Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: toronto accomodation

• 13-06-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi goin to toronto in july on a years working holiday visa. I was wondering how hard it is to get a 1 bed apartment for me and my girlfriend. We were looking online and there seems to be plenty of places to rent but we seen that some places are looking for a credit rating and a reference.

Is this a common request in canada?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

**** Moving from US/ Canada Travel to Living Abroad, as this is where Canada Living/ Visa questions go until a separate Canada forum is created ***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Generally speaking they just want to know you have a job and are able to pay for the apartment. So they normally just ask for your managers phone number at work to verify you work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alanmc87

thanks for the reply just wasnt sure how tricky it would be. heard it can be hard

Advertisement