Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 Best Beer Gardens in Dublin

Options
  • 12-06-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hey Folks, my friend is emigrating to the states in August and as a going away do I was thinking of organising a 12 Beer Gardens of Summer for him.

First off let me acknowledge the points that a) This is extremely juvenile, b) We almost certainly won't get the weather and c) We're a decent enough bunch and while we will be doing a 12 pubs we'll be trying our best not to annoy anyone else!

That been said, I would like to get people's opinions on the best beer gardens in Dublin so if, by some miracle, we get some nice weather, we can do a route that will let us have a beer in each. (i.e. The usual 12 pubs of Christmas craic).

The only requirement is that the beer garden would get a bit of sun if it's out, not just a semi covered smoking area.

The ones I have so far are Crawdaddy, Fagans and maybe D2 but I was never in there during the day to know if it gets any sun.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

You should get 12 cans each and drink them in nice places around town. Much better variety!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Crawdaddy is gone, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shades799 wrote: »
    Hey Folks, my friend is emigrating to the states in August and as a going away do I was thinking of organising a 12 Beer Gardens of Summer for him.

First off let me acknowledge the points that a) This is extremely juvenile, b) We almost certainly won't get the weather and c) We're a decent enough bunch and while we will be doing a 12 pubs we'll be trying our best not to annoy anyone else!

That been said, I would like to get people's opinions on the best beer gardens in Dublin so if, by some miracle, we get some nice weather, we can do a route that will let us have a beer in each. (i.e. The usual 12 pubs of Christmas craic).

The only requirement is that the beer garden would get a bit of sun if it's out, not just a semi covered smoking area.

The ones I have so far are Crawdaddy, Fagans and maybe D2 but I was never in there during the day to know if it gets any sun.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Crawdaddy is gone. Fagans in Drumcondra? :confused:

I'd suggest Diceys, The Barge (not a beer garden but sit on the canal), Flannerys, Fitzsimons (ripe off for pints though) and Grogans off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

The Cat in Cage across the road from St. Pats in Drumcondra has a decent beer garden, small but nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

ocean bar or lagoona, or harbour master.
    Howl at the moon.
    Ely at Grand canal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

L. Mulligan Grocer
    Porterhouse North
    O'Neill's of Suffolk Street
    The Barge

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Living Room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Your problem is that you would have to do a fair bit of travelling to get 12 decent beer gardens. You be best looking at a particular area which you can walk around, then look for decent beer gardens. You might have to include a few which involve standing or sitting outside, Kehoes and the like.

Bit of an al fresco defecit in Dublin pubs, weather driven !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

fitzsimons temple bar (even has a bar in the garden :) )
    Dicey's on Harcourt Street
    Porterhouse in glasnevin
    The Living Room
    The Ivy House
    D2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

What about pubs that just have an area of seating outside? Beggars Bush is hard to pass on a nice day without wanting a pint.
    Haven't been to The Brazen Head in years, that used to have a decent one.

Get a bag of cans, sit at the canal outside the barge, and laugh at the people sitting beside you that spent a fiver a pint. Or go to the pav in trinity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Harry Byrnes on the Howth Road ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

My favourite beer garden is outside the pav in trinity.

Another although not a beer garden and I dont really like the pub is the roof terrace on top of fitzsimmons in temple bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

Thanks very much guys, I have enough here to make an attempt at some sort of route, looks like it'll be on the south side and I'll have to throw in a few ones where we just stand outside (and maybe a can on the street!) but thanks again for all the tips.

Feel free to keep posting on this if you want to keep it running though.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Humphrey's Ranelagh
    Long Stone Townsend St

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Started a similar thread this time last yr OP

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71597079

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Theres a new great pub around the corner from the aviva called the bath i think..

was there on wed, brilliant beer garden out the front, with TV in window and stuff.

bit pricey at 5er a pint, like all places around there i suppose (barring the beggars bush which is serious value, 3.60 i think pint guinness, also has a great beer garden!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

The Bar With No Name on Fade St. Cool beer garden area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Sean Mc D's Harolds Cross
    Bradys Terenure
    Barge
    Copan Rathmines (Small but nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Be sure to post your final list so we can all use it too - the 12 beer gardens of summer certainly sounds like something my friends would be interested in!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

OP if you're going to be in Drumcondra, check out the Beer Garden in Kennedys. My favourite beer garden in D9.

• Advertisement
Advertisement