Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Fun size" and "Pub size" drinks

• 13-06-2012 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭

Hate them with a passion. Its worse for me because the odd day I like to drink a load of tonic water but a lot of places not just pubs only have those tiny tins that would only leave you gasping for more and would hardly fill a mouse.

I dunno why they are called fun size either. Nothing fun about drinking one down and thinking 'Jaysus I wish this was a proper tin so I could drink the rest of it and not be thirsty anymore'

Can't stand to see them on planes either, scabby fcukers probably trying to save a few mL of fuel as well as ripping people off with these small tins. Same with beers, should only be put in proper pint tins and the breweries should refuse to make the 330mL ones because they'll leave the drinker with a bad experience.

The other day I seen a 300mL lucozade bottle that was "Pub size". Why? Do the regular ones not fit on the shelf?

The only thing that should be "Fun sized" is a fine beour. Bah.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Are you saying you have a drinking problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

As Deus might say, it's a drinking solution, not a drinking problem.

And 330ml cans of beer wouldn't be a problem if pubs served actual beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

grindle wrote: »

330ml? It would want to be 20% stuff if thats all you were getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

eth0 wrote: »
    ... beour...
    That's the third or forth time I've heard/seen that word today.

Jesus Christ, I fucking hate it.

/off topic

330ml? It would want to be 20% stuff if thats all you were getting

Oh yeah. 6-7% minimum.

Ireland needs to learn the old sip'n'savour.

The way it is now, there's no point sipping what you can't savour.

If those cans could be €3, me and my mates'd be back to the pubs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Actually, he'd be more likey to say that's the perfect size to put on your erect penis ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Hate them with a passion. Its worse for me because the odd day I like to drink a load of tonic water but a lot of places not just pubs only have those tiny tins that would only leave you gasping for more and would hardly fill a mouse.

I dunno why they are called fun size either. Nothing fun about drinking one down and thinking 'Jaysus I wish this was a proper tin so I could drink the rest of it and not be thirsty anymore'

Can't stand to see them on planes either, scabby fcukers probably trying to save a few mL of fuel as well as ripping people off with these small tins. Same with beers, should only be put in proper pint tins and the breweries should refuse to make the 330mL ones because they'll leave the drinker with a bad experience.
    It's Ryanair size.
    Next spirits in a plastic bag. . .
    Then beer by the mouthful. . .
    Cheers. . .:D
    The other day I seen a 300mL lucozade bottle that was "Pub size". Why? Do the regular ones not fit on the shelf?

The only thing that should be "Fun sized" is a fine beour. Bah.

Actually, he'd be more likey to say that's the perfect size to put on your erect penis ;)

I just checked... It is!!!

But how do you keep it balanced, it keeps toppling over?

You need a woman who finds the idea of sucking it off appealing - apparently;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

policarp wrote: »

How did that happen?

• Advertisement

But if she sucks the beer-can off my penis, how will I drink it? What if she runs away?

But if she sucks the beer-can off my penis, how will I drink it? What if she runs away?

Well if you can't take some pleasure from that I think the loss of the beer is the least of your problems................

policarp wrote: »
    How did that happen?

You accidentally selected all and deleted when you pressed full stop, I'd say. From experience.

I hope it wasn't too lengthy.

Yes, that is what she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Well if you can't take some pleasure from that I think the loss of the beer is the least of your problems................
    You accidentally selected all and deleted when you pressed full stop, I'd say. From experience.

I hope it wasn't too lengthy.

Yes, that is what she said.

This is the least appealing sexy talk I have ever read.

Look up the posts of Deus Ex Machina - the last one you quoted was unrelated btw.

SOME pleasure?!?
    Getting all revved up for my beer, then some cow sucks it away?
    What fantasy-land do you live in?
    I've only just learned this trick and already I'm worried about thieves waiting to pounce at the sight of a beer-dick.

SOME pleasure?!?
    Getting all revved up for my beer, then some cow sucks it away?
    What fantasy-land do you live in?
    I've only just learned this trick and already I'm worried about thieves waiting to pounce at the sight of a beer-dick.

Don't panic, send her over to Deus. Tell her that he'll give her whiskey.

Sexy talk is unappealing in general, IMO.

Best to mock it.

Sexy talk is unappealing in general, IMO.

Best to mock it.

Don't mock Deus, he's a legend.

Don't mock Deus, he's a legend.

I'm not!

If he's not mocking sexy talk, I'll knock back a foreskin of whiskey myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement