Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

its probably haunted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

its gracedue manor on the tramore road, used to be a retreat house. the crowd that rent it, rent it cheap and tenants are like caretakers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

They rent it by the room, its like an apartment complex for want of a better phrase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

In fairness it looks like some spot for a session. if you got a sound group in there it could be some laugh for the summer.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

ziedth wrote: »
    In fairness it looks like some spot for a session. if you got a sound group in there it could be some laugh for the summer.....

It looks to be run by Camelot Properties though, and if you rent a property from them, there is a lot of stipulations you have to abide by. I don't think you're allowed visitors, or maybe it's something like only 2 visitors at a time. Also you can't have anyone stay over. They have security watching the place to stop homeless etc trying to bunk in. There was a girl on with Matt Cooper on Today FM who rents from them in Dublin who explained it all a while ago. She said you'd want to be a specific personality type to stick with it. I think things like bedrooms are separate but kitchen, bathroom etc is communal.

Like you say ziedth, if the group that also lived there were sound, you'd have a laugh alright. Plenty of space there and I remember going to that place on a retreat with school years ago, the grounds are nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Jason Todd wrote: »
    It looks to be run by Camelot Properties though, and if you rent a property from them, there is a lot of stipulations you have to abide by. I don't think you're allowed visitors, or maybe it's something like only 2 visitors at a time. Also you can't have anyone stay over. They have security watching the place to stop homeless etc trying to bunk in. There was a girl on with Matt Cooper on Today FM who rents from them in Dublin who explained it all a while ago. She said you'd want to be a specific personality type to stick with it. I think things like bedrooms are separate but kitchen, bathroom etc is communal.

Like you say ziedth, if the group that also lived there were sound, you'd have a laugh alright. Plenty of space there and I remember going to that place on a retreat with school years ago, the grounds are nice.

A friend of mine went out to have a look recently and said it is beautiful out there and the rooms are massive. Seems you can rent on-suite( not sure about this) or a bedroom with shared bathroom facilities etc.

Grounds are fab also she said just like living in a mansion and the other people renting /caretaking are lovely.

However they are very strict, no parties, have to sign visitors in and out etc as poster mentioned above. Which is a good thing otherwise I can just imagine the state it would be left in and wrecked by some people.

I know they do look for a good bit of money upfront with rent, security deposits etc. However it be great for a young professional person looking for a nice place of their own but with some company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i'd say its like the film "THE SHINING" all work and no play makes jack a dull boy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

I heard a radio interview a few months back with people who were living in these type of properties through that Camelot crowd, it actually sounds really good, empty buildings are turned into living quarters (one of the girls being interviewed was living with about 12 others in a converted school), they pay low rent and it keeps the properties secure and less likely to be vandalised, I think it's a brilliant idea. Another gang were living in an office block!

Gracedieu is lovely so it's great to see it being used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

mary21 wrote: »
    its gracedue manor on the tramore road, used to be a retreat house. the crowd that rent it, rent it cheap and tenants are like caretakers!

Yeah I remember having to go out there on retreats when I was in school. A class full of gowlers having to lie down on the floor in a circle and meditate and all that oul crap.

The grounds were great though, we'd form into gangs, break dry branches off the trees and beat the sh--e out of each other with sticks, meditate on that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

where exactly is this place, I know your go past the kingfisher gym put where do you go from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

its straight past the roundabout in the direction of tramore,couple of hundred yards up the road on the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

next door to tawdy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

I think there is there a similar deal with Mount Congrove estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

thomasm wrote: »
    I think there is there a similar deal with Mount Congrove estate
    No there is not,that is vacant

moving in next month, after getting myself some deal:)

moving in next month, after getting myself some deal:)

Tell us everything when you get there. Did you have to Interview, if I were a single guy I'd be all over that shiit

No interview , but you need 3 references 1 work and 2 character refernces , , you have to fill out a form with past employment and education details also. But once I gave them what I needed I was accpeted straight away, I got the only 2 bedroom apartment in the place. Its 240 a month, no bills.

The drawbacks are

theres no heat but because theres no bills you can plug in as many heaters as you wish and waste as much electricity as you want. Also thers no internet in the place but I plan to get a prepay device that allows alot of usage

They can also ask you to leave with only 2 weeks notice and its strict with guests but I think its grand as long as you dont have wild parties

The plus point is that I have a massive appartment for only 240 a month, the rooms especially the sitting room is massive

There are separate rooms still available at 150 a month with ensuite and 100 without

Is there any buses in town that service this area

Bus outside the door every half hour to Waterford or Tramore

No interview , but you need 3 references 1 work and 2 character refernces , , you have to fill out a form with past employment and education details also. But once I gave them what I needed I was accpeted straight away, I got the only 2 bedroom apartment in the place. Its 240 a month, no bills.

The drawbacks are

theres no heat but because theres no bills you can plug in as many heaters as you wish and waste as much electricity as you want. Also thers no internet in the place but I plan to get a prepay device that allows alot of usage

They can also ask you to leave with only 2 weeks notice and its strict with guests but I think its grand as long as you dont have wild parties

The plus point is that I have a massive appartment for only 240 a month, the rooms especially the sitting room is massive

There are separate rooms still available at 150 a month with ensuite and 100 without
    that area is a reception black spot you'd wanna try few networks

I'm genuinely tempted to take the €100 a month and just use it to crash after a night out or if I'm working late...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I went out a couple of months ago to see what the fuss was about. It's a decent spot and rooms are massive. Was half tempted to get a room or the apartment but got too lazy and the Euros was top of my agenda instead of handing out a deposit.

that area is a reception black spot you'd wanna try few networks

Wimax is the only thing that works in the area, I have tried them all.

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Wimax is the only thing that works in the area, I have tried them all.
    wimax is good have it meself

Bus outside the door every half hour to Waterford or Tramore

really, what time does it start running, do they really stop there because there isnt a stop sign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ive never seen it stop outside there myself,only opposite superquinn.sure look up the tramore bus timetable on bus eireanns website,has a list of times and bus stops.

Google the timetable Tramore Waterford starts around six thirty am, till just after 11..
    Stop sign is your hand, put it out and he will stop directly opposite bthe entrance, used it many times

Google the timetable Tramore Waterford starts around six thirty am, till just after 11..
    Stop sign is your hand, put it out and he will stop directly opposite bthe entrance, used it many times
    shur tawdy always does it

If the first bus leaves waterford for 6.30am what time will it be passing grace dieu manor on the way back from tramore

It leaves Tramore at 06.50 should be at Graicedue at 0710 or thereabouts
    see all Waterford bus timetables here
    www.scribd.com/doc/37146085/Waterford-City-Bus-Timetable

• Advertisement

It leaves Tramore at 06.50 should be at Graicedue at 0710 or thereabouts
    see all Waterford bus timetables here
    www.scribd.com/doc/37146085/Waterford-City-Bus-Timetable

thanks for that, so do I need to pay the full fair for tramore, what is that anyway, also is the wimax internet plug in and go or is there an installation involved

Think the fare to Waterford is about €1.90, Installation needed for wimax, the only other hope you have is either an 086 or 083 dongle.

Think the fare to Waterford is about €1.90, Installation needed for wimax, the only other hope you have is either an 086 or 083 dongle.

Would upc not work there

Today was my first time trying to get that bus and as i suspected the bus did not stop outside grace dieu retreat house :mad:

Today was my first time trying to get that bus and as i suspected the bus did not stop outside grace dieu retreat house :mad:
    Put your hand up to stop it on the straight and it will stop does for me!

I did tht today and was just ignored , do I need to be across the road

• Advertisement

I did tht today and was just ignored , do I need to be across the road
    You need to be on the side of the road the bus is travelling on.

Advertisement