Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Comparison - iphone/Galaxy S3 - Main networks

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Thanks OP. This is exactly what I was about to do myself.

One thing about the tethering. I will probably root my phone - does anyone know if the likes of this works then? I wouldn't be tethering much but would like to be able to if I am stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I don't see the point of that app - you can tether on the S3 without using any app. No rooting required either. Maybe I'm missing something that that app does?

Some networks don't allow it in their terms but you can still do it, but they might give you a slap on the wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

J o e wrote: »
    I don't see the point of that app - you can tether on the S3 without using any app. Some networks don't allow it in their terms but you can still do it, but they might give you a slap on the wrist.
    Oh ok, I thought they could block you like the way that the iphone users used to be charged separately for tethering i.e. that they could detect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭RonnieL

My contract is up with meteor, so I'm looking to upgrade. Currently have the S2, but I think I want an S3 (although when I saw them first I thought the might be a touch too big). Anyway, meteor will do the S3 for €240 up front, on a 12 month €30 per month contract (200 mins, 200 texts, 1GB). Seems good to me. Anyone know of a better option?

Should be able to sell the S2 to cover the up front cost of the S3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

RonnieL wrote: »
    My contract is up with meteor, so I'm looking to upgrade. Currently have the S2, but I think I want an S3 (although when I saw them first I thought the might be a touch too big). Anyway, meteor will do the S3 for €240 up front, on a 12 month €30 per month contract (200 mins, 200 texts, 1GB). Seems good to me. Anyone know of a better option?

Should be able to sell the S2 to cover the up front cost of the S3.

Did you do any better in the end ? Similar boat to yourself only my current one is the S1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement