Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carling Zest 2.8 per cent ABV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Think it's widely available? I've had a bottle and it tastes exactly like you might expect - watered down lager mixed with sugar syrup and a bit of flavouring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I think we need far more brands to start selling mid strength beers. Maybe not all with the citrus-y flavour, but the lower ABV is a great idea.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

This chap didn't have much luck with the new wave of UK mid-strength beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Pet hate: mid-strength (the term).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I think we need far more brands to start selling mid strength beers. Maybe not all with the citrus-y flavour, but the lower ABV is a great idea.

I would have thought the standard 4 - 5% beers were mid strength? ;):pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I would have thought the standard 4 - 5% beers were mid strength? ;):pac:

What is the average ABV of beer sold on tap in Ireland?
    noby wrote: »
    Pet hate: mid-strength (the term).

Well what would you refer to 2 to 3% ABV as?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this or know where you can buy it?

http://www.drinksindustryireland.ie/article.aspx?id=3131

Dunnes are stocking it, probably Tesco's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well what would you refer to 2 to 3% ABV as?

Low strength?

I really don't see the purpose of it really. If you want less alcohol, drink less beer. You don't need to drink pints of fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Blisterman wrote: »
    I really don't see the purpose of it really. If you want less alcohol, drink less beer. You don't need to drink pints of fluid.
    Some people want to drink at the same rate they usually do, not be sitting in a pub twiddling their thumbs drinking a half pint twice as slow. It can be refreshing to have a larger drink, this is why many will go for mixers and not just go to a pub & drink shots. Drinking pints of fluid helps combat dehydration. I was in Asia at a wedding and the beer was 2% or so, I had a great time, I was lashing down pints, everybody was toasting all the time, I never got pissed though I was drinking all day and woke up grand as I had so much water in me. It would be good on a sunny day at a BBQ.

Of course you could just order a half pint of beer and glass of water along with it, but many would prefer it all in one glass with an attempt at the same flavour/experience.

I would not go for mid strength in pubs as it is so expensive for what it is. Personally I would sooner drink less and have pints of water in between, I think I am in a minority there though. Tesco value beer is cheap and low %, probably muck, and the can looks horrendous!

009975.jpg

Advertisement