Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paragliding in Switzerland

Options
  • 13-06-2012 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Just a query if anyone has done some paragliding anywhere in Switzerland and if so, where were you based?

I remember years back it being an option when I was in Jungfraujoch but I didn't have time and with other commitments in the interim, it has been put on hold until now.

Has anyone done this?

Many Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I didn't get to do any while in Switzerland :( but saw lots happening. We stayed in Wengen (on the train route to Jungfrojoch) and did a day trip to Grindwald (i think) and there was lots of paragliding there. We spent the afternoon up a mountain in the sun watching them run off the cliff top amd then soaring into the sky...amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

mel.b wrote: »
    I didn't get to do any while in Switzerland :( but saw lots happening. We stayed in Wengen (on the train route to Jungfrojoch) and did a day trip to Grindwald (i think) and there was lots of paragliding there. We spent the afternoon up a mountain in the sun watching them run off the cliff top amd then soaring into the sky...amazing :)

Yeah we would stay in small town near Grindelwald, so close to everything my heart desires with Winter Sports. Cheers for your info above, I appreciate that feedback. Oh just can't wait until Winter again to get back, it's been too long already!

Might be better to stay where we stayed several times before since we would be familiar with that area. As I said though, cheers for this feedback. Might go with the company in my op when travelling this year, or just wait until reaching the area and see who else is established there for paragliding.
    ...watching them run off the cliff top amd then soaring into the sky...amazing :)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I would love to go in Winter. We were there in September and it was gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I would love to go in Winter. We were there in September and it was gorgeous.

It's those surroundings which I why I've chosen there for the paragliding.

I can paraglide in any country, but their is something about that area in Switzerland that is just so beautiful: glistening frozen lakes & snow-covered mountains, gorgeous - you are right there.

Cheers :)

Advertisement