Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband ??

Options
  • 12-06-2012 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭

I recently 'upgraded' to 25mb broadband under the provisio from the girl selling it to me that my line was recently tested and was guaranteed to be capable of 10mb+ contention free. I signed up, upgrading from my 8mb deal and awaiting the increase in speed. My new router arrived in the post and I installed it with glee awaiting my much faster broadband.

It was never to be though. Its actually slower than its ever been.

Is this considered broadband?
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2005431567.png
    How is that figure even possible on a contention free 25mb connection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Quazzie wrote: »
    I recently 'upgraded' to 25mb broadband under the provisio from the girl selling it to me that my line was recently tested and was guaranteed to be capable of 10mb+ contention free. I signed up, upgrading from my 8mb deal and awaiting the increase in speed. My new router arrived in the post and I installed it with glee awaiting my much faster broadband.

It was never to be though. Its actually slower than its ever been.

Is this considered broadband?
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2005431567.png
    How is that figure even possible on a contention free 25mb connection?

Hi Quazzie,

Can you PM me with your telephone number or eircom account number, and I will run a few checks on the broadband connection / speed.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Barca

Does anyone know of a broadband supplier that can deliver consistent speeds (unlike eircom) of not less than 3Meg for broadband/phone/TV?

Broadband alone would be good, if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sedric

Depends where you live.It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Hi Quazzie,

Can you PM me with your telephone number or eircom account number, and I will run a few checks on the broadband connection / speed.

Thanks, Mark
    Just an update on this. I got call from a technician and after maybe 10 minutes and a software update I got the speeds I was after. Apologies for the delay in getting back and bumping an old thread, but just wanted to show my appreciation to the guys on Boards for getting it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Quazzie

I'm glad to hear this has been resolved and thanks for the feedback!

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement