Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC didn't honour upc.ie/boardsoffer incentives

• 12-06-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Convinced my housemates to go with UPC, the €50 voucher was what swung it for the girl that has taken the bill in her name. The service has been installed for a few weeks now.

UPC called to inform her that she will not be eligible for the voucher.

UPC originally rang her while she was at work. They agreed to ring back at another time. They didn't. She rang twice more, asking for a callback, to ensure she didn't complicate the situation and get refused the voucher.

She was assured at the time of ordering that she would receive the voucher.

Has anyone else been ripped off?

Boards will do themselves no favours associating with them if this is common.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Convinced my housemates to go with UPC, the €50 voucher was what swung it for the girl that has taken the bill in her name. The service has been installed for a few weeks now.

UPC called to inform her that she will not be eligible for the voucher.

UPC originally rang her while she was at work. They agreed to ring back at another time. They didn't. She rang twice more, asking for a callback, to ensure she didn't complicate the situation and get refused the voucher.

She was assured at the time of ordering that she would receive the voucher.

Has anyone else been ripped off?

Boards will do themselves no favours associating with them if this is common.

what reason did UPC give

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Did UPC give a reason as to why she wouldn't receive the voucher?I take it it's the deal in the bargain alert section of boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

WIZE wrote: »
    what reason did UPC give
    Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Did UPC give a reason as to why she wouldn't receive the voucher?I take it it's the deal in the bargain alert section of boards

Not ordered through upc.ie/boardsoffer.

They rang the day after the form at upc.ie/boardsoffer was submitted. She was at work and couldn't take the call. UPC rep agreed to call back the following day no problem. They didn't.

They then sent her an email asking for proof of address etc. There was no internet in the house or at her work and she wasn't expecting them to make contact by email.

When she did read the email, she sent the proof and detailed the package she wanted and requested that they call her like they said they would to confirm.

They neither replied to the email nor did they phone to confirm.

We called UPC a number of times requesting a callback from whichever rep it was. There was no word for weeks.

Eventually I got somebody to ring, but it evidently was not the same person, which is why they are now refusing to give the voucher.

Also, it was something like 5 or 6 weeks between contacting them and them delivering the router. There was still a problem with the service then, but to be fair, that couldn't be helped and it was fixed by an engineer the following day.

I had enough nonsense from UPC already. A previous tenant fecked off without paying the bill, which was in his own fúcking name anyway (we knew what he was at, so we paid the bills we knew of directly to Airtricity etc.) That was fine, let him off to fúck. He put MY phone number as the contact number on the account without my permission. I receive 17 phone calls before I was able to convince UPC to piss off and leave me alone.

Edit:
    Davy wrote: »

Done. Thanks.

Advertisement