I was told as I was the first one there I would be the first one to be seen.

Then it started filling up with every Nationality on the Planet. They saw them before a White person even though I was there first. The Doctors were out meeting and greeting them. When they got round to me, they just said what was I doing there and why did I not see my own Doctor.

When I pointed out to her that I was probably the only one to pay National Insurance (hence paying her wages) and that I could not get in to see my own Doctor because the rights of non Nationals were greater than mine.
    I also reminded her that it still was England and not quiet Third World yet!

http://image1.masterfile.com/em_w/00/52/91/700-00529162w.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭sweeney1971

Forfoxsake when you are shoved to the back of the line in a Doctors with chest pains after paying NI Contributions all your life and someone who has never contributed anything to the system gets put in front you then and only then will 'get it'

I was there first and the rules were first one in first one to be seen. I did not expect better treatment because I am white, I expected to be treated because I got there first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Why should you take it and put up with being treated like that in your own Country?

I went to a walk in Doctors in the UK with Chest Pains. I was told as I was the first one there I would be the first one to be seen.

Then it started filling up with every Nationality on the Planet. They saw them before a White person even though I was there first. The Doctors were out meeting and greeting them. When they got round to me, they just said what was I doing there and why did I not see my own Doctor.

Sweeney, are you Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I did not expect better treatment because I am white, I expected to be treated because I got there first.
    They saw them before a White person even though I was there first.

:confused: Why didn't you just say 'before me' then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Not anti-white racism, that's your own particular agenda right there. Anti-non asian, I would presume.
    Next step - how do we stamp it out? Can we fine or jail them like we do to white owned businesses found guilty of racist practices?

Yup, you pretty much answered your own question right there. The OP would have to make an official complaint.

Forfoxsake when you are shoved to the back of the line in a Doctors with chest pains after paying NI Contributions all your life and someone who has never contributed anything to the system gets put in front you then and only then will 'get it'.

Don't mind him, he's some liberal.

Listen...how did ye know they'd never contributed anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

No one has admitted any such thing. What it was is something that can, ultimately, only be decided, on the evidence, by a court of law. You have heard of due process, haven't you?:rolleyes:

Can you give us an example of a "white owned" business that has been jailed after being found guilty of racist practice. Or even of people who have been jailed for his reason?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If a person (legal or physical) is charged in a court of law with having breached our equality legislation, the verdict will depend on the evidence presented and the skin colour, ethnic origin or cultural background of the defendant will not make a difference. :)

You will never smash the unions, either. At least not as long as democracy exists. Or maybe you'd like to smash that, too?:D

• Advertisement

She said there is no eating allowed in the private rooms, they are just for karaoke. Now ad I had been there before with other friends we were able to eat in the room. When I told her we had eaten there before, she asked me was I with an Asian person which I said I was and she replied that this was the reason as there is different rules(and menu) for Asian people so there was no chance we were allowed eat in the room unless she said we bring an Asian person the next time we go..

Make a complaint.

Forfoxsake when you are shoved to the back of the line in a Doctors with chest pains after paying NI Contributions all your life and someone who has never contributed anything to the system gets put in front you then and only then will 'get it'

I was there first and the rules were first one in first one to be seen. I did not expect better treatment because I am white, I expected to be treated because I got there first.
    And you know for a fact that all of these people had paid no contributions, do you? Tell me, did you ask them for their p60s one-by-one as they came in or did you stand up when they were all the waiting room in and make your request?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

a karaoke restaurant

And down with this sort of thing too, I'm outraged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Nodin wrote: »
    Don't mind him, he's some liberal.

Listen...how did ye know they'd never contributed anything?

Duh... cause they weren't white. :rolleyes:

Don't you know it's only white people what do be good honest tax paying folk?

Hey sweeney1971 - could it be that everyone else had one of those things.... what are they called again? Oh yeah.... appointments.

prinz wrote: »
    :confused: Why didn't you just say 'before me' then?

Because he's saying that he was discriminated against because he was white.

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    No one has admitted any such thing. What it was is something that can, ultimately, only be decided, on the evidence, by a court of law. You have heard of due process, haven't you?:roll eyes:

We haven't named the restaurant.

Lets assume the OP wasn't making things up for shlts and giggle?. Would we not discuss the original post on its merits. If a woman were to say she was banned from a golf club would you be so legalistic? Would you refuse to debate the post until due process were served?

Is this acceptable behaviour, or not. If not - why is there such a song and dance, so much posting of internet memes, so much legalistic nonsense, so much difficulty in getting people to say - well thats wrong, as it would be the other way around.

It was starting out like that, and admittedly Smash is trolling, but it does seem....odd that there is any debate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

El Weirdo wrote: »

And you know for a fact that all of these people had paid no contributions, do you? Tell me, did you ask them for their p60s one-by-one as they came in or did you stand up when they were all the waiting room in and make your request?
    Yep this confuses me also. It should be interesting to find out what way he went about it. As for the op, a serious complaint should be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

grindle wrote: »
    They can make those exceptions, but if some place decided to have a sign that says "No Smoking In Restaurant - Except For Arabs", every other culture and race would have every right to piss and moan, as in this case.
    Golf clubs that don't allow women? Bullshit.
    Women's days at gyms? Bullshit.

Make the rules, expect the fallout.

That's not the case. Let's not be hysterical about it!

Has the OP named the establishment in question? Has he contacted management to inquire about what happened?

People are just making assumptions about the whole thing based on the OP's experience. It's no better than arriving at a conclusion based on that other fellas experience at his doctor's office.

Has the OP named the establishment in question? Has he contacted management to inquire about what happened?

People are just making assumptions about the whole thing based on the OP's experience. It's no better than arriving at a conclusion based on that other fellas experience at his doctor's office.

When do we ever assume that the OP is lying? And do you think that nothing like this happened and she decided to troll AH, with a minor story of little significance? As to what else she may have done, or not done, not very relevant.

Theres a lot of dancing around the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

grindle wrote: »
    Totally crazy, don't understand some people's reaction of "House Rules", etc.

Maybe we should get the blacks back to the cotton, and the gays to the seminary?

Fuck it... Women, we want your vote given back to us.
    Ye're not doing anything sensible with them anyway, only feck-acting.

Feck-acting .. that's a fine term , Sir.

I may use it from time to time.

I tip my hat to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Last weekend I went out to a karaoke restaurant in Dublin. We booked a private room. We were aware that there is a 50e an hour charge for the use of the room which we had no issues with. When we arrived we were shown to a table in the main restaurant. I called the waitress over and explained that we had booked the private room and wanted to eat in there.

She said there is no eating allowed in the private rooms, they are just for karaoke. Now ad I had been there before with other friends we were able to eat in the room. When I told her we had eaten there before, she asked me was I with an Asian person which I said I was and she replied that this was the reason as there is different rules(and menu) for Asian people so there was no chance we were allowed eat in the room unless she said we bring an Asian person the next time we go.

We decided then to just leave and go somewhere else. There wad mixed opinions in the group, mine was their restaurant their rules but a few other's were pretty out raged that we were treated like that.

Should we of made a fuss?

In other countries like Russia and Egypt, there are different prices for foreigners and locals which is fine but now it seems people can get discriminated like that in our own country.

God damn our round eyes.

Funny how you feel upset that you were discriminated against and you want to right the wrong but you throw in a racial slur in repsonse.

Do unto to others as you would have to them do you, etc.

Hazys wrote: »
    Last weekend I went out to a karaoke restaurant in Dublin. We booked a private room. We were aware that there is a 50e an hour charge for the use of the room which we had no issues with. When we arrived we were shown to a table in the main restaurant. I called the waitress over and explained that we had booked the private room and wanted to eat in there.

She said there is no eating allowed in the private rooms, they are just for karaoke. Now ad I had been there before with other friends we were able to eat in the room. When I told her we had eaten there before, she asked me was I with an Asian person which I said I was and she replied that this was the reason as there is different rules(and menu) for Asian people so there was no chance we were allowed eat in the room unless she said we bring an Asian person the next time we go.

We decided then to just leave and go somewhere else. There wad mixed opinions in the group, mine was their restaurant their rules but a few other's were pretty out raged that we were treated like that.

Should we of made a fuss?

In other countries like Russia and Egypt, there are different prices for foreigners and locals which is fine but now it seems people can get discriminated like that in our own country.

God damn our round eyes.

Funny how you feel upset that you were discriminated against and you want to right the wrong but you throw in a racial slur in repsonse.

I was upset as a round eyed person , myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭sweeney1971

The only reason people now go to the UK is for free health treatment for you your family and your mates, Free Housing for you your family and your mates, free Legal Aid for you your family and your mates. Free Car's for you your family and your mates ALL at the expense of the Tax Payer and dare you complain you are branded a Racist running the risk of losing your job and home.

I have seen Churches smashed up in occupied zones, dealers openly selling, junkies injecting themselves whilst in charge of children. Nothing can be said or done because of the PC bleeding hearts Nazi's

Wait until it happens here in Ireland. I hope it never does.

Not everyone is like this of course but most of them are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

The only reason people now go to the UK is for free health treatment for you your family and your mates, Free Housing for you your family and your mates, free Legal Aid for you your family and your mates. Free Car's for you your family and your mates ALL at the expense of the Tax Payer and dare you complain you are branded a Racist running the risk of losing your job and home.

I have seen Churches smashed up in occupied zones, dealers openly selling, junkies injecting themselves whilst in charge of children. Nothing can be said or done because of the PC bleeding hearts Nazi's

Aaaaaaaaaaand here we go again!.....

...the PC bleeding hearts Nazi's...
    This was my favourite bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

People are just making assumptions...

It may be the case, then. I'd suspect it is, based on little more than a stranger's recollection of events that may not have even happened.
    Wild like that, so I am.
    mattjack wrote: »
    Feck-acting .. that's a fine term , Sir.

I may use it from time to time.
    You may not, unless you pay.

Feck-acting

©grindle

Money-up, byotch.

I just want to clear something up. The free car for me and my family and my mates. Will we get that only if we're not white? I have some friends who are black so I presume they automatically get it, maybe the could pass it on to me. I mean whenever they go into a doctor they just push all the white people to the back of the queue so I guess they're on the right path.

But if I black up will I get the free stuff? How thoroughly do they check?

I presume as long as I black up I don't have to pay taxes either. Because black people don't pay taxes in your UK. Although I am confused because I heard the Queen doesn't pay taxes and she doesn't appear to be black.

Please advise.

Thanks honkey!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Do they insist on having an Asian person with you because they know they won't be able to resist tidying up after you? How Asian are we talking? Will they let a Turkmen or an Uzbeck in or does it need to be at least a Korean?

I just want to point out before I get called a bleeding limb neo-Naziaguran or whatever that I think it's awful if the OP's post is true.

How would one Asian ensure the rest of the whiteys were tidy eaters? It don't make no sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

The King of Moo was right, we were long due a troll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

How Asian are we talking? Will they let a Turkmen or an Uzbeck in or does it need to be at least a Korean?
    Bravo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

For the best OP, dodge that Asian place

Have you noticed small dogs in your area going missing?

Your last meal was Jack Russell

Reminds me of the time myself and a mate were kicked out of a cornershop in the US for being white. Of course the shopkeeper served us first then told us to get out.:pac: Business should always come first.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

If you check at the door I think you'll find that you can rent an Asian (much Like you can rent a Dinner jacket) for a nominal fee.

• Advertisement

Do they insist on having an Asian person with you because they know they won't be able to resist tidying up after you? How Asian are we talking? Will they let a Turkmen or an Uzbeck in or does it need to be at least a Korean?

Certainly not a Russian.

The old classics.... we haven't had that one in a bit.

• Why should you take it and put up with being treated like that in your own Country?

This is one of the most racist things I've ever read. Because you're white, you assumed you were the only person paying National Insurance? If you're Irish, that makes it even worse. You don't count as a foreigner, but those 'brown people' had no right to be there? :rolleyes:

I know lots of non-white people here in London and every one of them is working. Many were born here, despite looking Chinese or Indian. Unless you interrogated every person there about what they did for a living, you're spouting racist drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Why didnt you have an Asian with you? Do you not like them? Are you the racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Hazys wrote: »

Yeah, stop calling those round eyed people "round eyes", ya round eyed roundy.:confused: WTF are you on about?? Anyway, nip over to France if you want to be racially discriminated against as a white, it's the tops, those take-away sitey downey Chinesey types are crap at it. What I'm taking from this thread is the pressing need to get "an Asian". I will google it as it must obviously be some form of haircut or a special way to groom your pubes. If it's the pubes one, how go they check you really have it, or do they just take your word on it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

You should create an elaborate backstory about how you are asian, born and raised somewhere in the big continent that is Asia. But you emigrated to find new and interesting karaoke bars and you're writing a blog to all your Asian friends who are at home and looking for new and interesting Karaoke bars in Dublin. Friends who are rich and also Asian. They'd welcome you in and you wouldn't even have to pay but you would pay because you're an honest asian like that. I imagine this would be as succesful as my "I'm the Guinness rep here to inspect the Guinness" when I go to Irish bars abroad. It may not work, you may end up with confused people, and it may get them laughing.

If that doesn't work you should report them. But then again I am a bleeding heart Guinness rep, I mean liberal.

• Advertisement

Why didnt you have an Asian with you? Do you not like them? Are you the racist.

We're all going to have to get a gang together to cover all situations :pac:

Pottler wrote: »
    Yeah, stop calling those round eyed people "round eyes", ya round eyed roundy.:confused: WTF are you on about?? Anyway, nip over to France if you want to be racially discriminated against as a white, it's the tops, those take-away sitey downey Chinesey types are crap at it. ..............

Yez can't help yerselves, can yez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Nodin wrote: »
    Yez can't help yerselves, can yez.
    That was a honest mistake, a cracker though - you've just put a racist slant on it. Sorry to burst your bubble. Golly, I will have to really watch what I type in future. I'm half foreign myself though so I have a pass.:D

That was a honest mistake, a cracker though - you've just put a racist slant on it. Sorry to burst your bubble. Golly, I will have to really watch what I type in future. I'm half foreign myself though so I have a pass.:D

...twas an attempt at humour on my part, rather than an attempt to call ye racist....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

That was a honest mistake, a cracker though...

You just. Can't. Stop.

:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement