Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Bantry

Options
  • 12-06-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I need to find a room to rent or a small house/apt in Bantry.
    Where is the best place to look?
    Daft.ie doesn't seem to have much to offer.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Try the various local auctioneers? Some do not connect with daft

Also places near Bantry eg Glengarriff or the Mealagh Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 7 younailedit

Graces7 wrote: »
    Try the various local auctioneers? Some do not connect with daft

Also places near Bantry eg Glengarriff or the Mealagh Valley

Thanks. I emailed some of the auctioneers already. Only got one reply and they are only interested in renting a particular place for one year even though it is vacant for nearly 2 months!

How far are Glengarriff or the Mealagh Valley form Bantry?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Thanks. I emailed some of the auctioneers already. Only got one reply and they are only interested in renting a particular place for one year even though it is vacant for nearly 2 months!

How far are Glengarriff or the Mealagh Valley form Bantry?
    Glengarrif is 14 miles from bantry,The mealagh valley is a long valley would you be on the west or east side?(directions for the east side would include going past the "plastics" factory)

mp22 wrote: »
    Glengarrif is 14 miles from bantry,The mealagh valley is a long valley would you be on the west or east side?(directions for the east side would include going past the "plastics" factory)

15 miles is too far. I would spend a fortune on petrol.

I don't know if I would be on the east or west side of Bantry. It is small so would it matter?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If you are down this way look into the credit union.Notice board in there has several 2 bed houses to let as well as bedsit accommodation.most adds have mobile numbers to ring.(as of this morning at 10)

If you wish you can pm me with what you are looking for and I will get you some numbers to ring.

• Advertisement

mp22 wrote: »
    If you are down this way look into the credit union.Notice board in there has several 2 bed houses to let as well as bedsit accommodation.most adds have mobile numbers to ring.(as of this morning at 10)

If you wish you can pm me with what you are looking for and I will get you some numbers to ring.

Thanks. That is very useful. I might PM. I need to think about it a bit more.

You are very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭dasium

Hey I moved to bantry a few months ago... like you was looking on Daft to no avail... found loads on the notice board in the town, there are heaps advertised in shop windows etc too.... its not an online type of place... in a 1 bed now and will be leaving shortly (short term contract)... cheap, clean and cheerful type of place... if your not from town, and want to be conected to the outside world you'd need to stay close to town for broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭dasium

meant to read... notice board in supervalu

Advertisement