Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012 - Gameweek 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Expecting 12 points between Jordi Alba and Casillas.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just checked my team,first sub is Strinic with an assist,worked out better than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well Silva done the biz tonight, no real regrets about not captaining him though, silly to dump hard won double points. Every point in this thing is gonna mean so much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Why oh why did I transfer Torres? He is my favourite player so I don't know what I was thinking!
    BKC wrote: »
    Expecting 12 points between Jordi Alba and Casillas.

As expected, but was sure Cas made 3 saves!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Decent day today, into the top 10 of the boards league thanks to Cesc, Bonucci, Alba and Mandzukic. Benzema, Debuchy and Lescott to come off the bench now for 2x1 pointers and 1x2 pointer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

43pts from 6 players, 5 to play tomorrow.

All my midfielders scored (well, 4 out of 5, Ribery still to play)

Happy as Larry, top of the work league!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Maniatis > Lescott
    Iniesta > Gerrard
    Robben > Benzema

All correct choices for tomorrow?

Dempsey wrote: »
    Maniatis > Lescott
    Iniesta > Gerrard
    Robben > Benzema

All correct choices for tomorrow?

What I've done is taken out Maniatis & Robben and put in Benzema & Gerrard. Now I have to work out if I should bring in Lescott for a 3 point Iniesta. My reluctance is stemming from the fact that there has been very few CS's so far and Lescott is liable to get a yellow card more so than a goal. Anyone else have an opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

My reluctance is stemming from the fact that there has been very few CS's so far and Lescott is liable to get a yellow card more so than a goal. Anyone else have an opinion?

While that's true, is he more likely to get a yellow card than a goal OR assist OR clean sheet OR 5/10 recovered balls?

That's the question I'd ask. I think it's worth gambling 1 or 2 points to find out. That's what I'll be doing, anyway. Have Lescott myself, and nobody left with less than 2 points.

And on a side note: If your team has done so well this week that you've nobody with 2 or less points to sub out, you're probably well capable of gambling those couple of points on Lescott without too much worry.

carlcon wrote: »
    While that's true, is he more likely to get a yellow card than a goal OR assist OR clean sheet OR 5/10 recovered balls?

That's the question I'd ask. I think it's worth gambling 1 or 2 points to find out. That's what I'll be doing, anyway. Have Lescott myself, and nobody left with less than 2 points.

And on a side note: If your team has done so well this week that you've nobody with 2 or less points to sub out, you're probably well capable of gambling those couple of points on Lescott without too much worry.

I've subbed out the 2 players that got 2 for Benzema & Gerrard, the next lowest player is Iniesta with 3 points.

EDIT

I've subbed in Lescott for Iniesta, just read a stat about Sweden conceding from headers and that has convinced me to take a punt. 7 point hit for these 3 changes, hopefully I'll fair better than last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Benzema captain. Come on son. You can do it

I've subbed out the 2 players that got 2 for Benzema & Gerrard, the next lowest player is Iniesta with 3 points.

EDIT

I've subbed in Lescott for Iniesta, just read a stat about Sweden conceding from headers and that has convinced me to take a punt. 7 point hit for these 3 changes, hopefully I'll fair better than last week.

If we get less than 2 points from Lescott, we can consider ourselves very unlucky, IMO. I honestly think you're only at risk of dropping 1 point.

If the game is abandoned altogether it will be played tomorrow, wonder if it may mean a DGW?

KevIRL wrote: »
    If the game is abandoned altogether it will be played tomorrow, wonder if it may mean a DGW?

I reckon they'll be back out shortly. Storm should die down

manual_man wrote: »

Unlikely I reckon, some load of water there.

KevIRL wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »

Unlikely I reckon, some load of water there.

Yep but the pitch has state of the art drainage. Only danger is if the storm doesn't abate, but that's unlikely these things rarely last more than a half an hour

"The game will not resume until at least the top of the hour" - ESPN.

Shouldn't be too much worry about the rain, though. I'd expect a Euro 2012 approved stadium would have good drainage/run-off. The insane lightning above the stadium was the worry, I'd imagine.

Inspection at 6 apparently. Problem is that the rain that has fallen has been so heavy it might be hard to be all drained, although seems to be draining nicely now - rainfall lighter now. Still expect it to go ahead

Game will resume in 15 mins.

Delighteds I was wrong, lets hope its a good 'un now

• Advertisement

Menez, Benzema assist

Cabaye, Benzema assist

Carroll, Gerrard assist

Advertisement