Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin riding schools, public transport.

Options
  • 13-06-2012 1:28am

I was riding at Thornton Park but now me and the guy have broken up that's not happening anymore. I am seeking out riding schools with affordable lessons on public transport routes.

A place in Donabate does lessons for only 20 euro but it's at least a half hour walk from the station. Swords has a place right on the bus route for 28. My mother told me today she saw a place, on the bus route through Brittas to Blessington called Hampton Riding Stables or something? I googled them but no avail, anyone got any info? Though I know the bus ride out to Brittas and back, well, I might as well take the train out to Wicklow!

Any help, tanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Carrickmines Equestrian Centre

Dublin bus routes 63 and 44 serve the centre.

The No.63 bus leaves Dun Laoghaire, bakers corner, cornels court and kilternan,Cornelscourt. If you ask the bus driver to leave you off at Carrickmines Equestrian Centre he will leave you at the end of the lane which leads up to the centre which leaves you with a 8 minute walk to the equestrian centre. The bus journey will normally take 40 minutes but allow for 1 hour at rush hour times. The timetable is printed below however if you require any further information click here for the Dublin Bus website (add link to Dublin bus web site)

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=63

The No. 44 bus leaves from Hawkins Street and comes out through Ranelagh, Dundrum and Stepaside. If you get off the bus at Kilternan and walk down Glenamuck Rd. Take the second right off Glenamuck Rd. There is a signpost for the equestrian centre on the left hand side of the road. It is approximately a 15-minute walk from Kilternan to the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

budgese wrote: »
    I was riding at Thornton Park but now me and the guy have broken up that's not happening anymore. I am seeking out riding schools with affordable lessons on public transport routes.

A place in Donabate does lessons for only 20 euro but it's at least a half hour walk from the station. Swords has a place right on the bus route for 28. My mother told me today she saw a place, on the bus route through Brittas to Blessington called Hampton Riding Stables or something? I googled them but no avail, anyone got any info? Though I know the bus ride out to Brittas and back, well, I might as well take the train out to Wicklow!

Any help, tanks!

Hampton Lodge Equestrian.
    Call Susanne @ 0872070889
    They have a facebook page also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ambassador0873

Ah Budgese sorry to hear your plight, I'm sure you deserve better !

You could check out Brennanstown Riding School near Bray, www.brennanstownrs.ie , it's a fabulous yard and it is served to the gate by Finnegan's Bus Service from Bray DART station 7 days, or a weekday service from Sandyford LUAS.

Hope you are back on a horse soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RenataB

http://www.kilronanequestriancentre.ie/
    kilronan equestrian centre
    Just 2 min walk from bus stop
    Bus route-33;41
    Near airport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

My daughter used to ride at Killegar near Enniskerry. The 44 bus from Ranelagh stops just a few minutes walk from the stables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

The 44 does stop near Killegar but to be honest, I was up there the other week trying out a horse to share in a near by livery yard and that road is lethal! There's so much traffic (at a very fast speed) that I nearly got knocked down 13 times! I'd highly recommend Hampton Lodge, it's a nice place although mainly a livery yard as the school has just opened although the bus is regular and the bus stop it right outside

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I've been to quite a few of the equestrian centres located around Dublin, Wicklow and Kildare....and my favourite is definitely Hampton lodge (with Calliaghstown a close second). As another poster mentioned it is mainly a livery yard but everyone is very friendly and welcoming so you won't feel left out or anything. I just personally like the atmosphere and people at this yard over any other one I've been to.

The bus that stops right outside it in Brittas, just past the Blue Gardenia is the 65...

Any more questions feel free to ask or if there's any other areas that would be handier let me know and I'll have a think if other good stables are in that direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

The 33b bus stops at the top of the road of the one in Donabate and it's a 10/15 min walk down

Advertisement