Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub with BBQ/Beer garden?

Options
  • 13-06-2012 10:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Planning a few drinks with the work crowd sometime in the next month or so and we'd be looking for a pub in the city with outdoor seating for 20 and food,or better yet a BBQ of some sort.

Anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dicey's
    D2

Grand Social might, they do for the Euros

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

The church.

But dont wear your runners and combats.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Fibbers ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Des wrote: »
    Dicey's
    D2

Grand Social might, they do for the Euros

Do grand social have a beer garden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

They did on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I was at a work do in Kobra bar on lesson st last year with bbq and at the time good drink promo's

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is Kobra now closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Get onto Diceys and ask them for a Balcony table for 20. Pretty much guaranteed it if you do it early enough and iirc they'll throw on finger food for free for a party that size. They've an outdoor grill downstairs for Burgers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

Dancor wrote: »
    The church.

But dont wear your runners and combats.

I'll +1 this. That place is great (except the mingin' little nightclub downstairs).

Beer garden here is big, comfortable, and cordoned off from the skangers that tend to prowl the area. I think they're fairly okay with the dress code, from what I remember, as long as you get there before 7pm or so. They're more severe if you're drunk when you show up.

If the beer garden is boring, head inside and plonk yourself down at the bar and enjoy the music and drinks. Again, from what I remember, the bar staff were pretty good. Good place to pull a girl, too.

Advertisement