Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holy Moley!

• 13-06-2012 1:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

I was out with some friends at the weekend and at one stage, while sitting at the bar, I got talking to a guy while he waited to be served. He was well on and drunk-friendly, shook my hands a few times during the conversation.

I made the comment that he must work a very physical job as his hands were very rough, at which point he said - "Are you referring to my skin condition"?

This was followed by an explaination and background story of said ailment and its cause/origin.
    Its not a story Disney are ever likely to base a movie on.

Have you ever inadvertently drawn attention to, or pointed out, something that you subsequently regretted?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Holy Moley

Didn't think anyone actually said that:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Janey mac!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Holy Moley

Didn't think anyone actually said that:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

You don't sweat much for a fat girl. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I made a comment about Lung Cancer one time in a pub where the fella beside was coughing incessantly. Room fell silent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I once said: Fuckin hell... Who died?

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I said Holy Moly the other day here on a thread,and someone asked if i was 90!! :O

I do it all the time, I have foot in mouth syndrome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Well i was at a friends house and pointed out a picture saying who's that odd-looking dude. He died in a car crash a few months previous:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

ArtyM wrote: »
    I made the comment that he must work a very physical job as his hands were very rough, at which point he said - "Are you referring to my skin condition"?

This was followed by an explaination and background story of said ailment and its cause/origin.

I really freaked a guy out in my local once when I was suffering bad with psoriasis. My hands looked like they went through a grater and he made some sort of comment that I must have been working hard that day. I nearly wet myself trying to hold in the laughing his reaction :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

I thought this was going to be about funny expressions you dont hear any more :-)

What the helo - ara sure jaysus !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

I thought this was going to be about funny expressions you dont hear any more :-)

What the helo - ara sure jaysus !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Was out a few years ago with some mates and one of the lads was meeting 3 of his sister's in the nightclub. One of the sister's was on the large size and one of the other lads in the group asked her when she was due the baby. She knocked him out cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

While working as a marshall for a Rally up here in Donegal, I was sent down to the start of the stage to help allow cars onto the stage.

Balls I thought not gonna see much down here but feck it, it was a nice day and i had the paper and I was told there was someone else down there so wasn't gonna be lonely.

Walked down to the start of the stage anyway and as i got closer to the other marshall I shouted to him

"HEY I hear you need a hand"

got a little bit closer and i noticed he only had one hand. The other was a hook from just above the wrist area.

Cue 8 hours of silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Years ago, many years ago, I worked as a lounge girl in a hotel bar, and one day my ex boyfriend was sitting having a drink with his family. I hadn't seen him in ages so as I passed the table I said "hello, so you're still alive then" and continued walking to the lounge staff's station.

Little did I know, he'd just recently been allowed out of hospital having almost died from meningitis. His sisters (who weren't overly keen on me to begin with) were still giving me evil glares for a long time after until my ex came to find me and told me about his illness and extended hospital stay :eek:

I'm a lot better these days, bit more careful of what I say but I used be terrible for saying the wrong thing, totally by accident. If someone had huge ears, for example, I wouldn't have noticed and would make some comment about big ears - totally unrelated to the person with the big ears - and see my friends making faces at me to shut me up.

Gawd, I'd forgotten how much of a foot-in-mouth eejit I used to be, till I read this thread. You live and learn...thank goodness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭recyclops

I came on here wishing it was the video clip of the the young lad doing a few solos and then kicking the ball at the bloke on the bike, followed by the mother having a shouting match with the cyclist.

I have scoured the net looking for that video again but alas i can no longer find it :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

First time i stayed over in my ex girfriends house, i'm half cut, another girl comes in (i thought it was her friend or flat mate or something, the 2 couldn't look less similar), she says this is my sister, i thought she was joking and replied "ah, adopted i see". Turns out they both were!
    Thankfully they both saw the funny side, but i was very embarrased to say the least.

At least a dozen people over the years have asked the receptionist in work when she's due - she's just fat, and slightly peculiarly shaped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

This thread needs input from Prince Philip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I once met someone who told me a story and then I told the internet about meeting him but not the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Once, long ago, post boozer/club drinking with a small group in someone's gaff and I was taking the pish out of a bottle of wine we were drinking that had a picture of mary and lil baby jebus on it, to much hilarity I might add. I decided that lil baby jebus looked like his hand was all crippled up and began to joke about this, cue everyone falling silent and jaws dropping...and then I remember that one of the girls present had a crippled hand :o

I don't remember how I extracted myself from that...

• Advertisement
Advertisement