Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judo national dan and kyu grading this Saturday..

• 12-06-2012 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I just want to wish any subscribers to this forum who may be fighting for their blue, brown or points off their dan (black) grading this Saturday (16th June) all the very best of luck..

Train hard, fight easy.. Train easy, fight hard.. All the work in done so go get your grades and best of luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭quintain

Makikomi, off topic, and a personal question ....
    Have you been injured much in your judo career? nursing a broken hand myself at the moment:(
    If you have been injured, would you mind listing the details?

I know I'm being very nosey, but sher there ye go, if you don't ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

quintain wrote: »
    Makikomi, off topic, and a personal question ....
    Have you been injured much in your judo career? nursing a broken hand myself at the moment:(
    If you have been injured, would you mind listing the details?

I know I'm being very nosey, but sher there ye go, if you don't ask

Oh loads!.

Judo being a high impact sport mean's you're going to pick up injuries all the time, and if you're very competitive it'll seem like you're always carrying an injury.

Most common injuries seem to be broken collar bones, broken or dislocated fingers and toes. Plus strains and sprains in your bigger joints, most esp. knee's and to a lesser extent elbows.

My worse injury was a dislocated ankle which kept me off the mat for 17 months, I got back into competition late last year but have struggled since.

How did you manage to brake your hand?.

Thanks for the reply. I broke my hand in a "crash" landing after being thrown onto the mat 

Problem is, I'm a guy of a certain age (early 40s), lots of kickboxing etc. but I had only been at judo for about 6 months, I was loving it but my bubble has been well and truly burst - for now anyway !!!

I heard the bone snap when I fell - sore !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

quintain wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I broke my hand in a "crash" landing after being thrown onto the mat 

Problem is, I'm a guy of a certain age (early 40s), lots of kickboxing etc. but I had only been at judo for about 6 months, I was loving it but my bubble has been well and truly burst - for now anyway !!!

I heard the bone snap when I fell - sore !!!

Sounds awful :o

Just as a matter of interest were you shown break falls?.. A lot of clubs just don't bother with them, where as some include them in the warm up (great idea this).

Yes, we do lots of breakfalls, the lads in the club are careful in what they do, the black belts are the safest to do anything with

The problem was that i was fighting another relative newbie, who I wasn't familiar with. I regret that we weren't both a bit more careful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bres

That sucks 'quintain' hopefully its not a bad break and heals up nicely.
    I split the bone in my arm in training once and it was one of the most depressing things. A week before a competition i was looking forward too.

Advertisement