Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone driving from Kilkenny to Ballyragget?

Options
  • 12-06-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey everyone!

Just recently moved to Kilkenny and wondered did anyone drive from/through Kilkenny city to Glanbia in Ballyragget on a Monday to Friday basis that would like to bring a passenger in return for petrol money? :-) it would hopefully only be for a month or so, while I learn to drive!!!! :-)

Alternatively, anyone ever heard of a way to commute via public transport? :-s

Happy Tuesday to ye and looking forward to hopefully hearing from ye!

Fi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

there's public transport in local busses alright but i doubt the times would suit for work purposes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not a massive help as neither of you drive, but there is someone else in the same predicament as you here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056667440

Unless you know each other already? Always nice to have someone you know on first day of school in new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Learning to drive and passing your test in a month? best of luck with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 iAmMine

I'm starting in Ballyragget myself on Monay week, in the same learning-to-drive-predicament, I asked the guy that gave me my final interview he said there'd be a good amount heading out there every day so if you get to know people should be alright but only problem might be if you're working late really. I thought about maybe cycling it, mapped it on Google Maps, quickly shot down that idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Hey everyone!

Just recently moved to Kilkenny and wondered did anyone drive from/through Kilkenny city to Glanbia in Ballyragget on a Monday to Friday basis that would like to bring a passenger in return for petrol money? :-) it would hopefully only be for a month or so, while I learn to drive!!!! :-)

Fi

Where in Kilkenny are you living & which dept. in Ballyragget will you be working in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 fifilasparkle

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Fi

Where in Kilkenny are you living & which dept. in Ballyragget will you be working in?
    Oops, joys of lack of internet, so apologies for late reply!!! Yay to new recruit starting too.. I'm sure we will meet In the coming weeks.

@Benny, actually found a lift from one of the People in my building but I work in commercial ! :-)

Thanks again everyone!!! happy Friday to ye all!!!! :-)

Fi

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Oops, joys of lack of internet, so apologies for late reply!!! Yay to new recruit starting too.. I'm sure we will meet In the coming weeks.

@Benny, actually found a lift from one of the People in my building but I work in commercial ! :-)

Thanks again everyone!!! happy Friday to ye all!!!! :-)

Fi

I would strongly recommend you don't write here where you work as you never know what class of lunatic might show up.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I would strongly recommend you don't write here where you work as you never know what class of lunatic might show up.

I hope this isn't directed at me. I was only looking to assist the op as per their query.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

No Benny, I think Havoc speaks from personal experience.

ft9 wrote: »
    No Benny, I think Havoc speaks from personal experience.

Cheers. That clears it up....

• Advertisement
Advertisement