Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost / Stole phone on contract

Options
  • 13-06-2012 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry guys, I'd say there are about a million of these threads.

Anyway tonight I lost (actually almost certainly had stolen) an SG2 10 months into an 18 month contract.

Its with Emobile, its probably uninsured, and tbh I am pretty resigned to the fact its not coming back. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience claiming phones on home insurance or anything. If not do people recommend any particular "stop-gap" phone for the next 8 months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

It's probably too late for you, but the SG2 has a tracker inbuilt that you use with samsungdive.com. I doubt you'll have much luck with home insurance, but you might be able to renew your contract early to get a new phone. That's likely going to be 6 months at least though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I was on the tracker straight away, phone was off though, which is a massive shame.

Anyway the good Garda in Pearse told me that even GPS data and a picture (which you can get with android lost) wasn't enough to get a warrant, so knowing where it is wouldn't really help. (To be fair I almost agree with the warrant thing, it should take more than the value of a phone for police to able to break into your house).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Sorry to hear that. It's something to keep in mind about Samsung Dive so.

Advertisement