Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert German 2012 Before/After (HL)

Options
  • 12-06-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

German, Friday 9:30 - 12:00

Everyone set for this? Not sure how many people are doing German from boards, but worth a look.

I'm pretty okay about it, not really nervous. Hoping we get some nice conversations and I can sort out my grammar :rolleyes:

All discussion goes here and good luck to everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thecrammer

I'm doing German. TBH I was never worried about it until the mocks, the listening we got was impossible :mad:
    So now I'm kinda worried :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 puttuporshutup

Did terrible in the mocks but it was corrected all wrong, everyone got C's and D's (maybe even worse). I've really been working on it since. Hopefully I can scrape an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

I am going to destroy the paper on friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Layzerman

I think highest in our class was like 60 or something, mock was corrected terribly. I really want an A, and Germans my only subject on Friday, so I'm going to surround myself with German on Thursday !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 silentscreams

got 73% on my mocks. so im pretty ok, not worried. all im studying is the back of the listening book and my letter:-))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

I got 87% in my mocks, hoping to jaysus an easy letter comes up so I don't get a B. Letter is easily my least favourite part of the paper, it's so boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Will the Olympic Games come up?

It came up in the letter in 2011, so they'd hardly put it on again?

I'd say it'll be a reading comprehension maybe, or a note or postcard.

Will the Olympic Games come up?

It came up in the letter in 2011, so they'd hardly put it on again?

I'd say it'll be a reading comprehension maybe, or a note or postcard.

I say it will tbh the question last year was pretty stupid.
    Maybe something on sport or sport in school ?

DaleHyland wrote: »
    I got 87% in my mocks, hoping to jaysus an easy letter comes up so I don't get a B. Letter is easily my least favourite part of the paper, it's so boring.

87%???? Fair play I got 66 :pac:
    I was expecting to get 75-80, but that listening... If the listening is hard, I'm screwed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

thecrammer wrote: »
    87%???? Fair play I got 66 :pac:
    I was expecting to get 75-80, but that listening... If the listening is hard, I'm screwed :(

If I'm to be totally honest with you, I think the listening is quite easy. No terrible Donegal accents, no questions you don't understand, it's all on the page, it's just a matter of knowing it. I'd advise you know how the alphabet is pronounced, learn all the food items for an easy 10 marks in part c. Directions always come up in B, that's 5 marks. The rest can be anything.

• Advertisement

DaleHyland wrote: »
    If I'm to be totally honest with you, I think the listening is quite easy. No terrible Donegal accents, no questions you don't understand, it's all on the page, it's just a matter of knowing it. I'd advise you know how the alphabet is pronounced, learn all the food items for an easy 10 marks in part c. Directions always come up in B, that's 5 marks. The rest can be anything.

Oh I know, the listening WAS my favourite part of the test, usually I got an A in them, but for the mocks... idk something went horribly wrong :confused: think it was the people who made the exam papers fault, because no one in my class got above a C, and everybody lost most marks in the listening... sure if this one's anything like the others in the papers I should be grand :pac: just freaked me out a bit tbh

I love the listening now, it's so easy! I have a weird obsession with the shopping list at the end of Teil C, 10 marks :D

I'm weirdly okay with German, even though I have to get RE and Science done first.. Of course RE would be an exam subject...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mmmaebh

il hopefully get an A in german... i hope sport and health come up in the letter cos iv learnt loads on them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I'm just going over letter topics and so far I have about a job(includes money, helping at home and what you do with your money), school(includes subjects you like&dislike, German class, school day and subjects), about going to a match and concert, my house, pass-times(includes sports, TV and reading) and then about the Olympics and Euro 2012. What else should I cover? Also, can someone give me a simple ending? Thanks

Troxck wrote: »
    I'm just going over letter topics and so far I have about a job(includes money, helping at home and what you do with your money), school(includes subjects you like&dislike, German class, school day and subjects), about going to a match and concert, my house, pass-times(includes sports, TV and reading) and then about the Olympics and Euro 2012. What else should I cover? Also, can someone give me a simple ending? Thanks

Lass bald von dir hören.
    Bis dann
    Dein Troxck :P

You should maybe have something on your area,whats it's like,what can you do there etc.Look at the 2010 letter,the first paragraph,be able to answer that.

paddyzk wrote: »
    Lass bald von dir hören.
    Bis dann
    Dein Troxck :P

You should maybe have something on your area,whats it's like,what can you do there etc.Look at the 2010 letter,the first paragraph,be able to answer that.

Thanks a lot, it may only be one mark but one mark more won't hurt.
    I have a little paragraph on that, thanks. Do you want any paragraphs?

Thanks a lot, it may only be one mark but one mark more won't hurt.
    I have a little paragraph on that, thanks. Do you want any paragraphs?

Euros would be nice please ? :D

Try Ich muss jetzt gehen, ich habe Hausaufgaben zu machen. Schreib bald wieder!.. I think that's right anyway :pac:

Euros would be nice please ? :D

DIE EUROPAMESITERSCHAFT!

Die Europameisterschaft finden dieser jahr in Polen un der Ukraine. Naturlich stutze ich die irische Mannschaft. Es daurt drei Wochen. Naturlichh sehe ich die Europamesiterschaft in Fernsehen. Ich denke das(what team you'll think will win) gewinnt. Mein Lieblingsmannschaft/team ist_____. Spielst du Fussball? Spielt Deutscland auch in der Europameister? Add other sports questions and all that. Is this okay?

Maybe a birthday party an exchange and a language course as well?
    Anyone have a paragraph on the Olympics? I just have the thing about going to it/watching it on TV!

• Advertisement

Anyone have a paragraph on the Olympics? I just have the thing about going to it/watching it on TV!

This might help help.

Ehrlich gesagt,die Iren sind gut im laufen.Besonders Niamh Whealen.Ich sicher,dass sie eine Medaille gewinnen wird.

Zum gluck gehe ich zu den Olmpischspielen.Mein Onkel hat die Karten fur meinem Geburtstag gekauft.Ich kann nicht fur die 100m sprint warten.Ich freue mich darauf.

This might help help.

Ehrlich gesagt,die Iren sind gut im laufen.Besonders Niamh Whealen.Ich sicher,dass sie eine Medaille gewinnen wird.

Zum gluck gehe ich zu den Olmpischspielen.Mein Onkel hat die Karten fur meinem Geburtstag gekauft.Ich kann nicht fur die 100m sprint warten.Ich freue mich darauf.

Vielen Dank :)

Are you learning the formal note?

Nope.
    If it comes up I'll just try haha :P

what formal note? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lauretteg

If you go to the blackrock college website you can download their german notes :) They're really useful for letter writing.

mmmaebh wrote: »

what formal note? :eek:
    It's starts with Sehr Geehrter Damen und Herren. Don't worry I'd say you'll be fine. Hasn't come up before!

that was such a good paper :D i loved it, it was so easy, especially F and G...i really hope i get an A :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhLNWeQgcNARfpEe9U29CedIjmaJtsWlupw3PvEC211h6SCn2b4pA7ojM5NQ

*dances in celebration*
    That was a grand paper, especially the reading comp., went great! :D
    Can't believe the JC is over. Good luck to whoever's doing HE, Music or Tech Graph :pac:
    Adios :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

There was a mistake on the listening... the directions.

He said go straight to the church...etc

Then she says ok, so I go left, then straight to the church... etc

That's a fairly big mistake, unless someone corrects me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Increasing Meteornium

There was a mistake on the listening... the directions.

He said go straight to the church...etc

Then she says ok, so I go left, then straight to the church... etc

That's a fairly big mistake, unless someone corrects me?

Yeah, I think you're right. I noticed it as well. I didn't know what the **** was going on during it.

Advertisement