Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does creative visualisation actually work?

• 13-06-2012 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I'm a big believer in karma and if you're good to the world, the world will be good to you etc but has anyone had any concrete results from creative visualisation? Like to attract wealth and success? And if so, what techniques are most effective? Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

I apologise in advance for this really really annoying answer.

But if I was you I would attempt to discover both sensationally and mentally where the root cause, drive and passion to attain those things comes from.

I sh1t you not, it is far more rewarding realizing that you dont need those things to be happy than I would imagine it is to get them.

I dont mean that as some sort of mild philosophy or good spirited advice, I mean it literally, I mean that from the point of view of satisfying the core drive for wanting to be rich (for instance) without actually getting rich , because you realize "getting rich" was just a means to an end in terms of wanting to satisfy that drive (if you follow).

This is coming from someone who has spent a long time in his life wishing he was rich or succesful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

It's like the old Irish legend abound a warrior called Con who fought one hundred battles and won them all.
    But his greatest victory was the 101st battle which he lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I understand what you're saying wylo but I'm just curious as to whether anyone has had any obvious concrete success from creative visualisation :) Personally, I think the power of belief is a strong force but I also think that some people who buy into this sort of belief system are very quick to attribute every little success in their lives to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

I understand what you're saying wylo but I'm just curious as to whether anyone has had any obvious concrete success from creative visualisation :) Personally, I think the power of belief is a strong force but I also think that some people who buy into this sort of belief system are very quick to attribute every little success in their lives to it.

you dont by any chance have a friend whos brainwashed themselves with 'abraham' cds?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 local_lad

I know in the professional sports world visualisation plays a major part in their training. So I would imagine that it does work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

I'm a big believer in karma and if you're good to the world, the world will be good to you etc but has anyone had any concrete results from creative visualisation? Like to attract wealth and success? And if so, what techniques are most effective? Thanks :D

I don't think this is exactly what karma means, after all I assume someone like Jesus or most other saintly people would have 'earned' good karma and they were rarely rich and the world was hardly good to them.

I agree fully with what wylo says, its usually more fulfilling to examine the source of the want, but its also good to have healthy goals and drives. We all have various goals and drives, there not going anywhere, if one of those is to be rich, then there's no harm in following it while you examine it.

Finally, to answer what you asked, in my opinion, it works. But only when combined with shed loads of hard work, a positive non grasping attitude (i.e. not driven from scarcity), and everything else you have to do to get what you want. If used on its own, its essentially useless for everything expect maybe making you feel better (unless you go into next world/lifetime karma etc but that's another discussion). If you want material results you need to take action in the material world.

Advertisement