Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever made love to a married woman/man?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

bluewolf wrote: »
    Nobody is expecting people to be perfect. Cheating aside, all this pretense that it's for the good of your partner to lie to them is nonsense. If you really acknowledge you made a mistake then own up to it instead of pretending it's the right thing to do to lie

You are expecting them to be perfect though if you hold the view that cheating means they dont care for their partner.

If I made a mistake and cheated on my girlfriend tonight that in no way means I cannot have feelings for my girlfriend and want to protect her from the pain of having to deal with the whole thing.

You say its pretending to care and its all selfishly motivated because you expect everyone that loves and cares for their partners to be perfect and not do anything to cause them grief. I'm not perfect, nobody is perfect and mistakes will be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

IMO its selfish for one partner to withhold sex if they won't let the other have sex outside the relationship.

There are many physical, mental, emotional reasons which could lead to long periods without sex.
    You can't just say it's selfish!
    You have no idea why the woman didn't want sex - maybe she was raped, maybe she'd lost a baby, maybe she had some infection - who knows?!
    God, people can be so ignorant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

LordSmeg wrote: »
    No thats not what I'm saying at all. Your talking about personally trying to aspire to be what you believe to be a good person. Thats fine, I'm not saying people shouldnt aspire to be good people.

I'm talking about judging others on the fact they are not the great person you yourself aspire to be. You will never be who you want to be because that person doesnt exist. People make mistakes and fcuk up and circumstances change and people change, thats unavoidable. If all you have to do is aspire to be perfect to be perfect then we'd all be perfect. But you cant just decide your going to be perfect its always a work in progress and along the way your going to make a hell of a lot of mistakes.

So to expect everyone to be perfect and not make mistakes is delusional.

I'm not talking about being perfect though. I'm talking about having enough common decency to not cheat on your OH. I know people make mistakes but to betray someones trust like that, just seems wrong.

^^ Just in addition to that I suppose its the debate about whether or not telling someone the truth is more important than how it will affect them.

Do you really owe anyone the truth ? Would you not think someone's happiness is more important than your own sense of right and wrong in relation to something ?

I personally see someone's happiness as more important than my own notion of the right and wrong thing. If I knew something that would cause someone great pain I wouldnt tell them if they didnt need to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

There are many physical, mental, emotional reasons which could lead to long periods without sex.
    You have no idea why the woman didn't want sex - maybe she was raped, maybe she'd lost a baby, maybe she had some infection - who knows?!

Maybe she needs to get her issues sorted for the sake of their relationship.

A sex less marriage is like living with a parent/friend/sibling.

Long term monogamy is unnatural.

In homosapiens, it is neither natural or unnatural.
    It seems to be somewhere in the middle - so I guess it's up to us to decide.

What I do know though is that someone shouldn't commit to long term monogamy if they don't intend to remain monogamous.

You are expecting them to be perfect though if you hold the view that cheating means they dont care for their partner.

If I made a mistake and cheated on my girlfriend tonight that in no way means I cannot have feelings for my girlfriend and want to protect her from the pain of having to deal with the whole thing.

You say its pretending to care and its all selfishly motivated because you expect everyone that loves and cares for their partners to be perfect and not do anything to cause them grief. I'm not perfect, nobody is perfect and mistakes will be made.

What are you talking about? :confused:
    I'm talking about lying about the cheating. I'm talking about all the posts, yours included, saying that people want to shelter their partner from the hurt of telling them. So yes, that does imply that people love and care for their partners if that's the excuse being given on thread. I think it's a load of sh!te, but I'm not the one who came up with it.
    Constantly saying "I'm not perfect" doesn't change the fact that people are posting that lying to their partners will leave the partners happier, sheltered, and generally better off. Whatever about mistakes, that is very deliberate.

I'm not talking about being perfect though. I'm talking about having enough common decency to not cheat on your OH. I know people make mistakes but to betray someones trust like that, just seems wrong.

But that is expecting everyone to be perfect in that regard. Where does the betrayal of trust start and end ? I assume if it counts for this it also counts for everything else in the relationship too ? You cant upset them or do them wrong in any way or your betraying them in some manner. So your expecting them to be perfect. If people didnt make mistakes they would be perfect and your saying people shouldnt make mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 teemm

Yes, several times. No qualms about it, no guilt. Only way I can get sex.

^^ Just in addition to that I suppose its the debate about whether or not telling someone the truth is more important than how it will affect them.

Do you really owe anyone the truth ? Would you not think someone's happiness is more important than your own sense of right and wrong in relation to something ?

I personally see someone's happiness as more important than my own notion of the right and wrong thing. If I knew something that would cause someone great pain I wouldnt tell them if they didnt need to know.

I can relate to that but not telling them that you have been cheating on them seems an odd time to become worried about their feelings.

Why not worry about it beforehand? It's all well and good developing 20/20 hindsight but surely there must be a voice of reason in the back of peoples heads saying that "this is wrong". Whether or not they decide to listen is another story.

• Advertisement

In homosapiens, it is neither natural or unnatural.
    It seems to be somewhere in the middle - so I guess it's up to us to decide.

What I do know though is that someone shouldn't commit to long term monogamy if they don't intend to remain monogamous.

People who enter it probably have the best intentions. Fast forward ten years and it's often a different story.

But that is expecting everyone to be perfect in that regard. Where does the betrayal of trust start and end ? I assume if it counts for this it also counts for everything else in the relationship too ? You cant upset them or do them wrong in any way or your betraying them in some manner. So your expecting them to be perfect. If people didnt make mistakes they would be perfect and your saying people shouldnt make mistakes.

Making a mistake is generally attributed to not knowing that you would be causing harm.

Surely if you're screwing someone behind your partners back, you are keeping it a secret because you know that it is wrong and it would destroy them if they found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Does anal count as making love?

Maybe she needs to get her issues sorted for the sake of their relationship.

A sex less marriage is like living with a parent/friend/sibling.

The person in question withdrew from sex for a 6 month period.
    If the man could not abstain for 6 months due to some reason unknown to us - then good god, that man does not deserve a wife!!!

Of course the woman should sort out her issues.
    That is not debatable really is it?

The man should support her through whatever her issues are - not cheat on her!!

Anyway, this is all speculation - we have no idea about the ins and outs (:pac:) of other's relationships, so we shouldn't judge.

What are you talking about? :confused:
    I'm talking about lying about the cheating. I'm talking about all the posts, yours included, saying that people want to shelter their partner from the hurt of telling them. So yes, that does imply that people love and care for their partners if that's the excuse being given on thread. I think it's a load of sh!te, but I'm not the one who came up with it.
    Constantly saying "I'm not perfect" doesn't change the fact that people are posting that lying to their partners will leave the partners happier, sheltered, and generally better off. Whatever about mistakes, that is very deliberate.

Read my posts and you'd see what I was talking about. I'll try break it down though seeing as you dont seem to understand plain english all too good.

You think its a load of shíte when someone claims to want to protect their partner from the truth in relation to cheating.

Why ? Why is it a load of shíte ? Because the fact they cheated to you means they dont actually care or want to protect their partner. The fact that they are not perfect means their word is worthless, they cannot love their partner, they are nothing but selfish heartless creatures.

In other words a rather childish and simplistic view of the world and the people in it based on some deluded notion that everyone should be perfect.

smash wrote: »

Only if you do it tenderly enough.

Only if you do it tenderly enough.
    That's a lot less fun :(

I can relate to that but not telling them that you have been cheating on them seems an odd time to become worried about their feelings.

Why not worry about it beforehand?It's all well and good developing 20/20 hindsight but surely there must be a voice of reason in the back of peoples heads saying that "this is wrong". Whether or not they decide to listen is another story.

Hindsight is exactly what your basing your view on though. Your saying "dont make the mistake". Expecting everyone to be perfect.

I'm saying mistakes happen. People have to deal with them. Just because you made a mistake doesnt mean you do not care for your partner.

The person in question withdrew from sex for a 6 month period.
    If the man could not abstain for 6 months due to some reason unknown to us - then good god, that man does not deserve a wife!!! .

You are clearly insane :p. 6 months? 6 days and Id be booking her in to the approaite professional. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

You coming out on boards smash:D? We'll all friends here.

6 days and Id be booking her in to the approaite professional. :pac:
    or just book yourself in to her. Set a reminder on her phone at 9pm

"15 minutes until the ride of your life"

And make sure you're standing there naked with a bottle of baby oil in your hand for when she turns to look at you after she reads her alarm!

You coming out on boards smash:D? We'll all friends here.
    Giving... Not receiving :P

Making a mistake is generally attributed to not knowing that you would be causing harm.

Surely if you're screwing someone behind your partners back, you are keeping it a secret because you know that it is wrong and it would destroy them if they found out.

No its doing something you later regret I'd call it. You may not think about the consequences at the time. Not out of lack of care for the feelings of your partner but because you are so taken with whats happening there and then.

Hindsight is exactly what your basing your view on though. Your saying "dont make the mistake". Expecting everyone to be perfect.

I'm saying mistakes happen. People have to deal with them. Just because you made a mistake doesnt mean you do not care for your partner.

Again not expecting people to be perfect. To use a completely over the top example, would you have to bash in somebodys skull so that later you could look back and go "Okay, that was wrong, glad I've learned from that."?

Not every mistake has to be made to know that it would be bad.
    Although I will grudgingly admit that I see what you are saying.

(I do get the feeling that neither of us will be backing down on this. It has become a stubborn battle of wills then! :D)

Why ? Why is it a load of shíte ? Because the fact they cheated to you means they dont actually care or want to protect their partner.
    No, it means they made a mistake and now the right thing to do is own up to it. Not owning up to doing something wrong like that and pretending the cover up is to protect them is what I think is nonsense. It's self-preservation.
    The fact that they are not perfect means their word is worthless, they cannot love their partner, they are nothing but selfish heartless creatures.
    Now you're just making things up. You didn't get that from anything I said.
    In other words a rather childish and simplistic view of the world and the people in it based on some deluded notion that everyone should be perfect.
    You really think holding your hands up to someone you love and saying "look I made a mistake here" is "childish, simplistic and deluded"

• Advertisement

Sure .......... we believe you;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Depends on what you define as natural though. One thing about humans compared to other primates as far as sexuality* is concerned is their adaptability and variability in mating strategies. Monogamy is but one adaptation and variation, albeit a very strong and long lived one.

Before some suggest that this was alright in the past when people lived shorter lives, that's not quite the case. 1) 70 was common enough for much of human history and 2) people got married on average much younger than today throughout human history, so even if they only made it to 55 they would have been hitched from mid puberty(15/16).

*and things like food

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Again not expecting people to be perfect. To use a completely over the top example, would you have to bash in somebodys skull so that later you could look back and go "Okay, that was wrong, glad I've learned from that."?

You would to learn that bashing someone's skull in wasnt the best ideas you ever had. You dont have to do something to know its wrong but you do have to do it to regret doing it. So if you did smash someone's skull in I dont think you'd say you decided it was the best option and you were prepared for the fall out. You'd say you wernt thinking, it all just happened.
    Not every mistake has to be made to know that it would be bad.
    Although I will grudgingly admit that I see what you are saying.

(I do get the feeling that neither of us will be backing down on this. It has become a stubborn battle of wills then! :D)

You probably aint wrong there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

If anyone does that and there is kids involved on either side, they deserve a kick in the bollocks/growler.

No, it means they made a mistake and now the right thing to do is own up to it. Not owning up to doing something wrong like that and pretending the cover up is to protect them is what I think is nonsense. It's self-preservation.

Why is the right thing to do to own up ? And how is not owning up purely self preservation ? Why do you refuse to accept someone can want to protect their partner from something that would hurt them?

Now you're just making things up. You didn't get that from anything I said.

No I'm not making anything up, this is what ~I have got from your posts. But if I'm wrong kindly answer the questions above and we'll clear it all up.

You really think holding your hands up to someone you love and saying "look I made a mistake here" is "childish, simplistic and deluded"

No I think its childish, simplistic and deluded to expect people not to make mistakes. And if they do to dismiss any claims of caring for someone else because they made those mistakes. But perhaps I was wrong in taking that as your view. We'll find out with the answers to the above questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

There's a world of difference between "we all make mistakes we're not perfect" and pontificating and moralising about how not telling is the right thing to do

What is there to be achieved by telling it will hurt and cause pain to your partner. If you can live with the guilt it's better to spare them the heartache.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

IMO its selfish for one partner to withhold sex if they won't let the other have sex outside the relationship.

In those circumstances it isn't selfish. In normal circumstances it is as you are ruining another persons sex life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,716 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

spoofilyj wrote: »
    IMO sex should be earned not paid for.(

You will find that sex is subtly "paid for" in many relationships. Whether it be the bouquet of flowers to the expensive diamonds to the trophy wife or trophy toyboy.

One's willingness to have sex with someone can be based on all types of motivations, from the romantic to the practical.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    You will find that sex is subtly "paid for" in many relationships. Whether it be the bouquet of flowers to the expensive diamonds to the trophy wife or trophy toyboy.

One's willingness to have sex with someone can be based on all types of motivations, from the romantic to the practical.

I believe that some people refer to it as "The knobstacle course"

Do you give reach arounds as well? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Rule no. 1 of adultery - never take photos

Rule no. 2 of adultery - never take photos

What's rule no 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Probably- it was weird once when he answered a call from his son...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Someone could easily say that someone owning up despite the fact it would be devastating to their partner is for the perpetrator's own relief from guilt or out of the fear that it will get back to their partner either way and they are as such just acting selfishly. One could say that someone trying to say that they are owning up out of some kind of righteous and selfless moral principle or doing it for their partner rather than themselves is nonsense...

...but I wouldn't say that Blue, because that would be me having the arrogance to presume I could say with confidence what other peoples thoughts and feelings and motivations were and saying I thought everyone, everywhere, acted in a certain way in a certain situation for exactly the same reasons, the reasons I have personally inferred with fatalistic certainty, without any first hand (or even second hand) knowledge of these peoples thoughts or feelings or motivations or basically knowing anything whatsoever about them.

It'd be silly to say that so it would, silly and arrogant and irrational. So I won't say that. That... would be nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

SafeSurfer wrote: »

I find paying in jizz works out the best for all tbh ...

Samich wrote: »
    What's rule no 3?

See post#42 on pg 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It's amazing how often this crops up. Put it this way if someone were to say 'homosexuality is unnatural' the post would be jumped all over blah blah... but apparently it's ok to call my sex life because I plan on being monogamous with my wife unnatural? Why is it ok to call what I do unnatural? The usual response when someone says homosexuality is unnatrual is to point out the many instances of homosexuality in the natural world so I'll just leave a few examples here..

There are many monogamous species in the natural world, various species of birds, fish, insects etc.

I think I'll go rob a bank, my OH could do with a few quid, might make her happy... and I haven't seen anyone say people should be 'perfect' either despite numerous references to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

prinz wrote: »

It's amazing how often this crops up. Put it this way if someone were to say 'homosexuality is unnatural' the post would be jumped all over blah blah... but apparently it's ok to call my sex life because I plan on being monogamous with my wife unnatural? Why is it ok to call what I do unnatural? The usual response when someone says homosexuality is unnatrual is to point out the many instances of homosexuality in the natural world so I'll just leave a few examples here..

There are many monogamous species in the natural world, various species of birds, fish, insects etc.

I think I'll go rob a bank, my OH could do with a few quid, might make her happy... and I haven't seen anyone say people should be 'perfect' either despite numerous references to it.

If it were natural to the human species humans wouldn't have such a problem with it. We are naturally promiscuous for the most part, monogamy for most is like slamming a square peg into a round hole.

I honestly think without the freedom to pursue sex/relationships with others people wilt, they don't have the same zest for life.

Lazy argument and stupid analogy. Equating robbing a bank with not being honest ?

Are you 100% honest with your wife at all times ? When she asks how she looks you tell her fat and ugly when she looks fat and ugly? When she asks where your going on a Friday night you say to the pub to get away from her for a few hours ? Or do you actually compromise and make an effort not to tell the truth if its going to cause her some grief ?

I'd presume its the latter like most others in the world. So it shouldnt come as such a shock to hear someone propose that telling someone something that may shatter their entire life might not be the best idea.

And expecting people not to make mistakes is expecting them to be perfect.

Lazy argument and stupid analogy. Equating robbing a bank with not being honest?

No, just taking your 'right and wrong is irrelevant when it comes to making someone happy.' Why not robbing a bank? Why not taking €20 from the till at work you buy your partner flowers or something.
    Are you 100% honest with your wife at all times ? When she asks how she looks you tell her fat and ugly when she looks fat and ugly?

Yes. Not that she looks fat and ugly because she doesn't, but if she asks me if a certain item of clothing suits her no matter how much she likes it I'll tell her honestly my opinion. I have honestly told her a lot of things, such as not liking a time she dyed her hair etc. It's actually something I picked up from her, She comes from a culture where honesty and directness is second nature so she'd be pretty píssed off if I lied to her. She asks for my opinion because she wants it, she doesn't ask me to tell her what I think she wants to hear.
    When she asks where your going on a Friday night you say to the pub to get away from her for a few hours?

We've both said when we need time to ourselves. Don't see the need to hide it tbh? It's only healthy to get time apart.
    I'd presume its the latter like most others in the world. So it shouldnt come as such a shock to hear someone propose that telling someone something that may shatter their entire life might not be the best idea.

It isn't the latter. We tell each other what we think...and we don't do stuff that we then have to hide from each other. Simples. Keeps things great. No drama, no Dawsons Creek-esque "relationship" issues.
    And expecting people not to make mistakes is expecting them to be perfect.

Deciding to cheat on your partner is not a mistake. It's a deliberate action. Compounding that be deciding not to tell your partner to protect his/her delicate sensitivities is not a mistake either.

No, just taking your 'right and wrong is irrelevant when it comes to making someone happy.' Why not robbing a bank? Why not taking €20 from the till
    at work you buy your partner flowers or something.

Where did I say right and wrong was irrelevant when it came to making someone happy ? I'm questioning what is right and what is wrong not ignoring it .I think you have completely misunderstood what I was saying. I said that not owning up to cheating doesnt have to be purely self preserving. It can be done to protect someone from something that would upset them greatly.
    Yes. Not that she looks fat and ugly because she doesn't, but if she asks me if a certain item of clothing suits her no matter how much she likes it I'll tell her honestly my opinion. I have honestly told her a lot of things, such as not liking a time she dyed her hair etc. It's actually something I picked up from her, She comes from a culture where honesty and directness is second nature so she'd be pretty píssed off if I lied to her. She asks for my opinion because she wants it, she doesn't ask me to tell her what she wants to hear.

I find it hard to believe that you would be 100% honest in everything you say. Perhaps you havent encountered a situation where you had to protect her from the truth or something you felt would impact her a lot though so I wont question your honesty. We all do and think things we dont want anyone to know about so we have to compromise a lot in every day life. Its a much bigger issue for something like cheating where owning up may hugely affect someone. As a previous poster said perhaps owning up is putting your need to avoid guilt before the happiness of your partner. Its not just a case of do the right thing, be honest and your selfish and uncaring if you dont.

Deciding to cheat on your partner is not a mistake. It's a deliberate action. Compounding that be deciding not to tell your partner to protect his/her delicate sensitivities is not a mistake either.

Mistakes are deliberate actions later regretted. Your confusing mistake with accident. Deciding not to tell someone something may be seen as a mistake later but so can telling someone something which hurts them.

If it were natural to the human species humans wouldn't have such a problem with it. We are naturally promiscuous for the most part, monogamy for most is like slamming a square peg into a round hole..

I don't think the majority of people have any problem staying monogamous to the person they are in a relationship with.

Where did I say right and wrong was irrelevant when it came to making someone happy ?

More important..
    I personally see someone's happiness as more important than my own notion of the right and wrong thing.

So you would choose to keep someone happy, rather than go with your own sense of right and wrong.
    It can be done to protect someone from something that would upset them greatly..

But then you are back to square one and asking, why cheat on them in the first place if you knew it would upset them greatly? Exactly how long after cheating does concern for how upset they'd be kick-in? Drunkenly kissing someone on a once-off I can understand. Mind went walkies split second decision etc. Sleeping with someone can take dozens of mental choices and decisions. Saying that you never thought about how it would upset your partner is nonsense.
    I find it hard to believe that you would be 100% honest in everything you say. Perhaps you havent encountered a situation where you had to protect her from the truth or something you felt would impact her a lot though so I wont question your honesty.

I haven't had to protect her from the truth because she's a grown woman mature enough to deal with the truth, not a porcelain doll. At the moment I can't think of anything I have lied about, or deliberately concealed from my OH.
    Mistakes are deliberate actions later regretted.

Where does that defintion come from? I think that's the first time I've ever seen something being a mistake dependent on whether you regret them later or not. Where does it say anything about deliberate actions later regretted? :confused:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

If you wanted to preserve someones happiness you wouldnt cheat on them in the first place. Don't try and cover up the deep seated selfishness of adultery as preserving someone else's happiness.
    I have on many occasions had offers from married men, I never even considered any of these offers but no doubt these men did find a woman willing to oblige them.
    If you are not happy in a relationship, work at it first or walk away and have as much sex as you want with other men/women!
    adultery does not help keep marriages together and it is not just about sex. We humans are more complex than a fuking dog, are emotions have developed over thousands of years and we have the ability and need to hold deep emotional relationships with others.
    Use your hand next time your horny or maybe it might be a good idea to have a discussion with your wife/husband about your needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

blacklilly wrote: »
    If you wanted to preserve someones happiness you wouldnt cheat on them in the first place. Don't try and cover up the deep seated selfishness of adultery as preserving someone else's happiness.
    I have on many occasions had offers from married men, I never even considered any of these offers but no doubt these men did find a woman willing to oblige them.
    If you are not happy in a relationship, work at it first or walk away and have as much sex as you want with other men/women!
    adultery does not help keep marriages together and it is not just about sex. We humans are more complex than a fuking dog, are emotions have developed over thousands of years and we have the ability and need to hold deep emotional relationships with others.
    Use your hand next time your horny or maybe it might be a good idea to have a discussion with your wife/husband about your needs

Cheating does not have to mean you are unhappy with your partner nor does it mean you are not having sex with your partner.
    Most people resist temptation but human nature sometimes takes over and mistakes happen.
    I don't think everyone who has cheated on one occasion was unhappy at home and telling your partner in these circumstances would be causing more hurt than is necessary.

• Advertisement

More important..

What ?

So you would choose to keep someone happy, rather than go with your own sense of right and wrong.

No, I wouldnt upset someone to get something off my chest. I wouldnt want others to suffer so I can have a clear conscience. I'm not saying I dont act on my sense of right and wrong. I'm not even sure what I'd consider right and wrong in this scenario, being honest or protecting someone.

But then you are back to square one and asking, why cheat on them in the first place if you knew it would upset them greatly? Exactly how long after cheating does concern for how upset they'd be kick-in? Drunkenly kissing someone on a once-off I can understand. Mind went walkies split second decision etc. Sleeping with someone can take dozens of mental choices and decisions. Saying that you never thought about how it would upset your partner is nonsense.

No your not back to square one because we have already established it was a mistake. This is back to expecting people not to make mistakes. Would that life were that simple but it isnt. Mistakes happen and people have to deal with the consequences. This is dealing with the consequences of a mistake.

Where does that defintion come from? I think that's the first time I've ever seen something being a mistake dependent on whether you regret them later or not. Where does it say anything about deliberate actions later regretted? :confused:

http://www.thefreedic Dtionary.com/mistake

Dont see anything about deliberate actions cant be mistakes either.

Doing something you later regret doing is classed as a mistake. Defective Judgement would probably cover it if you wanted to get into it. You made a bad decision, you realised it was a bad decision later when you regretted doing it. If you didnt regret doing it you wouldnt see it as a mistake.

Cant believe you dragged me into that discussion because you confused mistake and accident. :D

Advertisement