Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teams for motogp 2013

• 12-06-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

So, Lorenzo finally signed his 2 year contract with Yamaha, Stoner is out of the equation, and the Rookie Rule is about an inch from being abolished. Any predictions on teams for 2013?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Rossi back to HRC Honda?? (it could happen if Ducati dont listen to him and Burgess)

Yamaha get rid of Spies and either Dovi or Crutchlow (Tech 3 Yamaha) get Spies Factory M1 for next year??

Edwards to retire too??

Doesnt Bradley Smith (currently in Moto2) have a MotoGP ride secured for next year with Tech 3??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lots of rumors going around about Mr Rossi, strong talk of him getting into racing cars. Which TBH is very possible, he said himself he would like to finish his career in motorsports (cars) so maybe sooner then later. F1 is out of the question but the DTM and touring cars not to mention rally are not.

The amount of you tube vids of him racing cars is unreal. Also possible him going to BSB/WSB.....

If Casey Moaner goes I would get S Bradl.....what a Gem of a rider!

Stoner is off to race in the Australian V8 Supecar series next year.

Hes following in the footsteps of a certain Mr Wayne Gardener.

Bradhl is a good rider allright,credit given where credit is due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Suzuki to return with an inline 4, and one of the near aliens to get that ride.
    Bradl to ride a Repsol Honda, Marquez to Repsol Honda (Ezpeleta to back down)
    Crutchlow to Factory Yamaha, Spies to Tech3 Yamaha.
    Dovi to stay in Tech3
    Pedrosa depends on results could stay in Repsol or be gone to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

I reckon Spies will be dumped, he's had a horrible season so far, and that Crutchlow will get his bike. Bradl is going with tech 3.

Strong rumours of Honda dropping Pedrosa, that would be interesting. If they succeed with the Rookie Rule being abolished, then Marquez will take stoners bike. Perhaps Dovi will go to honda then.

I think Rossi will stay where he is, but I think Hayden may make a move to another team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Pipz wrote: »
    I reckon Spies will be dumped, he's had a horrible season so far, and that Crutchlow will get his bike. Bradl is going with tech 3.

Strong rumours of Honda dropping Pedrosa, that would be interesting. If they succeed with the Rookie Rule being abolished, then Marquez will take stoners bike. Perhaps Dovi will go to honda then.

I think Rossi will stay where he is, but I think Hayden may make a move to another team.

Hmmm...Hayden back to Honda maybe? Spies isn't a bad pilot, he's just had sh!t luck recently. I reckon Cal will get Ben's ride though. I'd LOVE to see Marquez on the Honda with Bradl as hos team mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Hmmm...Hayden back to Honda maybe? Spies isn't a bad pilot, he's just had sh!t luck recently. I reckon Cal will get Ben's ride though. I'd LOVE to see Marquez on the Honda with Bradl as hos team mate.

mmm.....Not feeling that Lorenzo would take too kindly to being beaten/partnered by a Brit......
    Rossi /Edwards should retire gracefully.......
    Cant see Dovi back with honda tbh....i think he likes the Yam....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,412 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sick of hearing bollocks every year about how Rossi is going to race cars.
    He's already said he'll do two more years in MotoGP so the only question is which team.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

ninja900 wrote: »
    Sick of hearing bollocks every year about how Rossi is going to race cars.
    He's already said he'll do two more years in MotoGP so the only question is which team.

LMAO, like he cant change his mind at a moments notice for a sponsorship deal for cotton buds or whatever the **** he would sell. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 skippergonzo

Bradley smith is nothing special
    ben spies is an amazing pilot
    rossi couldnt care less id say he has every excuse just to tour around where he is until his bank account is full
    bye bye stoner hate u anyway
    that is all !

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

would really like to see Cal or Spies get a podium this year

surprised at the conviction of stoner's statement to retire, i think he enjoys winning more then he lets on

Smith won't get a MotoGP ride next year. On current form he'll be lucky to have a Moto2 ride.

Scrap the cap!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LMAO, like he cant change his mind at a moments notice for a sponsorship deal for cotton buds or whatever the **** he would sell. :rolleyes:

Does the fact that this 'boy crying wolf' story has cropped up every season for years now with no truth in it whatsoever not set off any alarm bells for you at all?

MCN will print any old crap.

Scrap the cap!

According to British Eurosport and also Setanta Ireland,Mark Marquez has allready signed for Repsol Honda for next year,as the rookie rule is gone out the window for next season.

Marquez on the Repsol Honda should be interesting to watch.

paddy147 wrote: »
    According to British Eurosport and also Setanta Ireland,Mark Marquez has allready signed for Repsol Honda for next year,as the rookie rule is gone out the window for next season.

Really? I heard talk of it alright. Nice one!
    paddy147 wrote: »
    Marquez on the Repsol Honda should be interesting to watch.

YES!!!! He's a gutsy little f**ker! He'll show them how it's done! There should be some great battles with him and Lorenzo so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Carraig Fhearghais

If rookie rule away, then Johnny Rea must have a chance for a Honda seat!
    :)

If rookie rule away, then Johnny Rea must have a chance for a Honda seat!
    :)

It'd be nice to see him on something like the San Carlo Gresini alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

YES!!!! He's a gutsy little f**ker! He'll show them how it's done! There should be some great battles with him and Lorenzo so!

Might be able to put it up to Lorenzo but I don't think it'll be next year. I'm going to put big money on Lorenzo for next years championship. Now that Stoners gone there's nobody to touch him for next season at least. After that, well, we'll just have to wait and see

I'm going to put big money on Lorenzo for next years championship. Now that Stoners gone there's nobody to touch him for next season at least. After that, well, we'll just have to wait and see

Next year?? I reckon Lorenzo will walk it THIS year unless Stoner sorts himself out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kido Fazer 1

Next year?? I reckon Lorenzo will walk it THIS year unless Stoner sorts himself out!
    Not a chance. Go On #99 :D

Not a chance. Go On #99 :D

I hate to admit it - but I tend to agree! :P :(

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

We have entered the Lorenzo era?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

We have entered the Lorenzo era?

Unless Rossi signs back to Honda/Yamaha. :P. But then again, I think Marquez and Crutchlow will both give him a run for his money next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kido Fazer 1

Pipz wrote: »
    Unless Rossi signs back to Honda/Yamaha. :P. But then again, I think Marquez and Crutchlow will both give him a run for his money next year.
    I don't think so.:p Lorenzo is just getting better all the time. Look at his style, he looks like he's out for a Sunday spin.:D

Advertisement