Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs in dublin??

• 12-06-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey there,
    Me and my friends were just wondering where would be a good nightclub to hit in town this Saturday ?
    One of us is 18 the other two are 19.
    We are all college students so we need somewhere that is cheap admission and reasonable drink prices :)
    any help is much appreciated thanks!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Q bar just beside o connell bridge seems to be popular with the young crowd.i went twice and never had to pay in,drinks were regular pub prices 4:50 ish a pint of lager/guinness

theres also diceys on hardcourt street,ive heard nothing but good reports from it and the drink is cheap on certain nights but its hard to get into it,ive always been refused so far and im 29

theres another great place on hardcourt street called d/Two ive been in it once and had a great night,id recomend that to anyone,its a huge bar with a huge indoorish type smoking area and then at 11 or so you can go downstairs to their nightclub section or stay up in the bar area.if you were drinking in the bar area from 9 or 10 ish then u dont have to pay into the nightclub but if you come later u have to pay in 10 euro..drinks are same as pubs 4:50 ish for a pint.check it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

CyberJuice made a good recommendation of Diceys and D2. Other places to check out would be the Village, the Palace and the Button Factory. They all have Facebook pages.

However, from my experience I'd try to avoid Q Bar and 21s as much as possible. They are both shítholes and you wouldn't get the best of crowds in there.

Source: 20 year old college student :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

What's going on in The Academy on Abbey STreet these days? that was a pretty good spot for younger folk a couple of years ago.

Andrews Lane Theatre.

And that place under Powerscourt that used to be Sin (not Pygmalion) which name escapes me usually have young crowds too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hanley wrote: »

And that place under Powerscourt that used to be Sin (not Pygmalion) which name escapes me usually have young crowds too?

Lost Society it's called these days.

Diceys/D2/Palace are all over 20/21s on Saturdays, likewise with Flannerys and Coppers before anyone suggests them.

Button Factory/The Village are 18s. Academy has Propaganda on a Saturday (upstairs) which would be Indie, etc... which is usually good. There's another night in the middle floor in the Academy on a Saturday called Hu$$le, 90s/Hip Hop type night.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

What would be the easiest place to score a girl in you guys opinion? (technically every place if you know how to do it, obviously, but regardless)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

The palace is probably your best bet if you want to pull. That or coppers

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Super_Sazzo

Rhand wrote: »
    What would be the easiest place to score a girl in you guys opinion? (technically every place if you know how to do it, obviously, but regardless)

Em FYI we are girls.
    All we want is to have a change of scenery! We dont want to 'pull' we just want reasonable drinks and good music :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Good music in Dublin? Where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

For something a little more "upmarket and chic" try Howl at the Moon.
    Nice place this.

Also someone already said Q-bar. I second this, also nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I would have said Coppers but its 20's/21's on weekends. You could always chance it and hope you get a sound bouncer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Last time I was in Village on a saturday I really enjoyed it but there was a good crowd out, I was in it the previous night as well and it was shockingly bad. I personally hate coppers but if you go with a good group of people then its bearable! Not the biggest fan of Palace either but other people seem to like it. Have no idea what Diceys or Dtwo are like on saturdays but I tend to normally really enjoy those places. I drove by Q-bar last saturday around 1 a.m. and didnt look like a young crowd at all, wouldnt advise 21's either but maybe I have just outgrown that place (24). I havnt been to tripod since I was like 18-19 so I cant advise on that place. Krystal is ok but again not sure about saturdays. I heard there is some sort of festival on this weekend anyway so town should be busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭cson

FYI the last time I was there The Villages current Saturday night event is a heavily publicised 22+ age event. They even advertise it as a "no kids" place on their promo posters for the night.

Advertisement