Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stealing from the drinks trolley

Options
  • 12-06-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I was on a flight recently and was just thinking how easy it would be to rob either cash or items from the drinks / food trolley. Anyone ever do it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

yeah and then i got really drunk and spent the rest of the money on a flight home

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

In such a confined space it'd be pretty easy to get caught.

And I'd imagine if you were caught, the rest of the flight would be in no way awkward or embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

No I wouldn't bother. I know they can be expensive but I don't think this would be a good answer to that. Just wait until you land and get it cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

why would you potentially wreck a holiday for the sake of a few quid.

criminality at its dumbest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Aren't drinks free on planes anyway??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Drinks are always free for me, in business class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

You are bound to fail OP, in so many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

biko wrote: »
    Drinks are always free for me, in business class.

Is this one of the perks of being a mod. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

you should go for it, then rob some biscuits from your local shop, burgularise your next door neighbour and ride your brothers wife, embezzle a few grand from work, and then start a thread about what it feels like to be a small time cnut. There's just not enough of them sort of threads these days, we need more. Go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

With behaviour like this it's no wonder Castlebar airport was shut down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Youre in a confined space, with lots of people around you. Someone is bound to see you.

But please wait until August, book a flight to florida, just so I can be there and laugh at you, that would be hilarious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hope OP is not a pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No, for points already made above - and frankly, its not worth the hassle, the name you might get, the charges, the chance of bad publicity, the chance of being further barred from airlines, etc...
    For what? For a quick freebie drink? No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

In such a confined space it'd be pretty easy to get caught.

And I'd imagine if you were caught, the rest of the flight would be in no way awkward or embarrassing.

Quite difficult to execute a clean getaway too;).

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I thought they got extra cash from blowing businessmen in the forward galley? Things must have moved on. Shame.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

On a related note, a mate recently showed me how easy it is to shoplift in Tescos, if you bring a bag and go to the self service checkout.

Somethings have tags on them though not sure which, I've never done it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

No wouldn't want to get thrown off. Might be more tempting on the train

Nah, I'm not a thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CastlebarMan

Now I did not say that I would steal just asking would anybody else steal.
    I was on a Trans - Atlantic flight before with a couple of student mates where one guy actually scored some smoke on the flight. This off course was before 911. Just felt like sharing !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Will you have a parachute ready for a getaway?

Now I did not say that I would steal just asking would anybody else steal.
    I was on a Trans - Atlantic flight before with a couple of student mates where one guy actually scored some smoke on the flight. This off course was before 911. Just felt like sharing !
    You go do your own stealing and stop trying to groom AH'ers, Fagan. Next you'll be looking for someone oriental to accompany you for free to restaurants. Pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CastlebarMan

Gotta pick a pocket or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

The flight attendant forgot to ask me for my money once on a Ryanair flight. I sat there with the money in the palm of my hand and thought should I remind them . Nahhh it's scabby Ryanair. The airline which canceled so many of my flights and did'nt look after me when I was stranded before. The airline which shook me down for 40 Euro at the airport to print out a boarding pass when my existing boarding pass got a bit torn. I only use them to save money. Well that time I saved a few Euro for a coffee and a cola. Premeditated deliberate obvious thievery is something else though. Don't do it ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Aren't drinks free on flights? Or is that just long-haul flights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Is it as bad as **** on a plane though?

Hey Op, maybe you can steal away and use being fuelled on neurofen as an excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I was on a flight recently and was just thinking how easy it would be to rob either cash or items from the drinks / food trolley. Anyone ever do it?

No. Never even considered it.

But, then ... that's probably because I'm not a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Quite difficult to execute a clean getaway too;).

if they catch me ill open the door and jump out....... take em all out with me...muhahaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I once stole the keys to the airplane and then fell asleep. Joke was on me when I woke up 2 hours later still on the tarmac in Dublin. I pretended I found them in the jacks. *

On the flight I ordered 2 of those tinsey bottles of Jack Daniels and when paying, the air hostess hadn't enough change so only charged me for 1. Saweet. **

* Bullshít
    ** True

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Is it as bad as **** on a plane though?

That's not stealing. It's leaving a surprise gift for the next person who uses the bathroom. ;)

Advertisement