Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Classroom management interview questions

• 13-06-2012 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30

Hi,

Has anyone any advice on how to handle questions on classroom management in an interview?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭eager tortoise

In interviews I used to say that classroom management problems can be headed off at the pass by implementing lessons that are engaging and pitched at the appropriate level. That's probably a good place to start.
    Having an established routine is also essential. In my last school there was a big emphasis on training first years to begin every class in the same way (i.e sitting down quietly, taking out books, opening journal and homework etc). I had a supervisor during the dip who said that a short writing task as soon as students come in the door can settle them if they are an excitable class.
    Failing that, I would say it is important to get as many students on task as possible, to go and stand by any disruptive parties and try to get them started on some work. In the interview I had for my last job I said it was important not to let the disruption get out of hand or de-rail the entire lesson; where possible you could talk to students after class rather than getting caught up in something in the middle of the lesson. The principal seemed to like that.

Advertisement