Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reardens bouncers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Why do ye still go there, so? If a pub/club refused my money because I didn't go to a "real" college, then they wouldn't get a second chance to refuse it. There are plenty of places in Cork where the staff treat their patrons with respect.

I rang the next day to complain about it, because to be honest my friends felt humiliated and it ruined our night. It went straight to answer machine and my call wasn't returned.

We still go there because its where most of my social group go on nights out. There aren't any other decent nightclubs in the city, apparently Gorby's is okay but its full of youngsters. Sad that we keep having to return to a place where we're only welcome if the bouncers are in the right humour, but there aren't many other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

To all of you that have problems/ hassles etc., with bouncers. There is an organisation called The Private Security Authority which regulates these guys.
    Each Bouncer HAS to have his/ her PSA id badge with number on them at all times.
    So if you have a gripe, a serious one that is (not one of these things that become ' big issues' when after a few), you can complain that individual to the PSA.
    So its psa.gov.ie for anything further.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

HoggyRS wrote: »

That said i've been shocked to hear what some bouncers have told me is the criteria they are given for letting people in. No norries, no poles, not too many blacks etc. Its a ****ty old job really.

Stop, it would break your heart like. I'm from a council estate on the northside and I had to enforce a policy discriminating against people like me, a ridiculous situation to be honest.

At the end of the day a pub owner is also selling a certain "scene". If this scene isn't appealing to a certain clientele you won't make any money. For instance the scene in Rearden's is strongly rural and as such the management are keen to keep it that way. Hence after complaints by their usual clientele about the amount of "for'ners" in there they decided to turn away groups blacks and Eastern Europeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

maybe its our culture, but i've been on nights out in other countries and while the security are strict on behaviour(which is how it should be) they don't treat you like a criminal for wanting to be a customer in their establishment

i'm lucky i haven't had too many bad experiences, just the usual stuff of them randomly changing the age restriction. places like the bailey will let me in one night and then if i go back the exact same time and day a week later they will tell me its "24's" or something completely random

one night i was chatting to a bouncer and when i went back a few weeks later he recognised me but assumed i looked familiar cause i was a trouble maker(i've never been kicked out of a place) and he wouldn't let me in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

EyeSight wrote: »
    one night i was chatting to a bouncer and when i went back a few weeks later he recognised me but assumed i looked familiar cause i was a trouble maker(i've never been kicked out of a place) and he wouldn't let me in

I've a buddy who used to get that a lot, half the places he would go to would look at him funny while checking his ID and asking did they kick him out before. Aparently there is someone with a similar name and look who goes around acting the maggot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I rang the next day to complain about it, because to be honest my friends felt humiliated and it ruined our night. It went straight to answer machine and my call wasn't returned.

We still go there because its where most of my social group go on nights out. There aren't any other decent nightclubs in the city, apparently Gorby's is okay but its full of youngsters.

I'm not into clubs myself, but what about places like the Liquid Lounge, the place above An Bróg, but below Gorby's (not sure if this place is still opened, but it was 21s), the Pav etc.? Or late pubs?
    Sad that we keep having to return to a place where we're only welcome if the bouncers are in the right humour, but there aren't many other options.

Ye don't have to go there. Ye choose to. If ye felt that it was the only place to go, ye could've followed it up after ye didn't get through the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    I'm not into clubs myself, but what about places like the Liquid Lounge, the place above An Bróg, but below Gorby's (not sure if this place is still opened, but it was 21s), the Pav etc.? Or late pubs?

Both clubs above brog are now closed, apparently one of them is coming back as a wine bar in a few months....I don't see it working.

I wonder which is lower in order, a bouncer or a clamper?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Sad that we keep having to return to a place where we're only welcome if the bouncers are in the right humour, but there aren't many other options.

This statement is mind-boggling! What?!

How do you know what the other options are if you don't check them out? And as the other poster said above, you don't have to go there: you choose to. Fool me once, shame on you etc.

Frankly, if people hate the place that much and continue to keep frequenting it, then it's their bloody fault. Maybe they just love complaining. If their customers are willing to put up with it, then why should they change?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Never had any bother with the lads on the door. They have always been pleasant with me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I was going in there last night and one of the bouncers said to make sure that nobody talked to me. Sure enough everybody avoided me for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

eternal wrote: »
    I was going in there last night and one of the bouncers said to make sure that nobody talked to me. Sure enough everybody avoided me for the night.

What?

Actually this thread reminds me of one particular Friday night at 23:00 ish. I used to work for a service type company, our products were important, actually very important to pubs and clubs.
    So my pager......see a long time ago...goes off, I get to a phone and I ring a certain large pub by the GPO. The boss man in there, one of the owners as well actually, advised me of his technical fault and it had to be dealt with asap.
    So there I was a very young looking 22 year old, sober as a judge, but not dressed as someone on the town as such.
    I jump into my van, drive into town, parked up on the mall, grabbed a few tools and put them in my jacket pocket and walked to this pub.
    So up to the door i went and i was stopped by a bouncer, 'not tonight,' says he, so I told him my story. He did not believe me, he actually said I was too drunk :confused:.
    So I said fair enough, went back up to the phone boxes outside the GPO and I rang the boss guy inside in the bar. I told him my story and if I put down here what he called your man, I would be banned I'd say. So he told me to go back to that door, this I did and I was met by him, it was one of the most enjoyable moments in my career, watching that bouncer getting the head chewed off him that night.:D

Bodega doormen are the worse I've come across, I never have any issues anywhere else except for there.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭youneverknow

I got stopped one night in the city, 'after too much drink' but that never happened again lol

Namlub wrote: »

What?
    It happens to me a lot. People are warned not to talk to me. Just saying that the bouncer said this as I was going in. Then nobody spoke to me in there. I'm using simple english so don't pretend you don't understand me.

It happens to me a lot. People are warned not to talk to me. Just saying that the bouncer said this as I was going in. Then nobody spoke to me in there. I'm using simple english so don't pretend you don't understand me.

I don't have a clue what you're on about either.

What people?:confused::confused:

Everyone, people, all of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Have you told your doctor about this?

• Advertisement

54kroc wrote: »

Have you told your doctor about this?
    Excuse me, it's not something a doctor is going to help with. I'm not crazy or anything, this has been going on for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Excuse me, it's not something a doctor is going to help with. I'm not crazy or anything, this has been going on for ages.

Sorry I'm not trying to say your crazy, but what your saying is a little unusual.

54kroc wrote: »

Sorry I'm not trying to say your crazy, but what your saying is a little unusual.
    Tell me about it, I'm the one who has to live with it. What was I supposed to say to the bouncer? Unless I wanted to get barred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Tell me about it, I'm the one who has to live with it. What was I supposed to say to the bouncer? Unless I wanted to get barred.

So you're saying that people constantly warn others not to talk to you? This makes no sense whatsoever.

So you're saying that people constantly warn others not to talk to you? This makes no sense whatsoever.
    Honestly, why would I lie? The bouncer said to make sure nobody talked to me. This happens to me alot. It's worse for me cos I have to live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I think the bouncers in reardens are gentlemen.

IMO the bouncers in Dublin city centre are Ten times worse than the Cork ones.

Some of them are very ignorant and rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Wow it's a real mystery that people don't talk to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

CRAAAZZZZZZYYYYYY

votecounts wrote: »
    CRAAAZZZZZZYYYYYY
    It is easy to laugh at me but you wouldn't be laughing if it was happening to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Sorry but why would you want to be in a pub where they do that to you ???? Why do the bouncers do this to you? How do you get a drink if they don't talk to you? ... I'm finding this a bit hard to understand

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement