Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop in Ireland

Options
  • 13-06-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

whats up everyone , just wanted to ask whats your opinion on the state of hip hop in Ireland , i know there are some rappers that are somewhat known , and being one my self i would love to get everyones opinon on my music :D

i cant post any links for now as im in work , but just go on youtube and search for BranDEAD and a bunch of my songs will show up ,

i look farward to all the critique :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ah the weekly IHH thread.

Wasn't too bad. Found it hard to understand what you were saying on a few songs, especially when you sped up your flow.

Also I wasn't a fan of that auto-tune on one of the songs. Singing badly is better than auto-tune imo. Even at that if you're going to do your own hooks then you really need to become better at hitting to correct notes.

If you can nail a catchy hook then the rest of the song can be average but it'll take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BranDEAD

Ahh you probs listened to some old and ****ty aongs haha , and the auto-tune wasent done by me , but thanks for the input :) , you should check out the freestyle i did called FLASH SPRAY , and another song called rise above :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just to warn you, I'm a hip hop snob and am pretty particular about what I listen to....moreso, what I like.

This I do not like.

First - the positives. You can write a rhyme that matches the beat, you are not trying to cram too many words per line......that's something I see over and over again with people setting out.
    Production value sounds decent enough.

OK, brace yourself for the bad news. I listened to the first minute of Rise Above. The beat is god awful, basically it mimicks the other countless number of beats that are being used in the US at the moment.
    I also have no idea what you are talking about and the amount of american-hip-hop-ims alone is astounding....haters, G'd Up, HAM, Chronic, paper chasing, cream....
    You put on a down south accent as well for pronunciation of some words.

That is enough to put me off.

From the amount of videos and stuff you have, it looks like you take this quite seriously, I'm all for that, but your sound/direction/subject matter dont appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BranDEAD

thanks for the input :D

Well thats actually how i talk when im not in the studio , im not Irish :P , i only grw p here , and i learned my english from american movie , matching the words to subtitles :D ,

and i dont usualy use the words what u said , ham , cream etc..

but thanks for the input non the less :D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭madmandaniel

I think you have potential, you have much better delivery than most people ive seen posting **** - just work on what angle you want to come at regarding your message/musical style etc

seeing as we have a little constructive criticism thread going - heres my new project New School Hippie its a free download
    any thoughts or feedback are welcome

http://www.danielscenery.bandcamp.com

im a 20 year old artist with american/irish/brazilian background - fairly standard you know....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/****e+Hawks+ft+Collie/2CjqNj?src=5 - no offense.

But keep going, practice makes perfect and all that.
    I think you have potential, you have much better delivery than most people ive seen posting ****

You must have been listening to some ****e-hawks from Bebo then.

Advertisement