Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you succeed at work when.......

• 12-06-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭

you're not willing to lick arse and be a false twat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I don't work in a brothel so this isn't an issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Sleep with the boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

You don't. Licking arse is all part of climbing your way to success, at which point you are rewarded by having lots of people try and lick yours.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

You own the company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Iron will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I don't work in a brothel so this isn't an issue for me.
    God dammit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

By stop wasting time on the internet and getting to the work!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Work for yourself?
    Get a job that doesn't involve that many people?
    I don't know - I'd love to know the answer myself - I know exactly what you're saying.

By stop wasting time on the internet and getting to the work!!
    Lickarse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Choose a job that can't be done by just anyone and be good at it.

If your job could be done by Jacyntha from the flats, get on your knees now and start sucking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Just go around telling people what to do. Do it with enough confidence and people won't question you. You'll be promoted in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    .... be a false twat.

I used to work in a subway shop where you had to wear a foam meatball sub suit and hand out flyers.... so do you work in the rotunda then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...ride the boss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Find something to blackmail somebody with.

Just go around telling people what to do. Do it with enough confidence and people won't question you. You'll be promoted in no time.

Is this how you took over Moo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

If you are good at your job you will not need to do the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

hondasam wrote: »
    If you are good at your job you will not need to do the above.

....depending where you work.

Choose a job that can't be done by just anyone and be good at it.

If your job could be done by Jacyntha from the flats, get on your knees now and start sucking.
    I have a fairly high skilled job. Think I'll just have to be ruthless and start fcukin people over.

Is this how you took over Moo?

Absolutely. One day I just peremptorily commanded three young lads on the street to carry my litter.

Of course I didn't actually have a litter so they just carried me to the bus stop in their arms, but I've never looked back from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

be really good at what you do. You can then pretty much be any way you like as long as what you do makes money, either for your company, or saves your customers a major headache. I've always told it like it is and treat pretty much everyone the same but on the flip side, I'm a bstard to work. You can pretty much take me or leave me on the personality front-I don't try and be your buddy - most clients don't care, the ones that do can fcuk right off.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Nodin wrote: »
    ....depending where you work.

That's true I suppose. Sometimes the right person is overlooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

How can you soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys.

crazygeryy wrote: »

Be an eagle.

crazygeryy wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV6539XsWrc

Your statement reminded me of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Contracting FTW! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Give 150% - work harder than everyone else, never complain, always volunteer for all the sh1t jobs, get into work first in the morning and be the last to leave. Most of all, hope the boss notices........

TBH, it's easier to lick arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Maybe you could try falsing arse and licking twat instead?

You're welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Give 150% - work harder than everyone else, never complain, always volunteer for all the sh1t jobs, get into work first in the morning and be the last to leave. Most of all, hope the boss notices........

Will you be delighted you did all that on your deathbed?
    Unless you love your job, I doubt it and you will probably die 'early' due to the stress of wanting to be 'loved'...

TBH, it's easier to lick arse.

Doesn't work, the arse licker will still get all the recognition...

Just do what you can and be happy with what you have... If your jobs requires you to lick arses to move ahead, then it really isn't worth your time, as long as you're getting paid to do it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If your boss got where he/she is by licking arse, then the cycle will continue ad infinitum.

Your only hope can be change job, assuming you want your dignity intact.

Birroc wrote: »
    Will you be delighted you did all that on your deathbed?
    Unless you love your job, I doubt it and you will probably die 'early' due to the stress of wanting to be 'loved'...

I don't do it, read the last part of my post.
    Doesn't work, the arse licker will still get all the recognition...

Exactly, it's always the easiest and most successful route. Work is just a means of financing your personal life - make it as hassle free as possible.

Exactly, it's always the easiest and most successful route. Work is just a means of financing your personal life - make it as hassle free as possible.

It still takes skill to lick arses.

I really don't know how to do that which is one reason why I always get left behind... I guess I'm just too shy to push myself forward though, I never ask anyone for anything...

You do need a certain amount of balls to go ahead and suck upto someone and then have the confidence to make sure you're not gonna make an arse out of yourself and then have the wits to get ahead by doing it too.

Its a whole different set of skills themselves. Too bad they don't teach that in college along with all the other crap they teach you although you can still see the "good" students quickly learning these skills and getting ahead of others in college too and then they continue that at their workplace...

It still takes skill to lick arses.

I really don't know how to do that which is one reason why I always get left behind... I guess I'm just too shy to push myself forward though, I never ask anyone for anything...

You do need a certain amount of balls to go ahead and suck upto someone and then have the confidence to make sure you're not gonna make an arse out of yourself and then have the wits to get ahead by doing it too.

Its a whole different set of skills themselves. Too bad they don't teach that in college along with all the other crap they teach you although you can still see the "good" students quickly learning these skills and getting ahead of others in college too and then they continue that at their workplace...

Just start by agreeing with the right people - it's amazing how egotistical people at the top can be. You openly agree with them and eventually they see you as someone who is similar to them, pretty soon they approach you more and more.

Take an acting class, public speaking course etc to help overcome your shyness. Improving your self confidence often begins with learning how to feign self confidence.

I noticed in some of your previous posts that you are quite hard on yourself, unfortunately people will notice this and see this as a lack of ability. It's easy to say but take yourself out of your comfort zone and you may surprise yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Make yourself as irreplaceable as possible. Especially if you are in Ireland, most places I worked there my colleagues did their shift and nothing more. They didn't take initiative or volunteer to teach themselves new things etc.

If you do that, you don't have to be kissing up or paying any lip service to anybody and you then become a potentially bigger loss to the company and so they will try to keep you happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Write code that nobody can maintain or even understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

Always have excel open......you'll look like a ****ing genius and nobody will even attempt to question you.

Advertisement