Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Sky hound their customers as much as UPC ?

Options
  • 12-06-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭

I have UPC digital television. My phone and broadband are with Eircom. That's the way I like to keep it. However I keep getting bombarded with phone calls from UPC offering me their phone and broadband package. I've said no at least 30 times. I've just had a cheeky young wan to the door offering the UPC package again, during a football match. It's the last straw, or close to it. Do Sky annoy their customers as much ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mama.

We are with upc for the past 9 years and they have never once contacted us! Like you, my phone and broadband are with the other crowd....tell you what, you watch the football and send the people round to me and I'll take them in for a chat until the football finishes!!! DH is watching it and baby asleep, so I'm bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

I got a phone call from Sky on the Sunday of that miserable bank holiday weekend we had. That was annoying. To be fair though, if I had an option to not paying line rental to Eircom on lines that are already well paid for I would take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I have a monitored house alarm so need the landline from Eircom for that

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

I've been with sky for over 10 years and they have never contacted me with offers or anything. Only time I heard from them is when I rang them with an issue etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Can you not just ask UPC not to ring you? Or ask for your number to be deleted from their records?
    Sky rings sometimes trying to sell their movie packages, maybe 1-2 a year. Been with UPC (phone/internet) a while and they've never rang me.
    Was with Vodafone before and they've never rang since I left. Worst is Eircom, been with them 1 month in total (only to get the line setup). They keep ringing to sell packages even though they're never as competitive as vodafone or upc. So if you don't like getting these phone calls (and like paying more for your phone/broadband;-) I would advice you not to leave eircom...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well Sky don't have broadband and phone here yet so I doubt they'd bother you as much. I also got a great deal off them recently, same price as UPC and find the picture and recording quality much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Been with UPC ( Internet / tv ) for around 8 years, probs my been cled around 6 or 7 times in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

My parents have had sky for about 10 years and I have had it for a good three or four years. None of use have been contacted by them with offers bar maybe three letters a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'm with UPC (TV and b'band) and for years I used to get calls asking me to take their phone package as well. All it took to stop was one request which I did after a call one time. And to be fair to them they haven't called back since.

However the odd time I ring them up with a fault or a question or something, they always try and flog it to me again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Assassins Creed

Dropped UPC last year, digital service was crap. Customer service is worse. Sky are far superior both in quality and customer service.

Contacted upc to have my phone number removed, got calls for a long time after. Sick of them cold calling. Have never had any harrassment from sky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

Had sky for over over 10 yrs . No phone calls . zilch. :)

The neighbors have UPC and are unhappy. So i shall stay with sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

I have had UPC for about 4 years and they have never called me at all.

Never had a problem with them either. I do have sky calling into me a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

UPC rang me countless times as the only package i was not receiving was the home phone, i asked them to remove me from there calling list, which they have to do. Since then (3 months), i have not received a single call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

IF any company is calling you with marketing calls just tell them to stop. Get removed from their marketing database, and you won't hear from them again. If they do keep ringing you after that you can submit a complaint to Comreg about them.

Having said that, switch your phone and broadband to UPC, as it will save you a fortune over what you're paying to eircom. You don't need the landline for the alarm either, as you can ask them to install a GSM dialler for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

we are with sky 4 years in that time we got about 4 offer letters in the post and no calls,

each offer we availed of so i cannot complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I had UPC for just the cable but kept getting hounded to sign up to phone and broadband. I eventually caved and signed up. I had Magnet for phone and broadband before and I'm saving money now that I have all 3 with UPC. I also have a house alarm and had no problem getting that hooked up to the new router. Only slight problem I had was with the wifi but after I changed some settings around, it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I have Emobile and music hub as well. That's other reasons why I don't want to give up Eircom

Advertisement