Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resticky Departed Pets Thread

• 13-06-2012 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Ive noticed recently that when posters have lost their pets and want to share their sadness and lovely stories about them, new threads are started (which of course is ok) or their posts get muddled in with other threads. I feel they aren't given the comfort they need properly or understand its ok to grieve for your pet like everyone else.

There is a dedicated thread for this called Departed Pets that was unstickied last year and i feel it was a big loss to the main page.It's so far down the forum only regulars know that its there. I feel it's really important to have this thread back as a sticky, but for that to happen one needs to be unstickied eg. Bargain Alerts.

What do people feel? I may be out on my own here, but on Mods approval i just thought id gauge peoples opinions on whether to have it back if possible.

Resticky Departed Pets 17 votes

Yes, it should be on the main page as a sticky
    0% 0 votes
    No,it's fine where it is
    88% 15 votes
    There are too many stickies fullstop
    11% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just to point out, the Charter and Barry/Franknfurter threads are not up for debate to be 'unstickied'.

Also just for others who may not know, all Mods were asked to reduce the amount of stickies in their forums, as such we did reduce them but we still technically have too many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

We have 6 stickies, (we aren't supposed to have 6).

Forum Charter thread stays, the FranknFurter thread stays so we can re-jig what the other 4 are. I suggest a poll in which all the candidates for stickies are listed (Re-homing thread stays un-stuck) and people can vote for up to 4 threads each. I imagine a few people would also like the pet pics thread re-stickied.

anniehoo - this poll is private, can you tell me if you as the thread-starter can see who made the votes, because I can't, if not it would either have to be public or leave it that people can pick more than 4 options, and if everyone picks them all we're back where we started. If there's a tie between two for the last one we drop them both (again, we aren't supposed to have 6 and can't have 7).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

No i cant see who voted just the numbers. 8 for Yes, 0 for No and 4 for Too many stickies.

Id definitely be in favour of a vote for the rejigging of the stickies though! Good idea :)

Advertisement