Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unused crèche building in wood

Options
  • 12-06-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any advice on what can be done with the unused crèche building in the wood? The place is a mess, kids breaking the gate so they can play in the garden, climbing on the walls, graffiti on the walls.
    Now most recently smashed windows. Started with the glass on the door and now just heard a big bang and kids running off and one of the main windows is smashed.
    I really don't want to have to put up living by a house with smashed up windows and even worse a house with boarded up windows.

Sorry rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

In hand Jimjay, committee and managing agent notified earlier today.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

astrofluff wrote: »
    In hand Jimjay, committee and managing agent notified earlier today.

Thanks for the reply.
    I hope they do better than me.
    I got a reply / cop out from management company
    they said they told the owner over a week ago about the smashed door and it is up to them what they do. It is the councils fault for not allowing the building be changed to a dwelling. She hopes the owner may put additional security in place and will pass on my email.

If they don't do anything I am going to fit my own camera. This is a daily occurance at the creche. Anyone know the legality of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Techy_1

Myself and my wife would be delighted to run it, any idea who to get in contact with. She has been working in the creche scene for over 6 years and has every qualification needed

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Techy_1 wrote: »
    Myself and my wife would be delighted to run it, any idea who to get in contact with. She has been working in the creche scene for over 6 years and has every qualification needed

Not sure but I think Astrofluff might know. Otherwise the management company would be able to help, they are based in the estate agents at the charlesland shopping centre.

Jimjay wrote: »
    Not sure but I think Astrofluff might know. Otherwise the management company would be able to help, they are based in the estate agents at the charlesland shopping centre.

Went down and had a look at it last night. WOW what a state. There are no internal walls nor is there a floor upstairs or a staircase. Would need massive skip to clear the building.
    I would still consider renting it as a creche if it were finished. Will check with the management company Monday, thanks.

• Advertisement

There are two creche units in the Wood - one which is completed and the other is a shell but both are unoccupied. The one you saw techy I think has most potential to run a viable business but yes it needs to be kitted out.

The benefit of no internal walls means you could lay out the building the best way for the business you want to run - but you'll need to adhere to building regs including fire safety regs (this is very important - a cert may be required at a cost if not already in place).

If you're interested in either unit, you should get in touch with Kennedy Wright Managing Agents) in the Charlesland Centre.

Hay Astro would be interested in the second building also. Where is it and what state of finished is it in. The one I seen had no floor and no stairs, is the other one in Wood in a better state?

thanks
    Karl

PM sent...

Advertisement