Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert German 2012 Before/After (HL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Layzerman

There was a mistake on the listening... the directions.

He said go straight to the church...etc

Then she says ok, so I go left, then straight to the church... etc

That's a fairly big mistake, unless someone corrects me?

Yeah I noticed too. I listened to the guy giving the directions though cause your one didn't have a clue what was going on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

Multiple lads in my centre recognised it as well, there was also a typo in the exam. "What did the reviewer re think?" or something like that. Although it didn't affect the exam, the other did. Did anyone notice for E part (iii) in the reading, he had no reason for saying it's boring?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

DaleHyland wrote: »
    Did anyone notice for E part (iii) in the reading, he had no reason for saying it's boring?
    I think the reason was that it was boring, what he thought of the novel was "schade" or something like that.

I think the reason was that it was boring, what he thought of the novel was "schade" or something like that.

Schade means pity, boring was what he thought I think, I just wrote that he didn't give a reason.l

Layzerman wrote: »

Schade means pity, boring was what he thought I think, I just wrote that he didn't give a reason.l
    Crap. :P

• Advertisement

Crap. :P

I could be wrong, I'm not a German god or anything :p

Anyone think that the Monster in a sweet shop eating up everything and a detective called Hugo Clever would make the best novel of all time? The Flashmob comprehension was really weird, and the horse one was just even weirder. They know how to make weird stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭TadhgSk

Our cd got stuck and it took about 15 mins to get a new one working.

Anyone think that the Monster in a sweet shop eating up everything and a detective called Hugo Clever would make the best novel of all time? The Flashmob comprehension was really weird, and the horse one was just even weirder. They know how to make weird stories.

I will find that book.. and I will read it. Even if it doesn't exist, someone needs to write it.

Both comps were really easy compared to other years :cool:

TadhgSk wrote: »

I'm presuming you were allocated extra time? We were given three extra minutes at the end because you had to move centre for listening and then move back again.

• Advertisement

TadhgSk wrote: »
    Yay you're alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thecrammer

Actually, yeah, I heard that too! She said different directions to what he said? He said something like, "go straight on until the church, take the second left.." and she said "okay so I go left here, straight on til the church, second right"... I wrote down what he said but I was really confused :/

I will find that book.. and I will read it. Even if it doesn't exist, someone needs to write it.

Both comps were really easy compared to other years :cool:

The comps were easy enough, but they were just weird . How did you find the listening, I felt they spoke faster then normal, but I could still make it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I was really confused about that too so I wrote go left towards the church.

Anyway, I thought it was fair, no surprises. The letter topics were a bit odd but manageable.

The comps were easy enough, but they were just weird . How did you find the listening, I felt they spoke faster then normal, but I could still make it out.

Yeah, the Flashmob one was unexpected :pac: The listening was grand! I didn't really notice, Teil E was much easier than I thought it would be for a change.

for me the first listen of E was just a shock, I couldn't make it out. Then I got it all out, "Science Adventure in Cologne", I almost lol'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 puttuporshutup

Strange paper. Easy enough, but strange.
    There were a few new letter topics but it was grand.

The postcard was a big surprise, I just wrote about my dog for all of it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Strange paper. Easy enough, but strange.
    There were a few new letter topics but it was grand.

The project one was strange. I just said how I had to do one for Science, that my teacher was helpful and that I was nervous to present it in front of the class. I obviously out in more but you get the idea.

I'm so glad I learned Stirb Langsam 4.0 -Die Hard 4.0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

i noticed 3 mistakes.
    the directions. there was a difference between the man and the woman
    one of the questions said Re in it. typo
    i think e part iii was a mistakes. the reason and what he thoought were the same thing. it said it . Schade, something langweilig. it was boring but didnt say what he thought that i dont think.

Will the directions mistake be in the marking scheme ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Increasing Meteornium

That postcard was the most random thing I've ever seen on an exam paper. I mean, why did they ask us how many hours a day it sleeps? That's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Heard that as well. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Thankfully I had a paragraph on my pet for the letter haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sunshine547

Good exam
    In my mocks I got like 50/150? in the listening but I practiced loads since then I think I did quite well
    I think I have a B for sure and maybe it could be an A? I wanted an A but a B will do!!!:D
    And yeah I noticed the listening thing as well. I went for what the man said.

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    i noticed 3 mistakes.
    i think e part iii was a mistakes. the reason and what he thoought were the same thing. it said it . Schade, something langweilig. it was boring but didnt say what he thought that i dont think.

Don't think the Re was a mistake. It says "Reviewers feeling re book", which can mean reviewers feelings about book, as re means about.
    Just a guess:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lero7

Is menu Spiesekarte or Menü because both of them are in the dictionary under menu?;)

Lero7 wrote: »
    Is menu Spiesekarte or Menü because both of them are in the dictionary under menu?;)

Speisekarte - Menü was put there to trick you. It's too English for Honours German

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lero7

Lero7 wrote: »

Speisekarte - Menü was put there to trick you. It's too English for Honours German

Ok thanks I think Menü is the informal version of it or something :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 lauretteg

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    i noticed 3 mistakes.

I'm so glad someone else noticed this. I thought I heard it wrong cause nobody else in my class heard a difference in the directions!

Advertisement