Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever made love to a married woman/man?

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I am never going to know the full facts of this particular story and can only go on what i know so far.
    2 wrongs do not make a right and open relationships are not as common as you make out.

Who the **** loans out there wedding ring so their mate can have a quiet night in the pub?
    Would you only do it if you thought your hubby was a cheap bastard and bought the ring in Argos? :pac:
    Would it matter the value?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

You're assuming she was cheating though. But fair enough, I see your judgement can't be changed so I'll leave it at that.

(and I love how you moved the goalposts, it's now the way she was carrying on that made her a tramp ;))

Why would I change my judgement she didn't tell me her life story but she told me she was married, how can anyone justify cheating ?

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Who the **** loans out there wedding ring so their mate can have a quiet night in the pub?
    Would you only do it if you thought your hubby was a cheap bastard and bought the ring in Argos? :pac:
    Would it matter the value?

I've seen talk of it on AH years ago, people really do it
    wouldn't be for me

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Why would I change my judgement she didn't tell me her life story but she told me she was married, how can anyone justify cheating ?

Head meet wall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

bluewolf wrote: »
    If there's problems or whatever then why would your wear the ring on a night out on holidays? I know where you're coming from but personally from seeing how this girl carried on I feel tramp is the perfect word to label her with, I understand that everyone's circumstances are different but cheating to me is disgusting

why are you obsessed with her being a cheat?
    plenty of single women borrow wedding rings on nights out so they don't get approached and only approach who they want
    widows would of course wear the ring even if they want a ons
    someone who is broken up with their ex husband can't get a divorce here for years and maybe they want to just keep wearing the ring
    maybe she is in an OPEN MARRIAGE

there are plenty of options that don't involve her being a cheat ffs

Think I made Thread before on women wearing fake wedding rings to keep men away. I think I remember people thought it wasn't true. Must find thread.

Head meet wall.

Hold on a second, there are plenty of actions people do that are wrong just because x, y or z happened to these people does not justify their actions. If you were to equate that logic to everything there would be no criminals.
    If something is wrong, it is wrong,the reasons for a person doing this wrong may be compelling but the action is still wrong

blacklilly wrote: »
    Hold on a second, there are plenty of actions people do that are wrong just because x, y or z happened to these people does not justify their actions. If you were to equate that logic to everything there would be no criminals.
    If something us wrong, it us wrong,the reasons for a person doing this wrong may be compelling but the action is still wrong

So sleeping with someone after your husband had died is wrong. End of story. Ok :)

So sleeping with someone after your husband had died is wrong. End of story. Ok :)

Who said the husband was dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Who said he wasn't?

• Advertisement

Who said he wasn't?

So you think this woman was a widow then? Can you explain how you managed to come to that conclusion?
    Obviously if your husband or wife has died you can/have to move in with your life.
    Your insinuation that this woman was a widow suggests that no live spouse cheats.

Who said he wasn't?

The girl in question said he wasn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Chances are he wasn't dead, or they weren't in an open relationship. Chances are she was just a slag.

If you can have a clear conscience while being unfaithful to your wife/husband well then I would seriously question your emotional capabilities and your thoughts on love.
    Good luck to anyone who thinks they can live their life like that without re-percussions of the negative kind. we are more fragile as you would make us out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

If you can have a clear conscience while being unfaithful to your wife/husband well then I would seriously question your emotional capabilities and your thoughts on love.
    Good luck to anyone who thinks they can live their life like that without re-percussions of the negative kind. we are more fragile as you would make us out to be.

Didnt you have a go at me previously for " mauling " women as i live a fairly sexually liberated life style ...

Not everyone's the same, and while i appreciate you're opinion that feelings will get hurt inevitable, that's life, if you fall down you get back up, and if you fall down a well , you get back up and become batman !!

The girl in question said he wasn't

Change your story much? You never mentioned that before and you also stated that you didn't discuss it with her. So what happened then, enlighten us...

Didnt you have a go at me previously for " mauling " women as i live a fairly sexually liberated life style ...

Not everyone's the same, and while i appreciate you're opinion that feelings will get hurt inevitable, that's life, if you fall down you get back up, and if you fall down a well , you get back up and become batman !!
    I also am sexually liberated however I do not see how sleeping with a married person is sexually liberating

I also am sexually liberated however I do not see how sleeping with a married person is sexually liberating

It's a man thing.
    Some men think they are liberating the woman by giving her the "**** of her life" something that they think her hubby couldn't give her.:pac:

• Advertisement

Not liberating, just exciting and a turn on.

It is also a turn on to have sex with a single person and way less likely for there to be implications.
    I have a friend who was having an affair with a married man for 3 years, she got pregnant and had an abortion, nothing nice and exciting or liberating about that

It is also a turn on to have sex with a single person and way less likely for there to be implications.
    I have a friend who was having an affair with a married man for 3 years, she got pregnant and had snap abortion, nothing nice and exciting or liberating about that
    did yu feel sorry for her?

Yawn... that's a tiresome argument. If the married person wants to have an affair and someone is willing to accept their offer then it's their prerogative and while you might not agree with it, it's just what some people are in to. There's also couples who like to have group sex, couples who like people to watch them etc etc. You could go on and on. Call it a fetish or whatever, but it's what they want. Some people just want the excitement.

RVP 11 wrote: »
    I have a friend who was having an affair with a married man for 3 years, she got pregnant and had snap abortion, nothing nice and exciting or liberating about that
    Did yu tell her she was a slapper?
    Or did yu feel sorry for her?

I told her from the beginning that what she was doing was wrong. she didn't care but well I suppose karma came into play at the end

smash wrote: »
    Yawn... that's a tiresome argument. If the married person wants to have an affair and someone is willing to accept their offer then it's their prerogative and while you might not agree with it, it's just what some people are in to. There's also couples who like to have group sex, couples who like people to watch them etc etc. You could go on and on. Call it a fetish or whatever, but it's what they want. Some people just want the excitement.

Hear hear !!!

Any chance of my keys back i think i left them on the bed side locker ??

• Advertisement

I told her from the beginning that what she was doing was wrong. she didn't care but well I suppose karma came into play at the end

Touche.

An affair by its definition is a secretive act. if a couple agree to have group sex that's different.
    There is a difference between an open relationship whereby both parties agree and an affair

An affair by its definition is a secretive act. if a couple agree to have group sex that's different.
    There is a difference between an open relationship whereby both parties agree and an affair

But how is it your problem if a single person decides to have sex with a married person unless you are involved in some way with the married person? It's what both parties decide to do as consenting adults.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I have a friend who was having an affair with a married man for 3 years, she got pregnant and had an abortion, nothing nice and exciting or liberating about that
    I hear you, but let's not forget what's important here.
    Is he ok?

But how is it your problem if a single person decides to have sex with a married person unless you are involved in some way with the married person? It's what both parties decide to do as consenting adults.

Im not saying it is my problem but im still entitled to an opinion on this.
    Just because something does not directly effect my life doesn't mean I shouldn't have an opinion on it.
    I hope you never have to experience the hurt and pain affairs cause but perhaps your opinions will change if you do

• Advertisement

Also just because something is consensual does not mean it is automatically right.
    Anyway it is obvious that im not liberal enough for this discussion. So im going to leave it.

Also just because something is consensual does not mean it is automatically right.
    Anyway it is obvious that im not liberal enough for this discussion. So im going to leave it.

I think there's some differing opinions and view's here, many of which are tangent's to the main issue..

Blacklilly's belief is founded in the fact that it's wrong to cheat, and she's entitled to said opinion, I think it's wrong also, but people do make mistakes, if you're a serial mistake maker you prob need a kick in the rear end .. and i'm looking at this from the husband/wife's aspect..

I've seen other say, extenuating circumstance comes in to play in relation to say, an open relationship, a separated couple, or a skin full of beer ..

If you are single do as you will, very few people will turn down sex, no matter that the circumstances are, ignorance is bliss, as i've pointed out already ..

So you think this woman was a widow then? Can you explain how you managed to come to that conclusion?
    Obviously if your husband or wife has died you can/have to move in with your life.
    Your insinuation that this woman was a widow suggests that no live spouse cheats.

I didn't say I thought she was a widow. I said that caveman assumed that because she wore a wedding ring she must be a cheat. I simply gave other potential scenarios - all of which you said would still be wrong. I also said she may well have been a tramp but assuming it based on a piece of jewellery is ridiculous. But of course caveman changed the details of his story afterwards, this girl went on like a tramp and told him she was married, different from his original post ;)

I'm just not one for assuming the worst of people, I like to know the full facts before I label someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I think she actually left the ring there on purpose so she had an excuse to come back for more :pac:

Or she could not get away fast enough and forgot it:pac:

You knew she was married, you must have seen the wedding ring. Why she took it off and left it on the dresser is what amuses me.

hondasam wrote: »

You knew she was married, you must have seen the wedding ring. Why she took it off and left it on the dresser is what amuses me.

Chafing !!!! there's noting worse than a tugger from a burd who's got a hand full of sovies

hondasam wrote: »

Maybe she didn't want to lose it up his ass?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Unless the third party, the partner, knows about the affair, it isn't the same thing as group sex etc. Kind of stating the obvious but how and ever.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Unless the third party, the partner, knows about the affair, it isn't the same thing as group sex etc. Kind of stating the obvious but how and ever.
    I never said it was. Like I stated "fetish or whatever, but it's what they want. Some people just want the excitement."

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lencarlson

Unfortunately I have been here... Didn't know the dude was married... Then a friend of mine said that guy you were with lastnight and posted me a link to his FB page where I saw that he was married, his wifes FB page was full of pics of them under the caption ''true love forever'' I felt god awful. However the damage was done and I had gotton a taste for him, it happened again a few months later and again a few months after that - Just when we were both out and the opportunity was there I suppose... I think a lot of people use it as a release.. I know that I was VERY angry with my boyfriend at the time when I cheated, it was my way of having something in my mind which assured me that if it ever happened again, at least I couldn't say that I hadn't been a fool for him and wasted my time with him. You only live once... OK i shouldn't have done it but like I said - I'm weak and it was the rush.

lencarlson wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have been here... Didn't know the dude was married... Then a friend of mine said that guy you were with lastnight and posted me a link to his FB page where I saw that he was married, his wifes FB page was full of pics of them under the caption ''true love forever'' I felt god awful. However the damage was done and I had gotton a taste for him, it happened again a few months later and again a few months after that - Just when we were both out and the opportunity was there I suppose... I think a lot of people use it as a release.. I know that I was VERY angry with my boyfriend at the time when I cheated, it was my way of having something in my mind which assured me that if it ever happened again, at least I couldn't say that I hadn't been a fool for him and wasted my time with him. You only live once... OK i shouldn't have done it but like I said - I'm weak and it was the rush.

It's a common story, happens a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Novella wrote: »
    I never have.

And I never would.
    Johro wrote: »
    Can't stand cheats or cheating, so no.

^ These.

What an utterly depressing read this thread has been.

Advertisement