Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS : Swimsense

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

tunney wrote: »
    For sale a 6 month old Swimsense, perfect condition.

€185 new, looking for €100

Neat, small, good battery life. Can analyse your sessions in detail, stroke, stroke rate, swolf plus much muhc more. Very telling to see the breakdowns of your 25m lengths that make up a 400m TT. Very useful feedback on pacing.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2010/12/hands-on-look-at-finis-swimsense.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FINIS-1-05-049-37-Finis-Swimsense-Black/dp/B00491H0C2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339579585&sr=8-1

Why are you getting rid of it? You getting a 910 instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

ray o wrote: »
    Why are you getting rid of it? You getting a 910 instead?

Yeah, looking at a PM change in phases. Head unit now, PM in a few months. 910xt does TSS/IF/NP so there ya go. Does the swimming as well, was happy with the swimsense but don't need two ways of doing the same thing. Actually the swimsense is slightly superior in that it does auto start and autostop of intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Yeah, looking at a PM change in phases. Head unit now, PM in a few months. 910xt does TSS/IF/NP so there ya go. Does the swimming as well, was happy with the swimsense but don't need two ways of doing the same thing. Actually the swimsense is slightly superior in that it does auto start and autostop of intervals.

Apologies, OT but wondering what PM you are moving to?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dogtanian7

I'll give you €100 for it. "Rayo" said he might be able to arrange pickup for me if that suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

oconorm wrote: »
    I'll give you €100 for it. "Rayo" said he might be able to arrange pickup for me if that suits?

We're nearly all here now!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

the swimsense .....
    kind of Ironic after your Athy race report ;-)

peter kern wrote: »
    the swimsense .....
    kind of Ironic after your Athy race report ;-)

Swimsense is excellent for swimming in a pool.

Considering getting a water proof case for my phone and water proof head phones and then writing an app for my phone that will use GPS to determine if you are swimming in a straight and and if not give you audio cues......

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

In that case I'll write one too that alerts me to where you are in the water so I can draft off you :-) Would be an improvement on where I currently come out..

pgibbo wrote: »

I was going to talk to Peter about it first.

Seriously though. Undecided. 80% chance I will change. Only ones ruled out are Powertap (too many wheelsets), Polar Pedals(No faith in Polar)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

speedyj wrote: »
    In that case I'll write one too that alerts me to where you are in the water so I can draft off you :-) Would be an improvement on where I currently come out..

at least you're now armed with a professional looking suit with built in abs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

interested wrote: »
    at least you're now armed with a professional looking suit with built in abs.

Hey! Those abs are all mine I tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

speedyj wrote: »
    Hey! Those abs are all mine I tell ya!

Yeah, and I have a great tan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I heard that some of Peter's athletes don't even use a watch or pool clock... they count the seconds in their head as they swim.... old school.

mloc123 wrote: »
    I heard that some of Peter's athletes don't even use a watch or pool clock... they count the seconds in their head as they swim.... old school.

Could explain how they improve so much.

<german accent> : count faster fatty.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Yeah I think it's counter productive...

They train to race....

But then get to races and use them for training....

:p;)

Must be missing a few gadgets to tell them to go faster.:P

So in summary, Tunneys watch will help you track your training which you can then use to train in your racing... Got it? :D

Fazz wrote: »
    Yeah I think it's counter productive...

They train to race....

But then get to races and use them for training....

:p;)

Must be missing a few gadgets to tell them to go faster.:P

So in summary, Tunneys watch will help you track your training which you can then use to train in your racing... Got it? :D

pb3 has 11 nat titles ;-) in last 4 years just saying that there is times when they race.....

Could explain how they improve so much.

<german accent> : count faster fatty.........

some people you would never call fatty.

pgibbo wrote: »

Gone now. I'm back to using the force and a dreamcatcher for recording my swims

those dreamcatcher can be very forceful
    I have a girl that improved 7.5 min with one of those over a 40k tt
    ( and using cosmic wheels) in last 8 weeks. and in between she won her first triathlon and nat series race.

That looked like time trialing yesterday, and then they smashed themselves in the open water with proper drafting, positioning sighting training ....... I guess there is still no garmin for this ;-)
    but on the kernometer it looked ok. and kilkee can come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I too have as swimsense for sale, same reason.. looking to combine my 310xt and it into one 910xt.

Letting it go for the same price as Tunney, or ono.

Advertisement