Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APA Insurance qualifications

Options
  • 12-06-2012 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    I've started working in the PMI area and have the opportunity to work towards undertaking the APA exams(PDI01,PDI02 and PDI05).
    Has anyone been through this and know how much effort it takes on a weekly basis?
    It's not a requirement to my role but it is something that I would like to undertake if the required workload wasn't more than 15-20 hrs a week.
    Appreciate any feedback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Hi,
    I've just passed the CIP which used to be the minimum compatency requirement. The APA is like a pared down version of this. It consists of 3 exams. 2 Multiple choice exams and one written exam.

It does require some study and of course depends on ability but they aren't overly difficult in my experience. I would have done a total of maybe 20 to 30 hours study per exam max.
    The recommended amount is (I think) 60 to 70 hours per exam but I think that's unneccessary.
    Pass rate is 40% and for the MCQ, there is negative marking. 2 points per correct answer, no points for a blank answer and -1 point for an incorrect answer.
    The first two papers are about principles of insurance, claims etc....general insurance and the theory behind insurance. Then the last exam, you choose between commercial, personal or medical insurance and do an exam specifically on that.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

cheers Ash,
    I decided a few weeks back to go for it, so booked for first one in Sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

JackieChan wrote: »
    cheers Ash,
    I decided a few weeks back to go for it, so booked for first one in Sept.
    Best of luck with it. I'm sure you'll ace it.

Advertisement