Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trawler visible from Tramore Beach?

Options
  • 12-06-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone saw the trawler out in sea today? Wasn't too far from the beach as I could see it perfectly. It was massive.

This was around 4.30ish - 5ish. Illegal Fishing? Legal Fishing?

Don't see many of these around here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Most likely a muscle dredger, they fish legally close to the land to harvest muscles and other shelfish. Might have looked similar to this style of boat...

www.irishseashipping.com/features/musseldredgers0506/Wings%20of%20the%20Morning%20WD210%20(2005)%20Carlingford%20Lough%20January%202006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

lee3155 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone saw the trawler out in sea today? Wasn't too far from the beach as I could see it perfectly. It was massive.

This was around 4.30ish - 5ish. Illegal Fishing? Legal Fishing?

Don't see many of these around here.

"Shiver me timbers!" http://www.marinetraffic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Most likely a muscle dredger, they fish legally close to the land to harvest muscles and other shelfish. Might have looked similar to this style of boat...

www.irishseashipping.com/features/musseldredgers0506/Wings%20of%20the%20Morning%20WD210%20(2005)%20Carlingford%20Lough%20January%202006.jpg

Looks like her alright! Thanks for that, I'm not great at identifying boats :rolleyes:
    KK4SAM wrote: »
    "Shiver me timbers!" http://www.marinetraffic.com/

Nothing covered on that unfortunately but however, I will keep checks on it in the future! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

lee3155 wrote: »
    Looks like her alright! Thanks for that, I'm not great at identifying boats :rolleyes:

Nothing covered on that unfortunately but however, I will keep checks on it in the future! Thanks :)
    if ya get the name ya can track the course of the vessel on marine traffic

Advertisement