Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long hair, short hair, or no hair?

• 12-06-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

So when it comes to our head and shoulders.....what do you prefer to see in a man? Long, short or no hair at all? or a horseshoe? ( bald with hair on sides that is ).

Some say long hair is untidy and unacceptable. Would you agree?

Long hair, short hair, No hair or Horseshoe? 120 votes

I like Long Hair
    0% 0 votes
    I like Short hair
    34% 41 votes
    I like no hair
    56% 68 votes
    I love the classic horseshoe look
    9% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I like hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Depends on the man, the face, the hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Dreadlocks obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I like hair

A suitable 1000th post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Short hair. Long hair is for women and hippies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Skanger hairstyle.

Whatever its called, but it is quite distinctive none the less...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Oh i love a shaved head!! If it suits him, nothing worse than a bloke walking around looking like an egg.

Hair is good too, but shaved is my preference. Im shaking while typing this, Ive just had 3 cans of the cheapest energy drink tesco had, now I cant stop shaking and laughing. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I like hair

A suitable 1000th post :D

Is it my 1000th?! Ha! That's a good one, I'm on the mobile and it doesn't give the stats :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I keep my hair closely shaved (I think it suits me and my perfectly-shaped head), and may go a bit bald when I'm older, in which case I'll probably keep shaving it.

I'm just doing my utmost to look as suave and sexy as my avatar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Is it my 1000th?! Ha! That's a good one, I'm on the mobile and it doesn't give the stats :cool:

That is awesome....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Some drunken passing lass asked me the other evening how I managed to get such volume in my hair. It's been three days and I've yet to come up with a satisfactorily witty retort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I think hair that's a bit longer can look nice on a guy as long as it's well cared for and clean. No receding hairlines and thin lanky hair though ala John Waters :eek:
    And as long as a guy's hair doesn't look nicer than mine it's ok :mad: :D I love long dreads even on men-again as long as they're well kept and clean.

Short hair can look very nice too, it depends on what the rest of the guy looks like tbh. I don't like sides shaved to the bone and the rest a #3 blade for example that I see from some local lads here. Hard men/"skanger" haircuts.

ETA: don't like bald pates, if a guy is losing his hair best not to fight it and just get it all buzz cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Bum fluff anyone?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I tend to look better with longerish hair. I think short hair cuts look better but I cant pull it off because I have a big/weird shaped head.... :(

Im growing a mullet at present for the laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

DB10 wrote: »
    I tend to look better with longerish hair. I think short hair cuts look better but I cant pull it off because I have a big/weird shaped head.... :(

Im growing a mullet at present for the laugh.

Will be easy to spot you when you go shoplifting in Tesco so !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I cannot find bald attractive. I've tried and it doesnt do it for me. Not a fan of long either, depends on length. Pony no.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

I've always wanted to grow long hair, but I'm stuck being a normal looking person! No one will ever suspect that I worship Satan.

At least I can grow a decent goatee.

Oh a man can dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

The 2 most important things to me are eyes and hair.
    Hair can be short on certain guys, but in general I like it long.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Mines a decent length for me, but its not properly long. Wouldnt be fit to keep it, the good thing about really short hair is its quicker to wash,and it doesnt take effort to get it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I had long hair tied back in a ponytail until two years ago. It looked better long but is more comfortable short. I also have a few grey hairs; not many but the long hair really showed them up.

I have it fairly short and spiky at the moment. I don't like it at all but any other hairstyle shows up my double crown/cows lick unless I let it grow a bit longer and brush it back. Shaving it isn't an option either as I have psoriasis on my head. I'd love the type of hair that's easy to comb or a head that doesn't have patches of dry skin.

On the positive side I'm 36 years old and still have a thick head of hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I love bald/shaved heads but my bf has longer hair than me! Gonna get the scissors and razor out some night when he is asleep!*

In case he is reading this.....I have no intentions what so ever of doing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

I had long hair tied back in a ponytail until two years ago. It looked better long but is more comfortable short. I also have a few grey hairs; not many but the long hair really showed them up.

I have it fairly short and spiky at the moment. I don't like it at all but any other hairstyle shows up my double crown/cows lick unless I let it grow a bit longer and brush it back. Shaving it isn't an option either as I have psoriasis on my head. I'd love the type of hair that's easy to comb or a head that doesn't have patches of dry skin.

On the positive side I'm 36 years old and still have a thick head of hair.

Psoriasis never bothered me mate. Had my hair very long, past my bellybutton. Shaved it all off two years back. Had some bad patches on my scalp. But because it was open to the air and a week or two of creams, gone and hasnt come back.

To keep on topic, I'm currently growing my hair back long after two years of jumping between shaved and crew cuts... It's funny, the shorter the hair the older I look. I'm 26 and with my current mushroom of a yoke, people think Im 19-20...

If you can grow it long, do it while you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've had long hair for the past while. I like to let it flow naturally, before that I went between short and medium length. My current style draws attention from the locals in my town, I've been referred to as the hippy solicitor. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My ex had dreadlocks. They smelled funny.

I'm not too fussy on hair as long its clean, which it often isn't with lads I know.

But I find I do prefer when its just that kinda short length and its really soft and nice to run your hand over when you cuddle :o

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've medium-long hair at the moment. I tend to cut it short then let it grow until it annoys me.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Short and clean please:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Have had my hair short for the last few years,but have decided to grow it long again for a while.Haven't had it cut since January and it's just starting to look nice and hippyish again now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I am a bit of a sucker for long-ish hair. Not long like in a ponytail long, but sort of long and messy. Always gets a second look from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Nothing like a man with a horse shoe;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

No Hair:

Stone Cold Steve Austin. \0/

Long Hair:

Bret Hart. \0/

You either have it or you haven't!

I like both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

So when it comes to our head and shoulders.....what do you prefer to see in a man? Long, short or no hair at all? or a horseshoe? ( bald with hair on sides that is ).

Some say long hair is untidy and unacceptable. Would you agree?

Long hair, on his head that is.

I always think a lot of Irish lads get it the wrong way round, shaving their heads and keeping their privates like a jungle....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I cant stand short hair on a guy. Its always the exact same hair cut, slightly shorter on the sides, maybe a bit of gel or wax on the front. Boring!
    If you're gonna have short hair at least do something interesting with it.
    My OH's hair is longer than mine, and I love it. Though I have fairly long hair too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Just clean. And not rock hard with days of built up gel.

Soft enough to ruffle etc :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I like my wimmen to have both hair and no hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

my hair is very similar to this

tumblrlvei52t3gw1r224vr.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'm a men's hairdresser (as opposed to a barber, i don't do shaves) and some guys who have short hair would look better with longer hair but they can't be arséd looking after it . . it depends on face shape head shape and whether they need to hide face or not..you'd be surprised how many guys tell me don't do xyz or the misssus will give out:eek::pac::pac::pac: and mammy's are the bane of my life... they haven't a clue when it comes to how to manage crowns and cows licks...
    My husband wants me for the last 3 years to shave his head.. but he'd look like someone in a concentration camp...he's too skinny :) when i met him he was growing his hair.. he had it long in a ponytail for 8 year and shortish for the last 3 i prefer it shortish...:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

Speaking as a male, I just love my long hair. I have not cut my hair during the past 6 years, and intend to let it grow down my back to waist level. Women often admire my lovely long hair and it is a subject of conversation in social situations. I have sometimes been mistaken for a woman, but who cares! My long black flowing hair goes perfectly with my black leather clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

the combover is the best hairstyle a balding man can have... like this. Ain't that right ladies :pac: :P

patrick-stewart-combover-d5f3e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Fan of the buzzcuts m'self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Speaking as a male, I just love my long hair. I have not cut my hair during the past 6 years, and intend to let it grow down my back to waist level. Women often admire my lovely long hair and it is a subject of conversation in social situations. I have sometimes been mistaken for a woman, but who cares! My long black flowing hair goes perfectly with my black leather clothing.

Heh, my husband has long hair, had it for years. He actually had a bloke try to come on to him in a nightclub once, complimenting him on his nice and shapely arse.
    The face of that fellow when my husband turned round to look at him!

The amount of people giving him confused looks on a daily basis is hilarious. Seriously, some people seem to be mentally stuck in the 50s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

why do some guys think this is a good hairstyle?

tumblr_ljr907VrRG1qhoiwc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

I hate long hair on a man, absolutely hate it.

Visually, my preference is shaved. Love shaved.

Though, if a man has a decent head of hair, I do like being able to grab hold of it (gently) while kissing him...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Had long hair down to my waist at one point. Which is too long really longest I would go now is my shoulder.
    Shaved my head for the charity thing and reckon it will take at least 2 years to have it long. Probably don't have the patience now. Plus it does effect job opportunities.
    One thing is certain styles dont suit all. Hate having a very boring cut that is the same as child's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Once he has hair its fine, I like to ruffle the hair, my bad!:P Nice styled hair and a head of hair on a guy is nice whether long or short is cool with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I was on holiday in Cyprus four years ago and at the time had long hair. One day a car full of males in their late teens or early twenties came driving up behind me and beeped the horn at me. When they saw me they looked shocked. They had thought they were beeping at a woman.

I once stood in a queue in a supermarket behind someone with dreadlocks. His hair was one of the worst things I've ever had the misfortune to smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Lol, they thought you were a woman lol. :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

cbyrd wrote: »
    I'm a men's hairdresser (as opposed to a barber, i don't do shaves) and some guys who have short hair would look better with longer hair but they can't be arséd looking after it . . it depends on face shape head shape and whether they need to hide face or not..you'd be surprised how many guys tell me don't do xyz or the misssus will give out:eek::pac::pac::pac: and mammy's are the bane of my life... they haven't a clue when it comes to how to manage crowns and cows licks...
    My husband wants me for the last 3 years to shave his head.. but he'd look like someone in a concentration camp...he's too skinny :) when i met him he was growing his hair.. he had it long in a ponytail for 8 year and shortish for the last 3 i prefer it shortish...:)
    Never heard of a men's hairdresser funnily enough, though if there was one near me I'd most likely use them.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

Shenshen wrote: »
    Heh, my husband has long hair, had it for years. He actually had a bloke try to come on to him in a nightclub once, complimenting him on his nice and shapely arse.
    The face of that fellow when my husband turned round to look at him!

The amount of people giving him confused looks on a daily basis is hilarious. Seriously, some people seem to be mentally stuck in the 50s.

Good for him! Tell him to keep his hair long and never get it cut! Yes, I too have often been mistaken for a woman as I also wear long earings and a leather shoulder bag. Actually, it was in the 1970s that most men wore long hair. Bring back the 70s! Personally, I will never cut my hair again as I just love my long flowing locks and I don't care what people think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement