Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Euro 2012 - Gameweek 2

• 12-06-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭

Polanski just had a goal disallowed, correctly, for offside.

Poland looking the better side so far.

Czech Republic beat Greece 2-1 earlier, with Jiracek, Pilar, and Gekas all scoring.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Dzagoev you beauty. My captain! :P

Arshavin with the assist by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

BKC wrote: »
    Dzagoev you beauty. My captain! :P

Arshavin with the assist by the way.

Have the armband on Dzagoev too. Had Pilar in the earlier game so my wildcard has worked a treat so far. Malafeev and Lewandowski also playing here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Went for Arshavin over Dzagoev as captain but not the worst. Hoping he might chip in with a goal himself later.

7 goals from Pilar, Dzagoev and Shevchenko so far....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

hmmmmm Dzagoev stick or twist? Last matchday there was no decision, this time however.....

Dzagoev and Polanski just had to go and get themselves booked! Dzagoev was booked for dissent, stupid!

• Advertisement

Dzagoev and Polanski just had to go and get themselves booked! Dzagoev was booked for dissent, stupid!

Could affect his gametime as well in the last game of the group, as another yellow will see him banned for a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

KevIRL wrote: »
    hmmmmm Dzagoev stick or twist? Last matchday there was no decision, this time however.....

Depends who you have really. I'll be going with Sneijder tomorrow, if that fails, Robbie Keane, if that fails, Benzema (fancy him to well against Ukraine - would be my no. 1 choice if you could choose only one captain)

manual_man wrote: »
    Depends who you have really. I'll be going with Sneijder tomorrow, if that fails, Robbie Keane, if that fails, Benzema (fancy him to well against Ukraine - would be my no. 1 choice if you could choose only one captain)

Ronaldo is my option for tomorrow

Then Thur either Fabregas or Silva, Pirlo orDi Natale

Fri Benzema

I would stick, defo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

really hard decision this matchday with

ozil today
    fabregas or jelavic tomorrow
    young or nasri friday

• Advertisement

I'm undecided also. I'm not one for risking losing points when I already have them in the bag, but Benzema against the Ukraine is tempting!

Perhaps if Dzagoev hadn't got himself booked it would have been an easier decision!

I'm undecided also. I'm not one for risking losing points when I already have them in the bag, but Benzema against the Ukraine is tempting!

Perhaps if Dzagoev hadn't got himself booked it would have been an easier decision!
    I'm gonna leave it on him I think. I have Ozil, Cesc/Jelavic and Benzema as options later in the week but not many players scored more than 7 points in week 1 so I'm happy to hold what I have.

I've another dilemna in goals with Malafeev on 4 points. Tempted to stick with that also instead of bringing on Patricio of Portugal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

The yellow card put those exact thoughts in my head too, but then I noticed he regained a point for recovered balls, which isn't something you'd ever be guarenteed with a player of his style, so I'm basically keeping it on him now.

In short: Who's going to score twice in the next games? Can't see Holland or Germany destroying each other, Portugal are huge underachievers, and Ukraine don't look like pushovers all of a sudden.

Then you've got Spain's likely domination of Ireland. Too many are likely to score, hindering any one person's chance to shine. I have Iniesta myself, who'd be my choice if I *had* to swap.

A goal from a striker is less points than a MF, so as I said... who do you have who's "likely" to score/assist 2? I suspect nobody - and that's my logic behind keeping Dzagoev as captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

andersen cs gone noo

Pepe! :D
    carlcon wrote: »
    A goal from a striker is less points than a MF, so as I said... who do you have who's "likely" to score/assist 2? I suspect nobody - and that's my logic behind keeping Dzagoev as captain.

Benzema would be the only option I would consider.

Spain won't score much against Ireland. Think they are starting without a striker again = pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, good position, pass. I don't know why they do it. As soon as Torres came on, they had 3 good chances. I know he didn't score, but they were a lot more clear cut chances than they had for the rest of the game!

Surprised vp has started up front. Confidence would have taken a knock after last game. Expected him out wide. Germany unchanged. Mathijsen in for Vlaar only change for Dutch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

RVP goal and Sneijder assist! Perfect :)

Will Jelavic start against Italy tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Will Jelavic start against Italy tomorrow?

I would have thought so.

Any thoughts on players on one yellow card so far?. Have Badstuber but wondering if he might sit out game 3 as they have already qualified. But he would still risk missing the semi finals with another booking in the quarters?? Hard to know whether to use the wildcard for Matchday 3 or not.
    Was going to ship Van Persie out but the Dutch still have it all to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

I have VP as captain, do I leave it with him?

I still have Benz, Nasri, Cassano or Iniesta that I could captain.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

28 points with 7 to play & I wonder if Spain will decide to actually use a striker this time.

zerks wrote: »
    28 points with 7 to play & I wonder if Spain will decide to actually use a striker this time.

I heard they won't. Ridiculous if they don't though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I have Dzagoev as captain but wondering if Iniesta would destroy Ireland tomorrow...

Dempsey wrote: »
    I have Dzagoev as captain but wondering if Iniesta would destroy Ireland tomorrow...

I have Dzagoev as captain too.

Thing is Spain don't tend to destroy teams. When they won the World Cup, they won every match by exactly one goal, apart from beating Honduras 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

You'd be mad to change Dzagoev imo. I had Van Persie as captain last night, still have a couple of options inclusing Ibrahimovic but i think i'll stick.

Croatia and Italy unchanged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Croatia and Italy unchanged

Feck sake, was positive Di Natale would get the nod this time :mad:

Nice one Pirlo!

Torres starts.

Casillas, Ramos, Arbeloa, Jordi Alba, Pique, Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso, Busquets, Silva, Torres.

• Advertisement

Torres starts.

Balls,took a chance on Llorente.

At least my man scored for Croatia.

Expecting 12 points between Jordi Alba and Casillas.

Just checked my team,first sub is Strinic with an assist,worked out better than expected.

Well Silva done the biz tonight, no real regrets about not captaining him though, silly to dump hard won double points. Every point in this thing is gonna mean so much though.

Why oh why did I transfer Torres? He is my favourite player so I don't know what I was thinking!
    Expecting 12 points between Jordi Alba and Casillas.

As expected, but was sure Cas made 3 saves!

Decent day today, into the top 10 of the boards league thanks to Cesc, Bonucci, Alba and Mandzukic. Benzema, Debuchy and Lescott to come off the bench now for 2x1 pointers and 1x2 pointer.

• Advertisement

43pts from 6 players, 5 to play tomorrow.

All my midfielders scored (well, 4 out of 5, Ribery still to play)

Happy as Larry, top of the work league!

Maniatis > Lescott
    Iniesta > Gerrard
    Robben > Benzema

All correct choices for tomorrow?

Maniatis > Lescott
    Iniesta > Gerrard
    Robben > Benzema

All correct choices for tomorrow?

What I've done is taken out Maniatis & Robben and put in Benzema & Gerrard. Now I have to work out if I should bring in Lescott for a 3 point Iniesta. My reluctance is stemming from the fact that there has been very few CS's so far and Lescott is liable to get a yellow card more so than a goal. Anyone else have an opinion?

My reluctance is stemming from the fact that there has been very few CS's so far and Lescott is liable to get a yellow card more so than a goal. Anyone else have an opinion?

While that's true, is he more likely to get a yellow card than a goal OR assist OR clean sheet OR 5/10 recovered balls?

That's the question I'd ask. I think it's worth gambling 1 or 2 points to find out. That's what I'll be doing, anyway. Have Lescott myself, and nobody left with less than 2 points.

And on a side note: If your team has done so well this week that you've nobody with 2 or less points to sub out, you're probably well capable of gambling those couple of points on Lescott without too much worry.

carlcon wrote: »
    While that's true, is he more likely to get a yellow card than a goal OR assist OR clean sheet OR 5/10 recovered balls?

That's the question I'd ask. I think it's worth gambling 1 or 2 points to find out. That's what I'll be doing, anyway. Have Lescott myself, and nobody left with less than 2 points.

And on a side note: If your team has done so well this week that you've nobody with 2 or less points to sub out, you're probably well capable of gambling those couple of points on Lescott without too much worry.

I've subbed out the 2 players that got 2 for Benzema & Gerrard, the next lowest player is Iniesta with 3 points.

EDIT

I've subbed in Lescott for Iniesta, just read a stat about Sweden conceding from headers and that has convinced me to take a punt. 7 point hit for these 3 changes, hopefully I'll fair better than last week.

• Advertisement

Benzema captain. Come on son. You can do it

I've subbed out the 2 players that got 2 for Benzema & Gerrard, the next lowest player is Iniesta with 3 points.

EDIT

I've subbed in Lescott for Iniesta, just read a stat about Sweden conceding from headers and that has convinced me to take a punt. 7 point hit for these 3 changes, hopefully I'll fair better than last week.

If we get less than 2 points from Lescott, we can consider ourselves very unlucky, IMO. I honestly think you're only at risk of dropping 1 point.

If the game is abandoned altogether it will be played tomorrow, wonder if it may mean a DGW?

If the game is abandoned altogether it will be played tomorrow, wonder if it may mean a DGW?

I reckon they'll be back out shortly. Storm should die down

Unlikely I reckon, some load of water there.

Unlikely I reckon, some load of water there.

Yep but the pitch has state of the art drainage. Only danger is if the storm doesn't abate, but that's unlikely these things rarely last more than a half an hour

"The game will not resume until at least the top of the hour" - ESPN.

Shouldn't be too much worry about the rain, though. I'd expect a Euro 2012 approved stadium would have good drainage/run-off. The insane lightning above the stadium was the worry, I'd imagine.

Inspection at 6 apparently. Problem is that the rain that has fallen has been so heavy it might be hard to be all drained, although seems to be draining nicely now - rainfall lighter now. Still expect it to go ahead

Game will resume in 15 mins.

Delighteds I was wrong, lets hope its a good 'un now

• Advertisement
Advertisement