Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a 'backup' all-terrain buggy - recommendations?

Options
  • 13-06-2012 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have a nipper 360 v2 (great buggy). However we need to buy a backup buggy. It needs to have air tyres (larger wheels not small plastic) if possible as it will be used on rough ground. Can anyone recommend a buggy which ticks those boxes but wont break the bank? Please advise where you purchased if possible. I need to get one very soon.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm going to qualify this by pointing out that I'm still pregnant so haven't had a baby in the pram yet but I am using it to train my dogs to walk neatly alongside it.

I have the three wheeler in this ad and I think it's fantastic. Very, very light and manoeuvrable but built like a tank and handles rough terrain with ease. It also has an adjustable handle so is great if there is a height difference between you and your partner.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/childrenitems/2883210

Lastly, I didn't buy it from this ad, (I got it on adverts.ie) so I can't vouch for the seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Loobz, what age is the child? Can they sit up?

We have the nipper 360 as well (what an awesome buggy it is!) but we didn't get another mode of transport until smallie was 11 months. She was getting bored with the buggy, so the trike give her a bit of entertainment as well. We got a smart-trike. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Trike-Fresh-Tutti-Frutti/dp/B004FN1AI4/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1339592465&sr=8-16

They are nowhere near as all-terrain as the nipper, but maybe there is something in that range that has big wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Loobz wrote: »
    Hi,

We have a nipper 360 v2 (great buggy). However we need to buy a backup buggy. It needs to have air tyres (larger wheels not small plastic) if possible as it will be used on rough ground. Can anyone recommend a buggy which ticks those boxes but wont break the bank? Please advise where you purchased if possible. I need to get one very soon.

Thanks.

What is the purpose of the backup buggy ?

Does it need to fold better, take up less space ?

Or do you want it to be as close to the nipper 360 as possible, but just at a lower cost ?

We have one of the nipper 360's and they are great for rough terrain and getting to places you just couldn't get to with a standard buggy. We were going to bring a smaller buggy on holidays last year, but just brought the nipper in the end and it was fine for the flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We have a phil & teds which is all terrain but a total nuisance for airports and generally pottering around. We got a second hand mclaren quest which we use more now than the p&t.

I'd advise that you stick with what you have and don't buy anything else until your baby is around 10 months as you really don't know what you'll actually need at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bubski

I have a quinny, 3 wheeler, its a lovely buggy, its really light & easy to use, I have pushed mine through fields, cross county courses, stoney forest roads with ease.
    I think the name is a buzz.. i got it 2nd hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    What is the purpose of the backup buggy ?

Does it need to fold better, take up less space ?

Or do you want it to be as close to the nipper 360 as possible, but just at a lower cost ?

We have one of the nipper 360's and they are great for rough terrain and getting to places you just couldn't get to with a standard buggy. We were going to bring a smaller buggy on holidays last year, but just brought the nipper in the end and it was fine for the flights.

We need another 3 wheeler buggy basically as close to the nipper 360 but not as expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Sorry I think I mixed up yours and iguanas posts. I thought you were still pregnant. Why not just get a second hand nipper?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

wmpdd3 wrote: »

I have this and was also going to suggest it to the OP.

It is very good on bumpy surfaces etc but is so heavy and bulky even when folded that I ended up buying a lighter pushchair for everyday use. If space and lugging it around (I lived on the top floor of a lift free apartment building so was a definite no no!) aren't an issue then I would recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have it too and love it, but i keep it folded in tje porch of a terreced house. I use it for walking into town as the basket is soo big for shopping. But i wouldnt lift it up ONE flight of stairs! This buggy is out with 4 years, so you could pick up the buggy part for 60 euro second hand, bargain. I've used it on the beech and on a mountain walk, not a bother.

• Advertisement
Advertisement