Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prof Diploma in Education - anyone doing this?

• 13-06-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi I'm considering applying for this for next year 2013/2014 and was looking for any information possible. I have a degree in applied maths from a few years ago and I'm living in the west of ireland, but outside galway.

Is there anyone studying to become a maths teacher? Are you recent graduate? Do they cover syllabus in much detail again? Do they cover applied maths as my degree would allow me to teach that also?

What is the day to day timetable like for this? I have two young children (other sitting LC this week).. and wondering what the start/finish times are for classes in general?

I'm separated from my husband and receiving lone parents allowance - any ides if I may be eligible for a grant or some back to education allowance ?

What is the jobs situation like after graduation for this course for teaching maths? Is there much of a demand for maths teachers?

Any information would be appreciated, thanks so much.

Comments

Advertisement