Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from airsoft forum

Options
  • 12-06-2012 9:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11

I was banned a few days ago and even after talking to the mods about this I was told to post here.
    Below is the messege I sent to steve, I feel it outlines correctly my argument in trying to get my account back.

Steve,
    Can I first say I feel the manner in which moderators deal with issues on this site can be quite appalling at times.
    For example I'm listening, make it good' this infers an elitist idea against Yeh end user of this site, and it might partly be the reason why the moderators are looked at badly at times. Secondly; as I said in my original messege I was purely making an offer on the item for sale. Just because I was part of a thread that was very quickly thrown into discourse dies not mean I am at fault. I made am offer and went on to make a joke as I know the seller and have dealt with him before. He made no case against what I had said, nor did any one on that thread. I fail to see what I have done wrong, and seeing as I am currently in the middle of selling some items myself, I feel this ban has disrupted me absolutely.
    I hope you can see the error in this, and revoke your decisions to Permanently Ban me. On a side note, C0RPS3R had no say on that tread, I cannot understand what that name was banned swells, especially as it was already banned.

Yours sincerely,

FR00B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hey FR00B myself and my fellow cmods will look into this. Please be patient

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 FR00B

Hey FR00B myself and my fellow cmods will look into this. Please be patient

Thanks, appreciate it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

FR00B wrote: »
    I was banned a few days ago and even after talking to the mods about this I was told to post here.
    Below is the messege I sent to steve, I feel it outlines correctly my argument in trying to get my account back.

Please be advised that Steve claims that he did not receive the PM you posted on this DRP. It is strongly recommended that you revisit the first stage of the DRP process to see if this appeal can be resolved there, before continuing here. So please PM Steve, and begin that exchange.

I'm sorry man, but that just isn't true.
    Please see below Steve's' responses to the PM I stated at the start.

Steve wrote:
    FR00B wrote:
    Steve, Can I first say I feel the manner in which moderators deal with issues on this site can be quite appalling at times. For example 'im listening, make it good' this infers an elitist idea against Yeh end user of this site, and it might partly be the reason why the moderators are looked at badly at times. Secondly; as I said in my original messege I was purely making an offer on the item for sale. Just because I was part of a thread that was very quickly thrown into discourse dies not mean I am at fault. I made am offer and went on to make a joke as I know the seller and have dealt with him before. He made no case against what I had said, nor did any one on that thread. I fail to see what I have done wrong, and seeing as I am currently in the middle of selling some items myself, I feel this ban has disrupted me absolutely. I hope you can see the error in this, and revoke your decisions to Permanently Ban me. On a side note, C0RPS3R had no say on that tread, I cannot understand what that name was banned swells, especially as it was already banned. Yours sincerely, FR00B
    Hi FROOB,
    I'll review this in detail again tomorrow and get back to you.

I assure you I have no personal bias against anyone here - my interests are purely the improvement and continuance of the the Airsoft forum.

Thanks,
    Steve.

Steve wrote:
    Hi,

I've reviewed this again and if you want to appeal this ban then please avail of the DRP process as outlined in your ban pm.

Thanks.

Steve.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hiya Fr00b,

Black Swan asked me to reply here.

My sincere apologies, when I searched my PM's, I didn't realise your username was spelled with zereos instead of o's so it came up blank - my mistake there.

As I said in pm to the cmods, boards modutils linked your account and IP address to two other users that were posting in that thread - perhaps the next step would be to explain to them why that happened and which accounts you think the system may have linked to you :).

Thanks again,
    Steve.

• Advertisement

I've asked the admins to do some comparisons on accounts an IP's as well just so we are clear.

Fr00b please bear with us on this.

I will, but have no Idea what your on about.
    There should be no other accounts on my IP.

I think this can be closed admins. FR00Bwill be taking a while off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement